What's your thoughts on Clown?

He is a good killer to me, though I find him incredibly boring. I also don't see many other Clowns, so what I'm guessing that's the case for a lot of other people too. What's your stance on playing Clown though? Boring, interesting, maybe there are better killers you'd rather use. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

He is my second favourite Killer. Sometimes I get good matches, sometimes just decent ones, other times bad ones. Most of my games are with either common or no add-ons at all. I usually run BBQ and Bamboozle on him. The two other slots, I change oftenly. Sloppy Butcher, Devour Hope, Discordance, Pop Goes the Weasel or Save the Best for Last. Very rarely, Ruin.

I would say he is heavily crippled by certain maps. Lery's makes his power almost useless. Generators in Shelter Woods are too spread out for him to apply proper pressure (and the fact that the map itself is out in the open space can go either in your favour or against you).

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I personally think his the weakest killer in the game, (yes, below Freddy).

His power does nothing, apart from ending a loop earlier, in which you just run to the next loop.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

My one request would be that his smoke's initial cough would be an interrupt if not by the AoE but on direct bottle hits. I mean if the Doctor shocks someone, they're interrupted from their current task due to high voltage, but if Clown hits them with god knows what sort of chemicals they're allowed to continue cleansing totems, healing, and repairing generators without needing to re-interact with the object in question.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Clown has a nice belly

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

His power is a mild annoyance at best and his map pressure is non-existent. Makes me a sad panda.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

There is clearly some work going into his visual and sound design and he has default speed and TR wich is better than some killer have. But his power does not look impressive and its effects are rather subtle. You could easily get the impression that his power does nothing, especially against confident survivors who aren't afraid of running trough the gas when its the right call.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited March 2019

Simply take exhaustion addon and noone can loop you. I like Clown. As stated before he isnt super exciting, but he is effective.

His power is quite like Freddy's or Doc's. Pretty mech on itself but with most addons its super good.

If you struggle try to use his power as hoarding tool, throwing bottles early to make survivors change direction.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

@DudeDelicious I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they don't.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

He's kinda underwhelming but his core concept is interesting. Currently my second favorite killer.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

I actually posted somewhere before where I was saying I think most people who use clown use him wrong. They throw his bottles to block paths instead of blocking where survivors can start loops before catching up to them. That simple difference is enough to show me an amateur clown vs a smart ass clown that uses him for what he was made for. Also some clowns only start throwing bottles after they've gotten super close and the heart beat is intense instead of before the heartbeat goes wicked hard. You don't want the survivors to anticipate you throwing a bottle and get multiple ideas at once. I have lithe as my main exhaustion too so if someone's not a smart clown, good luck not losing me or getting me in a cloud. Sucks to be a clown against sprint burst and lithe, probably even balanced if you don't use the bottles right.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Most killers think he's weak and most survivors think he's strong. Personally I'd put him upper mid tier. He just lacks map pressure.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Boring.

Throwing bottles & tiny knife that somehow makes the same cuts as Trapper's machete.

Plus the Mori is horrendously long in comparison.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I like him.

His power is simple and effective, his weapon is very pretty as well.

Many say he's weak but he's definitely not.

• Blueberry

The length of his mori is a big pet peeve of mine as well. It's just way, way too long.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221

He's my second least favorite, mostly due to his backstory being the literal best we have (IMO). I find him boring to play, and, as Boss and Blueberry both said, his Mori seems to have set a new standard length. It's one of the coolest, but it lasts WAY too long.

He is, however, really powerful in the right hands.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

I love Clown. He's fun to play, because survivors rarely expect him. Exhaustion bottles + extra hindered and you'll end loops before they even start. His only problem is he has no map pressure at all. I run Distressing on him, just for that extra bit of pressure of being inside the TR. Which doesn't bother a lot of survivors, but will still scare the immersed ones off gens.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Why is having a nicely written backstory a reason for you to dislike him? :P

Also, regarding his mori, it is lengthy, but Nurse's still lasts longer. His and Hag's are of the same length, and only slightly longer than Leatherface's and Myers'.

• Incirion

@DudeDelicious yea, great combo there. I love it too. I don't have tier 3 sloppy on him though, so I only run Coulrophobia with it. Along with Ruin and Pop.

• Incirion

@DudeDelicious agreed, it's great to knock back that gen progress. Would prefer it give a small regression every time you kicked to go along with it, would make more people run it. A survivor fails a skill check and gens get regressed, but if i kick it, it doesn't lose any progress? SeemsLegit.gif

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

He's fat

• Fun, Fat, and Pretty Powerful once you learn him.

I recommend Monitor and Abuse. Its my ACE perk on him.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

He's amazing. You know you are a force to be feared when you can zone survivors into kill zones with no pallets.

• cloud7dragon
    cloud7dragon Member Posts: 19

I like the idea of the clown's set up but I wish the bottles had different effects on the survivors.

One of the first things I wish it had was that instead of something that makes the survivors scream or cough I think that laughing gas would be perfect for the clown. That when the survivor gets wasted they start manically laughing. With different add ons that make the survivors hallucinate, similar to the doctor's madness but different. Such as they may see fake gens or boxes that when you try to repair or open them they explode in confetti or red balloons or blood then survivor breaks into the manical laughter revealing their position.

The gas could also have add ons to blind survivors ie tear gas.

What do you think people of the fog?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I CAN'T SEE

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

So you need perks to have map pressure with him. Big deal. Only the top+high tier killers don't.

He's still one of the best 1v1 killers. If you play your cards right, it's very hard for survivors to lose you mid chase.

You do REALLY need to make your chases count though, because that's where you shine.

• Boss

If every Killer were to have their Mori animations increase a few seconds as part of a balance change, like them saying that Moris should waste more time because you're taking someone out of the game, then i could understand it.

But what bothers me about the length is that we have all these Moris that are just way shorter.

It's too different.

• Blueberry

I assume along with this change we would add an equally long animation to insta heals correct?

• Boss