Discussion on Survivor Perks to Bring More Variety Than the Standard Meta!

Panduh
Panduh Member Posts: 51
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Here I have attached a word document of my thought-out ideas to bring more health, viability, and variety to many lesser used survivor perks. This was a draft I wrote out over about a week. I have been a fan and supporter of the game since 2016, play on mostly PS4 with a friend, occasional PC. I play more survivor but don't stray from killer. I would like more perks in general to be more accessible and interesting, and to not feel just flat -bad- on either side.

I have discussed this with a friend who plays killer more often than I in hopes that any thought out changes would not come out overtly strong, but that's also why I'm posting here, and will likely cross-post to Reddit. I'd like healthy non-toxic discussion from both sides! I plan to create one for Killer perks as well if I can get enough good discussion going. I need all the feedback I can get. Thank you!

(If you need me to type the whole doc into a comment then ask, I figured that'd be so cluttered though)

Post edited by Panduh on

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

On killer side I'd like:

A perk to assist with slowing gens down other than Ruin. Ruin is over used

A perk to get a short burst of speed, similar to sprint burst, but only able to be used once or twice a match. This could really help with those long pallet loops (which you really should not follow - 30 seconds, pressure a gen).

A perk that protects hex totems for a short period, or maybe for x seconds after each hook, totems are immune to destruction.

On survivor:

I'd like to see more perks that give bonus bp, or maybe actions that do it so the bp perks are not "meta". The grind is real, and I find myself running WGLF and Prove Thyself in almost all matches, just for the bp. Would be nice to see that shaken up some.

A perk that lets the survivor phase through a solid object one time in a match. I know, sounds horrid, but it would only be useable once, and could end up harming the survivor more than helping them.

A perk that allows a survivor to rebuild a pallet that was destroyed. Seriously, take x seconds to assemble the pieces, but it breaks after hitting the killer, or in one hit (killer can break it 50% faster). Again, one time use.

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

I appreciate the added discussion! I was hoping this could be about the current perks and not ideas for new ones! We need more variety and viability in the perks we already have IMO.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

It's necessary to give six perks to each player, otherwise you'll almost never see something different from the standard, boring meta.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

How about a perk that slows gen progression by X% while in a chase. Would promote stealthier options to the constant "look at me" looping and slow gens down.

Even if someone wanted to abuse it and never end a chase, gens would still get done.

It's also up to the killer to fully use the perk by finding survivors as quickly as possible.

Thoughts? Just kind of a basic idea.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Has potential.

As for current meta, that is hard to change without some serious gameplay changes. I don't really use many meta perks on survivor. I'm all about the BP, so anything giving extra BP is likely in my basic build.

As for killer, they are trying to...slow the game down jus a lil bit. So you see ruin and sloppy a lot, as well as aura sight perks that allow the killer to pressure the map in order to slow it down. Hard to break that meta without game changes.