Is this a bug? I was Obsession (No Ob. perks, when another survivor had DS)

altruistic
altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Title.

Is this intended? I've opened DBD once since the last update. I thought I would log in and play a game or two this morning. My perks were Distortion, We'll Make It, Iron Will and Aftercare.

Is the Obsession random now? I know there's been an update to DS and the Obsession mechanic as a whole. The Survivor with Obsession perks had Dark Sense, Spine Chill, DS and Self Care.

Comments

• Jesslowe
    Jesslowe Member Posts: 9

Once the survivor with DS uses DS they become the obsession now. They don't start off as the obsession all the time.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I was obsession at the very beginning of the match.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

Killer perk? Killer perk will affect also

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

If one player brings DS, a random Survivor is the Obsession. If the DS was used, the DS-User will become the Obsession.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It is a bug. I had this happen to me a couple of times since the last update. I didn't have any obsession perks, the killer didn't have any obsession perks, the killer didn't have any obsession add-ons. Yet I was the obsession. It's a bug.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Someone else has DS or the killer had obsession perks maybe? I don’t really know how it works in the first case.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

If someone has DS, someone else becomes the obsession.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

I mean, what I wrote is my observation. But I am not sure if it is intended. Maybe it is the only technical solution, because an Obsession cannot be created midgame so it needs to be there from the start so it can switch, if needed.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

If a Survivor has Decisive Strike, the obsession mechanic will randomly choose any of the Survivors. If they bring perks like Lone Survivor or Object of Obsession, they’ll have a better chance of being the Obsession. If not, once the Survivor that has DS uses it, they’ll gain the Obsession status. Killer’s obsession perks can affect any of the Survivors if none of them have any obsession perks. Hopefully, this helped your issue. :)

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

It could have been an add-on.

Freddy and Myers have Obsession add-ons.

• NoShinyPony

@Milo @Chaotic_Riddle

I'm confused. In the description of DS is still mentioned that DS increases your chances of being the obsession (how it was before the rework). So isn't it more like a bug if somebody who has no obsession perk becomes the obsession?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@NoShinyPony

For now this is classified as a bug. Future will tell

• NoShinyPony

@Milo Okay. Thanks for clarifying. 😊