[SUGGESTION] The doctor's hallucinations should "move" toward the survivor.

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I think it would be a good idea that the doctor's hallucinations instead of being "immobilized" to be more afraid, that they make a movement towards the survivor without DOING DAMAGE.

It would be more incredible!

I clarify the concept and the idea: When a copy of the doctor appears to reveal the survivor, the copy moves to the survivor in the form of "punishment" and executes a HIT (WITHOUT DAMAGE) and dissapear

What do you think?

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Maybe a step, or lean towards you. Atleast the hallucinations should have a red glow, just like the killer

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Th3Nightmare said:
    I think it would be a good idea that the doctor's hallucinations instead of being "immobilized" to be more afraid, that they make a movement towards the survivor without DOING DAMAGE.

What do you think?

sounds intense as fk

• Th3Nightmare

@Nick said:
    Maybe a step, or lean towards you. Atleast the hallucinations should have a red glow, just like the killer

Because really the only "useless" of the doctor are the doctor's copies ... they stay still and do nothing, well reveals the position of the survivor, but they do not have an impact for the survivor. It would be nice to see him moving one step or two with light or something like that.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@oke said:
    Hallucinations are used by the doc to see where survivors are. It is fine as it is, Doc is already annoying enough to play against as survivor.

This is true.

• Th3Nightmare

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:
    Hallucinations are used by the doc to see where survivors are. It is fine as it is, Doc is already annoying enough to play against as survivor.

This is true.

LOL, it's NOTHING more animation. NOT TO IMPROVE IT, but to change an animation.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

LOL, it's NOTHING more animation. NOT TO IMPROVE IT, but to change an animation.

IMO, the problem is, that the illusions now stand and face the position the survivor had when they spawned (if that makes sense). But if they were walking towards them, it would show the doctor the exact survivor's location. This is the main problem.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    popoles said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

IMO, the problem is, that the illusions now stand and face the position the survivor had when they spawned (if that makes sense). But if they were walking towards them, it would show the doctor the exact survivor's location. This is the main problem.
    the illusions always spawn a specific distance from the player, so its easy to judge where they are anyways
  • Th3Nightmare

@popoles said:
    Th3Nightmare said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

It is to move the copy of the doctor and make the survivor "scare". Simply, when the copy begins to walk towards the survivor who executes the copy a hit WITHOUT DAMAGE and disappear.

• popoles

@popoles said:
    Th3Nightmare said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

It is to move the copy of the doctor and make the survivor "scare". Simply, when the copy begins to walk towards the survivor who executes the copy a hit WITHOUT DAMAGE and disappear.

I know you said it won't do damage. Why are mentioning it?
  • HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

@Th3Nightmare said:

What do you think?

Great idea, but i think it would be to strong
    The illusions are made to indicate the position of the Survivor. So there you can see where they are.
    Thats ok.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Th3Nightmare said:

What do you think?

Great idea

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@DrHermanCarter said:

@Th3Nightmare said:

What do you think?

Great idea, but i think it would be to strong
    The illusions are made to indicate the position of the Survivor. So there you can see where they are.
    Thats ok.

Hallucinations don´t hit you. They are not to strong. Would be the equivalent of the hags traps. Or are they to strong too?

• Th3Nightmare

only move toward to survivors and dissapear when HIT (without damage)

• Eskay
    Eskay Member Posts: 30

Imo It won't affect rank 1's in any way but will only make it a lot more difficult for rank 20's and doctor is already really overpowered on rank 20

• popoles
    Lowbei said:
    popoles said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

the illusions always spawn a specific distance from the player, so its easy to judge where they are anyways
    Yeah, but with the walking animation, it would show the direction they are going.
  • popoles
    Lowbei said:
    popoles said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@oke said:

This is true.

Yeah, but with the walking animation, it would show the direction they are going.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2018

This would be a nerf to the doctor actually.

I'm assuming these illusions disappear after they do their fake hit?

That means Doc has less time to look in the right direction and get an update to the survivor's direction.

Also, remember that illusions disappear if the survivor touches it.

As a doc main, I disapprove this suggestion.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

This would only scare very new players. Anyone that knows how the game works is never going to fall for a Doctor Illusion. It's not even what they are for.

It's blatantly obvious it's fake when it appears literally out of nowhere and has a static sound accompanying it. It'd look cool, for sure, but you're not going to scare enough people with it to be worth the time it takes to create.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

I don't think it would be all that OP if it spawned and walked toward the survivor, but did not turn to follow them when they ran away.

Of course, very few people seem to know that you can make the illusions disappear just by walking through them. Every time I see a Doctor illusion, I just leave the gen to walk through it, then go back to repairing.

• Th3Nightmare

@Esheon said:
    I don't think it would be all that OP if it spawned and walked toward the survivor, but did not turn to follow them when they ran away.

Of course, very few people seem to know that you can make the illusions disappear just by walking through them. Every time I see a Doctor illusion, I just leave the gen to walk through it, then go back to repairing.

That's! It is only a waste of time of 1-2 seconds and the doctor will be more terrifying! +1

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

It doesn't seem like a change worth making. The hallucinations serve their purpose alright and they're a pretty good indicator of where a survivor is, especially since the doctor can find you pretty easily any way. Maybe they could add the red stain but having the doctor walk toward you would only fool brand new players and, after that, is kind of useless besides giving the doctor a bit more of an idea of where the survivor is, which isn't really something he needs.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

It'd be nice if they swung.

But they don't need to be any better at tracking. Doctor's already one of the best anti-stealth killers.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i completely agree that the illusions should move and or fake a shockwave