The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

People who ask for Billy nerfs have never faced this:

tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Yh, 4 adrenaline SWF team.

They only healed once in the entire game, then they started rushing through gens. Last guy scaped through the exit gates...

You realize now why Billy cant be nerfed? He is the only killer that can deal with this bs, even with his incredible mobility and map control I still got my ass rushed to death. This outcome right here would have not been possible if I was playing as someone like Clown or Wraith.

I would nerf Billy if Gen Rush wasnt a thing but... Deal with the demons you create.

Edit:

I'd like to mention that I killed 2 of them (thanks to the chainsaw) after all gens were completed.

Post edited by tt_ivi_99 on

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

Good thing Billy has several syringes of heroine at his disposal so he can go RiCkY BoBBy f A s T

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

As a Nurse main, I disagree with the last bit. Stomping noobs with Spencer's Last Breath never gets boring. Never.

• tt_ivi_99
    edited March 2019

@artist

"Why mention Adrenaline?" Forgot to mention that I killed 2 of them after all gens were completed and It was thanks to my chainsaw, meaning that if had played any other character I would have ended up with a 2k or even 1k. Also Adrenaline helps Gen Rush, you spend those 30+ seconds doing gens instead of healing yourself and you'll get Adrenaline in no time.

"How did u even let it get to end game as a Ruin Billy?" I dont know man, maybe because Ruin depends on luck and not skill? It got destroyed at first 30 seconds of the match, just like in almost all of my games, + Im not facing potatoes here, Im facing competent survivors that know what they are doing...

"If they only healed once you should have been able to punish them more easily thanks to your mobility" You do know that they can just find a loop whenever they hear me coming from a mile away, right? It doesnt matter if I have mobility or not, they just go for the loop and start a chase. Also whenever they get unhooked they go do gens instead of spending 30+ seconds healing, that's almost half a gen done, meaning I have less time to end chases to regain map control...

Edit:

I edited the post to mention why I talked about Adrenaline

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited March 2019

Since the healing nerf survivors are just using andrenaline to hardcore genrush the living ######### out of you.

Ruin can get destroyed in the first 20 seconds and experienced survivors can rush gens with ruin ez.

Experienced survivors don't care much to be injured unless it's nurse, Billy can get looped. That's what I do, self-care is long gone from my build and I can pretty much run a killer long enough to make him lose the game.

• Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42

A great SWF team can defeat a great Billy on any map, and he is the second best killer in the game. His power is relatively balanced as well (not insta-saw), so maybe nerfs for his addons, but not his ability.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Sorry to break it for you, but Spirit is the second best killer in the game.

• DwightsLifeMatters

Depends, sometimes Billy is outclasses spirit and sometime spirit is outclasses billys. It depends on map and certain addon/perk loadout

• Numinous
    edited March 2019

@ABannedCat

You'll have to back up your statements with more details than that. Are we talking about completely bare, or with the best perks and addons possible?

I would agree with second if she has beads equipped, but Billy has much more mobility, can instadown, break pallets faster, fake revving the chainsaw at pallets to make distance in loops, etc.

And even if he isn't second, he's third after staying at second over the course of nearly 3 years.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Well, you killed 3 of them maybi Thats Why they decided to focus on gen cause your a good killer if they healed you might have gotten a 4 k think about that

healing wastes alot of time Ya know

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

No killer needs nerfs all killers need massive buffs the killers are highly undervalued. Whereas survivors are too powerful at the minute

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

So now ruin is this holy thing that puts survivors on hooks for you?

• DwightsLifeMatters

Alright calm down lad. I'm absolutely on the side of killers about them beeing to weak.

But nurse, Billy, spirit doesn't need "massive buffs" at all. It's the low tier killers who needs a buff. And the best buff you can give them is a second objective for survivors. And the best way to make solo experience still enjoyable is by closing the gab between solo and swf (I'm talking about buffs specific for solos).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

And until they realise that I will play the unviable killers I enjoy in the lower ranks

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Mobility Killers need to be nerfed, theyre far to powerful and its totally unfun to play every third game against a Billy, another third against nurse and rest as people like. That would be a first step to netter gameplay.

• tt_ivi_99

@MegsAreEvil

And get demolished every time you face a team with competent survivors? Thanks but no.

What about buffing the other killers to Billy tier so that we see more variety? Hell, we could just nerf survivors and Gen Rush and then Billy and Nurse, I would like that.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

You realize now why Billy cant be nerfed? He is the only killer that can deal with this bs

If they don't get to end game, Adrenaline won't go off.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    edited March 2019

So you play every 3rd game against Billy or nurse but still couldn't adapt?

Billy is the most balanced killer in the game. Fair for both sides and still plays DbD (he can get easily loopable like every other M1 killer, unlike Legion for example).

Nurse is the only killer who stands a chance against the most optimal sweaty and organised swf swat teams and it's not like that a newbie with 100 hrs can pull out big plays with her against tryhard survivors. You need to be an experienced, sweaty and tryhard nurse aswell. You still need to put a lot of hours into her and overall into killer gameplay to have game knowledge for correct decisions. Maybe omegablink and 3+ blinks are ridiculous, with second objective it can definitely be removed/reworked.

Soooo, I see no reason why those mobility killers should get nerfed.

• Numinous

@MegsAreEvil

Killers with mobility and/or enhanced chase ability are the best because they are able to keep map pressure, and they are the only ones who can keep up against coordinated survivor teams. Maybe they're unfun to play against for you because you solo queue and they are strong killers in general, but if you're in a SWF and complaining about a Billy, then I don't know what to say...

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Same as every killer main thread. No one will accept that mobility Killers are op, and on surviver side its only swf squads. Must be sad to be so narrow minded.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

I'd like to also mention that the group you faced is more the norm than the exception at red ranks. When killers complain about the speed of matches, this is what we mean. The math is inherently skewed towards survivors not healing, individually cranking out gens, and healing with adrenaline at the end. It's why I stopped running Sloppy Butcher. Good SWF groups aren't healing anyway in my games. Only high mobility killers present a danger to the no-heal meta because they can snowball it quickly. The low mobility killers aren't threatening when they have to cross the map and the team has a 10 second heads up. Not to mention, crossing the map with Billy/Nurse/Spirit with a Mother Daughter ring vs any other killer late game is the difference between half a gen and 15% of one.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149

two of them didnt have borrowed time, no insta heals, no nothing but a flashlight, thats like.. nothing, but good attempt you tried to shine

• GrootDude
    edited April 2019

(can’t delete quote.)

@MegsAreEvil I’m a survivor main and I say mobility killer aren’t OP. Nurse can still be juked.. Hillbilly is very loopable.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

High mobility killers are fine since with the exception of billy they're slower and have more punishing cooldowns.

Billy's only problem is he can cheese behind you while keeping his chainsaw charged and not slowdown.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

The problem stems from who should have control when experience is accounted for? Notice how you have a 3k? What would happen to a team that wasn't swf?

So if a killer is good do they deserve to 4k every game? Even when a coordinated team tries there hardest they should still lose by your standards?

• tt_ivi_99

@Killmaster

"Notice how you have a 3k? What would happen to a team that wasn't swf?"

Im just saying that Billy doesnt deserve to be nerfed because he is the only killer that can face this kind of buIIshit. If he wasnt in the lvl he is right now then this type of survivors would've stomped any killer.

If It wasnt a 4 SWF team they would get stomped, but if I wasnt playing Billy I would have been the one getting stomped.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Problem is this. Either I 4k or I 0k.

Adrenaline has lead to this super boring, super aggravating "beat the game under five minutes" meta. It's really lame.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46

The biggest problem with killers is that they are mostly underpowered without add-ons. The only two exceptions being Nurse and Hillbilly, and to a lesser extent, Spirit, but almost everyone else struggles greatly, and Billy and Spirit struggle as well without either type of items to help them out.

I'm a survivor main, and I know for a fact that killers are nothing without their add-ons and perks if they aren't Nurse. The killers need to have their powers buffed, unless the devs come up with a secondary objective that is required for them to leave. If that's the case, then nerfs may be in order for killers, but unless it's only generators, they need power to stay in the game.

Not to mention, the new ranking system made it even harder for killers to even pip, and if a survivor disconnects, they too get punished for the actions of the survivor. That's why the best killers have seen a rise in usage. It's to compensate for the bad new ranking system. The game is in a bit of a dark time, but it's still nothing compared to how the game was when it launched. Perma sabo, infinite loops, etc.

• GrootDude

Adrenaline is fine. The only thing I’d change is it not waking survivors up.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Waking up is fine but I'd say if asleep and your injured it only wakes you up, not heals you and perhaps a shorter burst of speed.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@tt_ivi_99 my advice is don't use ruin, and use Bamboozle, you can basically end every chase in 10-20 seconds and apply gen pressure instantly.

I think Ruin is unnecessary on a killer like Billy, Nurse or Spirit. They can patrol gens so easily, even Hag can do well without it and she sacrifices around 2 gens setting up.

In short, I think you got a little too used to ruin to apply the proper pressure. I might be wrong though. I don't want Billy nerfed btw.

• GrootDude

@Poweas I think this is the sole reason I do better with leatherface than hillbilly. No bamboozle yet but leatherface doesn’t have ruin. You do much better without ruin. :)

• Poweas

@TreemanXD once you get used to it, you see how good it is without ruin, but it's more difficult, because you must create gen pressure andmost killers would rather be lazy and rely on it,

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It's not that Adrenaline is too powerful. Billy is simply the only balanced killer. Everyone else - except for Nurse - would need a buff.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I think that players who struggle against a Billy generally need to get better at the game. Lack of skill is not really a reason to nerf something. Billy is good at punishing Survivors with no map awareness but can get looped very easily.

If that team you faced was actually good, they would've 2-3x escaped. If you get a bad map, might even end up with 0-1k. I'm Billy main and I 3-4k like 90% of my matches in high rank but I still get completly roflstomped when I face 4 actually good players, they put me back to reality and demonstrate what good players are capable of. And how powerless you can feel even as Billy.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    edited April 2019

This here. I play Billy a lot and dominate most of the time. I know a lot of techs, map awareness etc if I can say that by myself.

Whenever I get the feeling "hey, actually DbD seems to be quite balanced.." I get that special swat team finishing gens in under 4 minutes and stomping me back to reality. And I wasn't even doing mistakes. It's just that survivors playing optimal is to strong compared to killer playing optimal, I feel helpless.

I shadow record all my matches and sometimes I try really hard to analyse why I lost but I can't see mistakes of me.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

as I said, maybe it's different for console because I know billy players that can punish this type of team, and end the game before adrenaline even becomes a thing (hence why I said, "why mention adrenaline?"). there's no way every time they were on a gen while injured, they had a pallet they could beat you to, especially considering you have spirit fury so 1/3 times that MAY happen, you will still get them. also I say "as a ruin billy" because billy is strong enough to not need ruin to win games. but ONCE AGAIN, maybe it's different for console

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

on a killer like billy or nurse, you don't need ruin to win. unless you are bad.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@DwightLivesMatter

It's either the Killer dominating the Survivors or the other way around, I find really balanced matches to be quite rare. I'm either bored because of "easy 4k" or I'm completly pissed and tilted because I tryhard like crazy, pull the sickest plays and still end up with only 0-2k.

Is the reason why I had to stomp playing DbD, it's just not fun anymore to me at the moment. Stomp or get stomped, repeat.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

That's the main issue with this Game, There's such huge gaps in how people play and SWF can just completely throw any form of balance out the window.

I Think Mclean said on stream that Hillbilly's faster charge add ons are going to be getting looked at as well as legion and nurse so I'm pretty sure a nerf is coming at least to his Add ons.

• tt_ivi_99

@Poweas

Bamboozle is not necessary on Billy, once you learn how to curve with him you pretty much negate any window in the entire game.

Ruin gives you a couple of seconds on the match if It doesnt get demolished, even Billy struggles without it if going against efficient survivors.

• Poweas

Bamboozle I just like to use, I know a bit of the curving, (where you charge at the edge and down them by flicking right). But I once versed a sweaty SWF in the ASYLUM with Balanced Landing (all 4) and abuse of god windows, and I drew without Ruin. They had a key so I missed my 3k, (woulda let last guy get hatch they had me on edge). Naturally, I realised Ruin is unnecessary because I didn't have it leveled back then and still did well.

So I don't think killers should have ruin tbh, it's not that helpful and a perk like Pop Goes the Weasel is better used.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737