Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivor add ons should be 1 time use only, just like killer add ons

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Perhaps it would make items less potent. Outside of a ward, survivors won’t be able to use and reuse a rainbow map with the good add ons without stockpiling.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i think its okay that they can keep their add ons, when they keep the item.

however, id like the killer add ons to be keepable aswell. on the other hand, killers already gain more points, so i think its fair...

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I'd rather killers be able to keep addons. Maybe they keep one if they pip and the second if they double pip?

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

Good idea, it will help the DC epidemic for sure.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Mister_xD The thing is some killers really do need addons like leatherface. Even though killers can keep up with the bloodwebs, it is still going to be very difficult if you try to unlock perks for your other characters.

I think it is okay for survivors to keep their items and addons but killers need a way to do that as well.

Another problem is that some things whether people accept it or not are boosted like insta heals, keys, bnps (yes even the nerfed version), iri heads, frank's mixtapes, insta chainsaw for billy, prayer beads, third blinks omegablinks etc. People being able to save these kind of addons and items is problematic imo.

I think they should rework some of the stuff and introduce a way for killers to keep their addons.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Delfador while i do understand what you are trying to say, i have a few issues with your answer. yes, some killers need add ons, that is correct, but why would i play a killer that needs constant leveling up to be viable if im trying to farm BPs for a different killer?

besides that, i think its a flaw in the general game design that there are killers who really need add ons to be viable, but thats a different topic.

i would definitely enjoy it if there was something like chests for killers, where they can get random add ons out of (random, not guaranteed to be the ones they are currently using), which will be given to you in the result screen.

and yes, there is a lot of boosted stuff out there, but the list you've made there doesnt rly work out too well... insta heals are a one time only use, you can not save them from being used up. keys also only let you escape through the hatch once with them, unless you have the right add on. bnps also are a one time only usage. and all the killer add ons you listed will be gone after the match, unless you used the black ward...

id like to see something like the chest system i mentioned earlier. you will get add ons out of it, but the higher the add ons rarity is, the more rare it will be to find one. and yes, i think killers should be able to find ultra rares aswell, simply due to the fact that survivors now can do so aswell.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2019

As a few others said, I'd rather Killers gain a way to keep their add-ons than Survivors be forced to lose their add-ons. I like the idea of one add-on (the lower-rarity one, or randomly chosen if they are both equal rarity) for a pip and both for a double pip.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

To be fair, Survivors can find items with add-ons already installed mid-match.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

Dude, you're such a buzz kill. I bet you go to parties and say, "I think we should all just take one hit." No one likes this attitude. Get out! GET OUT!!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Mister_xD I don't think you fully understood my first sentence, we basically said the same thing. Some killers like leatherface needs addons to be viable but if we are putting points into plague, we will eventually run out of the addons.

I am fully on board with you on the 'game's flaw'. As a survivor main, I have no issue making carbutrator's tuning guide and primer bulb baseline for leatherface and rework the said addons. I have little to no hope since the devs don't even allow Trapper to hold 3 traps in his hand and want you to use addons for that. So we might as well try to protect our needed addons.

And for the other point, yes survivor stuffs are gone after being used but we are talking about killers being able to save their stuff. Imagine seeing iri head every match, this is why some addons should not be saved even with the new system or the chest system for killers.

I disagree with your last suggestion. If anything, survivors should not be able to find keys or insta heals from chests too but of course it is open to discussion.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Nah it's fine. If they survive, they can keep their stuff. That's cool.

• Itq
    Itq Member Posts: 29

Killers keeping addons would be stupid af. You think that anyone plays survivor after that when every game is against killers with most powerful addon combos? Well.. at least i don't. It's already now close to that thanks to BBQ.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Do you play killer regularly? Because if you did, you would know what you’re so outraged against is applicable to survivors and their bnps and syringes and green and purple items.

Heck, when it comes to toolboxes, even the brown ones can put a time crunch on a killer. Especially with add ons that can effectively turn it into a yellow or green effectively.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

If you don't like it when survivors keep their items you just have to kill them or make them drop the item with a good smack with The Cannivals perk equiped.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Killer add ons can make a bigger impact. It would honestly be unfair for you to keep your iri head, infinite hair or any of the really good add ons.

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2019

If the gates never get opened, then the killer should keep their add-ons (so no less than 3K). That'd be equivalent to a survivor escaping imo.

• Itq
    Itq Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2019

I said that killer keeping addons would be stupid. Didn't say anything about survivor items. If killer would keep addons, every game would be against best addons.

And survivors lose items/addons when they die, and point gain is generally lower. And btw BNP is lost on use, keys are lost on use except if you burn addon, but then you lose addon. insta heals are lost on use. Imo point gain wise it's in pretty good spot.

And yes. Been playing both sides regulary since 2016 when game was ridiculously hard for killers. Tough now and then been off several months.

Post edited by Itq on
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Sure and maybe killers can spend 3k-6k every match just to be able to use their power at all - and maybe earn the same amount of blood points each match that survivors do.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

LOL no.

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

This idea sucks.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

No

• Snow_
    Snow_ Member Posts: 56

BNPs are dogshit, and instaheals are one time use and can't be taken out of a trial if used.