Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Decisive Strike

Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check  to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun the Killer for 3 seconds.

• Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.
  • Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

This is the new Decisive Strike. Am I saying it's bad? Not exactly. Is it good? Not exactly that either.

On the one hand, the Killers can somewhat rejoice. With the new requirements, they can at least hook the obsession before they have face the inevitable pain in the back, that's if the Survivor lands the Skill Check. This also helps out with anti-tunneling and possibly gives the Survivor a little breathing room.

On the other hand, if more than one person is running this in one game, prepare for every Killer Obsession perk to suddenly become a headache in record time. This perk, I believe, also supports camping. There's no way for the Survivor to use DS if the Survivor never gets off the hook, after all.

Is this new change gonna ruin the game? Personally, I don't think so.

Decisive Strike isn't the key to winning matches. I should know, I've played this game for over a year or two. It is not the deciding factor in any decent game. That comes down to skill and co-operation. I've had multiple games where I got destroyed as a Killer without DS being present. I've played with other Survivors where we destroyed the Killer and no one needed DS. I've actually used DS before on an Ace, got the Skill Check and still died afterwards. It is not that powerful. Clutch, maybe, but not powerful.

And as a perk in general, i'd argue it wasn't even top 5 Best Survivor perks. Look at Dead Hard, Self-Care, Lithe, Spine Chill, Urban Evasion, Kindred, etc. There are plenty of other perks to choose from, especially if your main goal is to troll the Killer into throwing his game console or PC out the window. Trust me. And if those leaks about the Ash Williams perks are true, then Mettle of Man is gonna be the 0.5 version of the old DS anyway.

Is DS bad now? To me, it's certainly weaker than before, but it's still viable, especially concerning the Obsession shenanigans. It probably isn't the best change to DS, but for what it is now, it's a decent starting point to balancing the game. Now all we can do is see where we end up next.

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

In my opinion new DS is great, if It was to be changed it should not work if the killer hooks someone else in those 60 seconds, sometimes the killer just finds the unhooked instead of the unhooker.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

Personally I don't think it should be an obsession perk...kind of makes dying light useless

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

It’s alright, 3.5 seconds would do wonders, as it doesn’t bring you enough space majority of the time.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Entity bless "Endurance" <3 + "Rancor". I got to mori two survivors after a minor inconvinience ;-)

The ones that did not had DS just got sacrificed.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Don't forget now your just face camped on hook1

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

That has no relevance to the topic whatsoever. You can gloat on reddit.