What's going on with the speedhack influx?

Beverly
Beverly Member Posts: 184

Hacking has been an issue that pops up every now and then, but I've never seen it get this bad. It's always a price to play in multiplayer games, I understand that much. But why on this scale all of the sudden? I used to see Youtube videos every now and then of a survivor/killer speedhacking, but never ran into it myself and assumed it was a myth for the most part. Now, I see a new video/forum post/stream clip everyday of someone going against a killer that appears infront of them in a matter of seconds and ends the game in less than a minute.

What's going on? Is it one person that everyone seems to be talking about, or is this a hack more and more people are getting ahold of? I'm a little worried, since people are spending money on DLC and cosmetics just to have an experience like that happen to them. Should I take a break until this blows over? I really like this game, but it makes me sad to see people doing this.

Comments

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

The way it's suppose to work is something like this:

1) Hack comes out
    2) AC identifies it
    3) Time is allowed to pass to catch all would be cheaters
    4) AC is updated
    5) Mass ban day

So it's a slow build up, to an all out epidemic, to a "where did all the hackers go".

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437
    It's because of that zekeo guy. He's been hacking for months now and recently showed how to hack as killer without bypassing eac. People have been using this hack because they know they wont get banned for it.Sadly.
  • Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

@foodie said:
    It's because of that zekeo guy. He's been hacking for months now and recently showed how to hack as killer without bypassing eac. People have been using this hack because they know they wont get banned for it.Sadly.

Wow really? Is this a thing now?
    How the hell is Zekeo still up and running? That guy should have been IP permabanned and if he would go for another account, hunt down and banned again...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@foodie said:

How the hell is Zekeo still up and running? That guy should have been IP permabanned and if he would go for another account, hunt down and banned again...

IP permabanning won't work and is easily bypassed for several reasons. If you're on a shared ip say college dorm or apartment etc you ban everyone. There's other ways to effectively ban someone but those are pretty closely guarded. As far as Youtube etc yes he should get banned.

• Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

@powerbats said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@foodie said:

IP permabanning won't work and is easily bypassed for several reasons. If you're on a shared ip say college dorm or apartment etc you ban everyone. There's other ways to effectively ban someone but those are pretty closely guarded. As far as Youtube etc yes he should get banned.

Well then, I checked his videos (if he is really still up and running). He even shown several times his steam ID, for being cocky ass as he is.
    Behaviour could go for Youtube and flag his videos.
    Do something.

This is pathetic.....

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Probably because people who contribute to the problem started posting hacks and giving the cheaters popularity by naming and shaming. At their core, trolls want attention, and those people give it to them.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Orion said:
    Probably because people who contribute to the problem started posting hacks and giving the cheaters popularity by naming and shaming. At their core, trolls want attention, and those people give it to them.

So because people are warning or talking about something that happens ingame, it's their fault that others hack and cheat? That so called naming and shaming is something we have within the community since the beginning.
    It's only getting worser recently and that manly because one hack/cheat, that apparently is quite easy to do, is making the rounds. That's it. And it's worth to talk about it, because it is an issue right now.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

Not to throw fuel on this fire...but devs should know how widespread this is. I have gathered enough intel to ascertain there is a large gathering of people who specifically find/and distribute hacks/exploits on youtube, skype, and several other places.

Zekeo even stated he got some of his codes from another person called Vzlom.

(I personally have very little qualms in people learning how to do these things....it's that they are using the knowledge to create unfair advantages for others. That I believe is wrong.)

When you can devs...please improve your security too. Of course, some of this may be fixed when you get dedicated servers.

• Orion

@ceridwen309 said:
    Not to throw fuel on this fire...but devs should know how widespread this is. I have gathered enough intel to ascertain there is a large gathering of people who specifically find/and distribute hacks/exploits on youtube, skype, and several other places.

(I personally have very little qualms in people learning how to do these things....it's that they are using the knowledge to create unfair advantages for others. That I believe is wrong.)

When you can devs...please improve your security too. Of course, some of this may be fixed when you get dedicated servers.

Indeed, devs should know how widespread it is, but my complaint was aimed at those who literally post how this speedhack works.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@ceridwen309 said:

Indeed, devs should know how widespread it is, but my complaint was aimed at those who literally post how this speedhack works.

I won't post links to hackers, nor to known sites since that's just plain stupid as in here's a link to the hackers youtube site. The other worser one is here's this site called how to hack (sarcasm)since that just gives them more.

The mods like @not_Queen have and the others I don't know of have been pretty good at removing those types of things and the Korean language spam versions that seem to infest us every so often. I'm just hopeful that this is something they not only initiate a massive perma ban wave but also get Steam involved. While Steam isn't involved per se it's a game sold on Steam for pc so by rights Valve could Vac ban the entire account.

The same is true of Youtube aka Google as well since the best way to deter it is to make it painful ie cost them money. If they start losing Steam accounts that have tons of games paid for on them that'll deter a bunch of the lower level ones. If Goggle starts banning streamers permanently and or forbis advertising etc that'll deter most of the rest.

• Orion

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

So because people are warning or talking about something that happens ingame, it's their fault that others hack and cheat? That so called naming and shaming is something we have within the community since the beginning.
    It's only getting worser recently and that manly because one hack/cheat, that apparently is quite easy to do, is making the rounds. That's it. And it's worth to talk about it, because it is an issue right now.

Because people are giving trolls the attention they want, other trolls are coming out from under their bridges to troll and get attention. That's one reason why reports are supposed to be private. "Don't feed the trolls" used to be common sense on the Internet, but I guess things have changed.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I just watched a few videos and the only thing I'll say is...well, this is the P2P gaming scene.

Don't worry though folks....once they figure out how to hack the cells, the Devs will make it a top priority. As it is now, I hope they get a refund from EAC.