"Noed rewards you for failing"

Andreyu44
Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Now,I never use NOED,I dont think it is as strong as people say.

However, "Noed rewards you for failing" is not true.

A killer job is to kill survivors. A killer "fails" when survivors escape,not when they complete all generators.

If Noed rewards you for failing,then Blood Warden ,remember Me and any other end game perk reward you for failing?

I dont think so,the show is still going on even if all generators are completed , so I see noed as many """" biased killer mains""""" see it: a punishment for not cleansing totems.

Noed doesnt reward you for failing,it punishes SURVIVORS for failing at cleansing totems.

-Posted by BW gang

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Mmm smart.

But it boosts some killers.

I got no problem with it personally.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • Andreyu44

The only change that (maybe ?) NOED needs is reverting the exposed status effect on all tiers.

Got a lot of Plagues with level 1 NOED recently xD

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2019

Actually most other endgame perks require a bit of strategy to pull off. NOED is just a passive buff instead. So imo it's correct saying that NOED rewards failure from the killer.

Still, survivors need to cleanse 1-2 totems per match each to avoid NOED. Spending 20 seconds to cleanse totems doesn't kill anyone, unlike NOED.

• Eskay
    Eskay Member Posts: 30

There are an average 20 000 people playing this game every day at any given moment

Why do you think that your "polls" mean something when less than 50 people participated in them? It's literally less than 0.1% of the community so stop calling it an "evidence" already lmao

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Eskay noed is an incredibly rare sight for me. (Survivor main)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You really falling back on a 30 vote poll in which most people that hit "no" probably use it fully, or at least occasionally? Come on.....that itself is anecdotal.

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152
    edited March 2019

This is why Fire Up is total garbage you literally have to be losing the game for it to work not to mention it starts on the 2nd gen not the 1st. Lol I totally agree this community cries too much I feel like I'd have better chances talking to R6 players about cav.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

The same could be said about pre-nerf DS, but that perk was ok amongst salty survivor mains because killers are too OP ;)

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

I play both sides, the way I see it noed is necessary because of gen rushing. Its actually ridiculous how quick gens get done, take this from someone who prefers playing survivor if you won't cleanse totems you deserve to get noed. Just like saying self care rewards failing to bring a medkit

• Mcfred

That's the one thing I loved about Friday the 13th everybody knew that the killer was supposed to be stronger (also people actually had respect for the killer and did't send hate mail).

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,443

What’s keeping you from cleansing totems?

• Mcfred

I think the survivors think they're entitled to open the gates if gens are done. (NOED still cheap tho)

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2019

I’m pretty sure you’ve read my post on NOED, got pressed about it, and then decided to make your own salt thread.

It does reward failure. I can say this with killer and survivor experience.

I’ve been against killers who played absolutely terrible that ended up getting no kills but had NOED equipped, would get at least a 3K or 4K, and would throw “GG EZ 4K” in my face as if they actually played like a pro...

Then, I’ve had a few times as killers where I went up against extremely experienced survivors, I’m talking mad pallet looping and infinite’s or just the matter of gen rushing. I ended up getting no kills but I had NOED equipped which allowed me to take at least half the team down in the end.

NOED rewards failure.... everyone knows that... but you apparently....

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

you mean the perks that have requirements before activating? and not just letting all 5 gens get done? you dont get blood warden or remember me for free, so don't try to compare them to noed. also "noed rewards you for failing" is not the statement you should be using, its "noed rewards you for losing" because if multiple survivors are alive by endgame, then you're in a losing position. but dont worry! one perk is all it takes to turn the game around!

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

Sure it doesn't. You can still get runed for 5 gens, get 360d 1201 times and end with 4k when people will get too altruistic and your totem will be hidden well. You might also hit purple ranks with such gameplay.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

It's actually the other way around. Noed requires survivors to fail in order to work at all.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

It punishes survivors for failing to do their optional 2ed objective aka totems.

• Andreyu44

This is not a salt thread xD and I dont know what you are talking about .

You literally just said "noed rewards failing because I got kills with it" wich doesnt make sense.

I also got kills with BW , Fire up and remember me,and they are not called "rewards failing perks".

You just said what every survivours say before thinking,if you don't have a good argument,dont say anything :)

I suggest you to think before randomly attacking people,lmao.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597

Noed is now a perfect perk, doesn't need any more changes.

Stop cry and clean totems.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited March 2019

Noed punishes survivors for not playing smart. Destroying all 5 totems prolongs game by 20 seconds. 20 seconds! If you want to genrush so hard keep noed in mind. And i know doing gens is survivor objective. That's good, do it. But play smart.

Quit with your entitlement attitude and adapt.

Edit: if you don't know totem spots you have maps, small game and Fapp's hunch. "But i need my 4 crutch perks hurr durr". Playing survivor effectively requires 0 perks and is actually easy. Play smart...

• artist
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Not even gunna read this I will just say that I agree however there are so many counters and you can just BREAK THE TOTEMS and boom its gone. At most you get everyone if they are dumb but most times you get 1 or 2 downs and than people leave or break the totem and than do a team save which is really a 50/50 on if you get a player down if they do it right.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Ok so here's my problem with Noed. I feel like it's just as equivalent to DS (the old ds) and it does have a counter by breaking all the Totems in the trial.

But lets all be honest here... No one starts the game off totem hunting, we're all going straight for gens.

I just feel like Noed is a beginners perk that experienced (bad) players can't let go of.

Killer chasing one survivor around for x amount of time without putting any type of pressure on the other survivors who are gen rushing you now is pretty damn stupid to be doing from the killer.

Why? I mean you're basically throwing the game away because... Oh wait that's right, the killer has Noed. The ole tunnel & camp strat to bait other survivors in... Jesus!

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289

NOED is more punishment for survivors who consider the game safe once the gates are powered.

Although I do believe two adjustments should be made to noed being Dull Totems need to reward more bloodpoints and Emblem points as well as NOED itself needs a subtle indicator that the killer has it aside from movement speed. Something visual that observant survivors can tell so they can play smart. Because while I think NOED is fine for the most part I know being the first one to get the surprise noed smack sucks when there was no indication of that prior

Aside from that the perk is fine. I wouldn't compare it to any of the survivor crutch perks quite honestly. Not sure I'd even call it a crutch perk because it's a perk where you cripple yourself until the gates are powered by having one less perk. I feel like no one would even use it if they had access to more perks without them being teachables. Like if NOED was a teachable I'm quite certain no one would use it. Just add more good perks to the available general perks.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2019

Does it suck to get hit with Noed? Absolutely. It’s fine imo though, Bc it has a counter which is cleansing the totems. See a totem? Cleanse it, spread the word.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

NOED is the ultimate IN YOUR FACE perk. You rush gens, expect to get an easy escape and the last *BLING* goes boooom and you get rekt.

Knowing perfectly well that you messed up for not cleansing the totems, you start to complain and insult the Killers for using a high risk / high reward perk.

Classic, that's why I love DbD.

• HazeHound

@artist are you asking this seriouly? How many survivors are in game? 4 for 1 killer. Slightly more than totem per survivor. 20 seconds is even too much

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

only if survivors have no brain and then they deserve to die

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

It might help you with your math that there are 4 survivors (not exact then, but almost)

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

I see it all the time but I also just cleanse the 5 totems in the map and completely negate it before it happens it's not OP people just want to do brain dead gen rushing and don't respect totems and that is their downfall, something so easy to counter is always bitched about smh

• OrionsFury4789

Requires zero perks? Sure you can do that if you choose and it's totally possible to win but pretending no perks is easy against a good killer is a flat out lie, how about you get your 4 man and equip no perks and I'll pick a killer and show you how unbalanced it is without perks against a red rank killer that's not a potato fully loaded, I agreed up until the "even with no perks it's easy " yea easy at the yellow ranks maybe, any killer worth their salt will make you pay for that mindset.

• HazeHound

I didnt say its easy. Only that playing effective as survivor doesnt require any perks.

With perks its easy tho @OrionsFury4789

• OrionsFury4789

Oh, my mistake I misread that and yea I guess without perks the objective can still be completed effectively, with perks it's easy depending on your team, if it's a 4 man it's no problem but relying on randoms is painful I had a match where i ran the killer for literally 15 minutes on Haddonfield while the other two survivors we're hopping in and out of lockers all over the map with one gen left and no ruin....we all died because when I finally got downed nobody did anything but try to wait for the hatch, feels bad

• artist
    edited March 2019

for one he didn't mention the whole team cleansing totems (which never happens, so using that as a basis is pretty dumb), and for two there is also the time spent searching for the totems themselves. so no, not even almost @HazeHound

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

I agree it's fine as it is. If anything, it actually adds a little bit of excitement to the end of the match because you're not sure if the killer has NOED or not and if you destroyed all the totems. Without that fear, it would basically feel like you're in no danger after the gates are powered.

Also, if the killer manages to get an "easy 3 kills" as you said at the endgame just from noed, you must have all been lining up to get hit @Hunter901