Hatch closing please.

Toybirdy
Toybirdy Member Posts: 4
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

I had 2 matches where me and a survivor standing on the hatch for atleast 10 minutes.. Ok i know survivor mains will say it will make killers to op. but i am a survivor player to and even i want it hatch end game is just annoying when your a killer u are forced to stay near the hatch... bring it back. dont cave into pressure by survivor mains they will learn to adept. i am sick of hatch end game. hatch closign will make hatch keys more better to bring into matches cause u can open closed hatches when teh killer closed them already.

Edit: picture reference above me and killer just stand on hatch for atleast 10 minutes... how can peopel enjoy this? let killer close hatch..

Post edited by Toybirdy on

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

And then Killers will cry over Key brought into games? Or dodge the Lobby instantly?

Nah. Hatch should not close, it would only lead to even more hiding.

One side has to let go, it is as simple as that. Either the Survivor needs to let himself get hooked or the Killer should be ok with a 3K instead of a 4K. But because of the new Pipping System, both are not really good options. They are options, but not optimal.

I would say, the easiest solution would be that a Hatch Escape when the last Survivor is alive (and the Gates are not open) should count as 3 Hooks for the Killer for that Survivor. So a 3K is a 4K for the Emblem System. So the Killer has no intention or need to camp the Hatch.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

The last part of your post makes a lot of sense for those still interested in the emblem stuff.

And I agree, unless a whole new endgame is unveiled, right now the lesser evil is keeping the hatch open. Otherwise, there will be people willing to drag out matches for hours with the intention of making the killer DC out of frustration.

• Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42

There could be something implemented like this to optimize hatch standoffs, good idea. :)

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I think it would encourage hiding in all those cases where the killer found the hatch first. But I agree on at least trying the idea in a future PTB and see how it rolls.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Not really.

1st - it's killer sided buff and I think both sides cause the standoff, so why buff it for the killers and not for the survivors?

2nd- killers will just stand close to it and wait and then cry about survivors hiding and not coming towards the hatch or doing generators. Then both sides will come to the forums crying about that and it will be the same as with the hatch standoff.

• Jesslowe
    Jesslowe Member Posts: 9

Wasnt hatch closing going to become a thing last year? what happened to it? im sure i saw a video of myers closing it.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

@Aven_Fallen The thing is the hatch is in the survivors favor at the moment. If they find it first then they can jump in it, whereas if the killer finds it, they can decide to camp it or continue looking for the survivor. It should be in the killers favor since if you weren't able to finish all the gens, then you failed as a survivor team. And don't complain about having awful teammates because yeah it sucks when it happens but survivors are supposed to rely on each other to survive. They should let killers close the hatch if they find it first so its fair. Whoever finds the hatch first gets the hatch

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Incorrect you're all individuals looking out for no one but yourself and the killer has more movement speed or in the case of billy, Nurse, Spirit or Hag with addons can get to it super quick.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Jesslowe The developers didn't like it because.. survivors complained a bunch, I guess?

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

And if you close the hatch and survivor doesn’t have a key? You’ll end up in a 20 min game of hide and seek. I’ve literally watched it happen when a Nurse wrecked a team before 2 gens could be done. The last survivor hid and tapped different gens every so often for around 25 mins because the Nurse couldn’t find them.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

The only buff the killers need with the hatch game is not allowing survivors in the dying state to go through the hatch , there wouldn't be a hatch standoff at that point unless the survivor is healthy and you aren't using a one shot killer but there would be some counter instead of nothing to stop an injured survivor healing in your face like it is now , also they couldn't DC to give another slugged teammate the hatch at that point if you made it non accessable in the dying state, in my opinion this is a more balanced idea than what's there at the moment

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@ClogWench "Easy fix, you need to complete a 6 second progress bar action to open it. Removes the standoff pretty much fully."

Proposed since 2016.

Always ignored.

Because this :

Would not be happy.

AKA less money.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

They tried this once already and it led to zero survival rate. I don't understand the crying about the hatch. It is the least troubling thing in game to me. I either get them before the jatch, or they get out. I never sit there staring at the opponent at the hatch. That is purely your own fault for being stubborn/feeling entitled to that kill or escape.

Fix the thousand other things and Freddy rework before you even think of the word hatch.