Hatch Idea

So I think most of us can agree (well me at least) that the current hatch system is a bit stupid, I do realize they most likely they put it there for solo survivors. I'm a killer main and I play a bit of survivor here and there (Personally it's easy for me) and for killer the only way to prevent the hatch too spawn is too protect the gens.....obviously, and we can't forget the hatch standoff problem too. Personally I don't go for 4ks all the time, but if I can guarantee that I can get a 4k I wont hesitate too get the last survivor, and when It come's too the hatch standoff I just hit them and be done with it because I've sat in a game once for a hour just too see if the survivor would just take the L, but no he would rather DC, but I digress.

Idea- Make the hatch a offering

Side note- If anything the whole endgame needs to be fix.

Thoughts? Idea's? Tweak's?

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t think anything is wrong with the hatch, slug for the 4K is the best strategy.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Only thing that could help with hatch stand offs is A let the person go B keep crying about it C maybe the devs could add some incentive for not doing hatch standoffs.

• BlowHard74728
    BlowHard74728 Member Posts: 60

I think the best fix for the hatch is to just make the survivors have to do an extra gen.

3 gens should have to be completed in order for the hatch to even open if there is one survivor alive instead of just 2.

• MaChOmAn191
    MaChOmAn191 Member Posts: 12

I'm currently doing A, but hopefully C will be a possibility one day

• MaChOmAn191
    MaChOmAn191 Member Posts: 12
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I dont think an offering is a good idea as its another way that causes imbalances between SWF and solo, with solo you never know what someone is going to put as an offering and with SWF they can take turns using it.

This also means with solo players they may use one as an incase all the time they can and in some cases it would be wasted.

The solution to the hatch standoff is to simply allow the gates to be powered and the hatch takes the same time to open as a gates, this gives more options and if the killer knows where they are at the end they should win, if the survivor evades the killer (must be in an actual chase) for longer than 60 seconds the gates and hatch open (killer can no longer grab from it), if no door is opened within 240's with no chases as the survivor is hiding then the game ends and the killer gets the sacrifice points and also they get the points for all 1,2,3 hooks left on that survivor, if the doors are opened and the survivor does not leave within 30 seconds the same happens, killergets those points.

The purpose is to give each side a chance while also ending the game quicker.