New Matchmaking Gone???

The time to find a game is no longer visible. It is also starting lobbies without any survivors, like the old system. Been sitting in a killer lobby for who knows how long with no one popping in, even reset the lobby twice. What is going on?

Comments

• 北欧人
    北欧人 Member Posts: 45

Yeah, same issue here.

Rank 1 killer. Can't find any matches. The lobby just sits there empty.

I guess it's because they turned the new matchmaking off and now since there are very few survivors in the red ranks is impossible to find a match.

This is so frustrating. I really have no words to describe how the devs manage this game. I'm not even mad at this point. Its just sad.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

Hopefully they have gone back to the old system, the matchmaking was just not working.

• 北欧人
    北欧人 Member Posts: 45

The problem is that those of us who have been able to play all week long and got to the red ranks are now screwed because we got into a position that we shouldn't have been able to with the old system. So now we can't get games.

These guys just don't think over the consequences of their acts.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They reverted it.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yay! <3

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

For what it's worth, I was put into empty lobbies on PS4 as Killer and stuff even before they announced they were reverting matchmaking and while the "expected wait time" thing was still there. Not sure if that meant they pulled the plug well before they made the announcement or something else.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited March 2019

Did they change the Pipping too? Pretty much everyone was depipping since it came out. If so Give it a a day or two and the lobbies should go back to how they were before.

If not then if your red ranks.. good luck finding a game.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2019

So we were getting matched with unfair ranks before, but at least we were getting matches. Now we aren't getting those unfair matches because we aren't getting matches at all. I'd rather have the prior version.

• Arabytes
    Arabytes Member Posts: 52

Bu-but.. What about my fellow japanese survivors??

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Blueberry I prefer the old matchmaking to the new i get faster matches with the old actually so i'm happy for now but...

It's really surprising how people expect to somehow have great ping, opponents of equal skill and fast matching...

There has to be a hit taken somewhere in exchange for speed...

• NickMilian
    NickMilian Member Posts: 81

They just took a massive dump on console players by reverting it. It was nice to actually get lobbies quickly for a change.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
  • NickMilian

Survivor. Has taken me between 5-15 minutes so far to find a lobby.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yea reverting the change at this point was not a very good move. I'm rank 2 killer and I feel like now I won't be able to find games because there are barely any red rank survivors on Xbox right now. They should have at least waited until rank reset.

Like it was dumb to get matched against rank 15's as a red rank killer but at least I could find games. Now I'm effectively screwed out of being able to get a game.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited March 2019

Praise to the Devs for listening for once !

But not surprised by looking at the community's backlash it caused, hence why they relatively quickly fixed this.

^ People can now make up their mind with this information.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

how are you guys happy about this bs? is everyone in here rank 15-20? they only changed the matchmaking and not the pipping. that means red rank killers will never get a game now since there is no red rank survivors around. GJ for crying and GJ to the devs to listining to rank 20 again.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I'm glad it is reverted and I play on console. It usually took me 5+ minutes to get into a lobby (that usually wasn't even full) with the new matchmaking. Before the update I found lobbies almost instantly.

• Carpemortum

I've never had that. It's always take 5+ to get a game on console for me. The new matchmaking had games in under a minute. Now its back to lobby simulator because people ######### about EVERYTHING the devs do as soon as they do it.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Well, what do you expect? Everyone has been continuously complaining about the new matchmaking system (which I liked better, by the way) and now it's back to normal. Congratz, guys. You did this.

• thesuicidefox
    edited March 2019

I just started a lobby and got 4 survivors within a few minutes. Dunno what their ranks are yet, but at least I can get games. Probably gonna get crushed though... I'm Plague with meh perks because I'm prestiging her. Wish me luck.

EDIT: I won they were purple/green ranks.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on
  • Froggard728
    Froggard728 Member Posts: 94

The new matchmaking system was working miles better for me. Don't care who I'm playing with or against, just want less loading times (which it was doing with the new system). Hopefully the next update to it will be good again.

• NickMilian

Good for you. You're obviously the exception. Sadly for me and many others (you just need to look at their Twitter mentions) that's not the case.

• thesuicidefox

I won. They were purple/green ranks. I'm in my third game now, seems MM isn't all that bad currently. But it is peak times I think so we will see how it works out later.

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

you took the words right outta my mouth. Finally somebody gets it! Mismatched games are better than playing lobby simulator for 45 mins.....

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The pipping and Emblem changes should've gone with it. Heck, they shouldn’t have gotten past the PTB. This way, players who managed to make it to the red ranks with the current pipping system won’t have to experience abysmal queue times and the rest of us can actually make it there and earn the Adept Killer achievements.

Does this also mean we can now tell if Survivors are SWF or not from the lobby again?

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

That shouldnt matter. Swf is not nearly as rampant or as problematic as people want it to be.

If you're not there to play your best, learn, and move tf on, why play at all?

Everyone who rages about SWF being op and in every game sounds like they want to ONLY get 4k EVERY game and if it doesn't happen, someone cheated/exploited/was using bs tactics.

Are 4 man swf harder to 4k? Absolutely. But I'm not gonna cry about it. I'll play it and move on to the next one. Like an adult.

Sorry if it seemed like a rant towards you, it's not. <3

Just so sick of people QQing about swf like it's a 40 man raid boss.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited March 2019

I think they reverted it because the system wasn’t really working on PS4 because SWF lobbies would bug after 2 minutes of searching and it was impossible to find a game, people were also getting matched with low ranks all the time, now people are getting lobbies instantly on there.

Post edited by BoxingRouge on
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I hope they fix the random disconnects now.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

I liked the new system, I liked the timer. For the most part I only got stuck in a still lobby a few times, and It was quick to drop and rejoin. I like the timer saying <1 minute. I was certainly not getting into lobbies this fast on the old system. :(