Devs, please fix the game rather than adding new content.

Dead By Daylight is in a frustrating state right now for everybody, survivors and killers alike. Devs, please, take a break from adding new content, that's not what the game needs right now. So many people are frustrated (me included) because bugs arent being fixed, balance changes aren't being made.

DBD is getting a lot of bad reviews right now on steam. And I think it's because of bugs and balance. The bug where people have just been randomly booted out of matches has been in the game for 1-2 weeks now and still hasn't been fixed. (Recent steam reviews):

Devs, please, just fix the game. We don't care about new content, that's not what we want. We want fixes, we want balancing, not some new shiny purple cosmetic set. Thank you for reading.

TL;DR: The devs should focus on fixing the game over adding new content.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

2 different teams for 2 different jobs.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Devs don't make content

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Okay I'm sick of people saying they are two different teams. Yes, but it's clear where they're putting their money and prioritizing. It's a business, though. 🤷‍♀️

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It apparently has to be said though, since some people still don’t know.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

No. New content should always be priority. New stuff is cool.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

This reminds me of when Ubisoft denied their players an entire season on Rainbow Six Siege, and decided to make Operation Health. This was intended to focus on fixing the game instead of making new content. The end result was that the game was actually worse. So, an entire season went down the drain. No new operators, no new map, but an big increase in bugs and angry players.

I don't wanna say I think bE would do the same thing, but..

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2019

My friend literally made the same thread except it went controversial and he got banned just because he spoke out about it...

@Bbbrian2013 No, they should consider fixing their game first and then new stuff. No one wants to play a broken and unfair game

• SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34

I gotta agree, I was about to make a post about this. New content is always nice, everyone agrees. But I’d rather have a more enjoyable game and better balanced gameplay and content rather than more stuff, and it’s not even all that different just new killers and survivors. Of course I like it but that certainly isn’t what this game needs right now. We’re still waiting for console optimization, dedicated servers (yes I know they’re planned for summer), Freddy rework, leatheface rework, legion rework (all 3 of these were noted by the devs as being in progress or being discussed), reworked secondary objectives, possibly new game modes, better matchmaking balancing, more bug fixes, etc. And I know I’ve definitly missed more as well.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Bullshit. If it's the thread I remember, your friend was insulting everyone and rightfully got banned for it.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Yep this. Im pretty sure they invest 4 times more money, time and general resources into cosmetics, lore, new perks, new killers, new maps and new survivors than to actual bug fixing, reworking and balancing.

• Beckzfeehan7
    Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 104

Sat in a waiting lobby on PS4 for the past 19 minutes. Said I’d look at the forums and see what’s up. Ya....... this games in a great state lads ain’t it 🙄

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited April 2019

The game is not a subscription service. Making players stay by prioritizing bugs will not make them money. Making new content will bring players back to purchase and play until they get bored or frustrated.

Plus, having players stick around means handing out more Irridescent Shards for players to buy cosmetics with instead of real money.

Invest money into making more money, or invest money into giving players more cosmetics for free? Hmm...

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Noone with a healthy mind will buy cosmetics for a killer just to look good while getting bullied by bugs. Noone is going to spend money for DLCs if he knows he's going to deal majority of his time with long lobby Qs, Infinite loading screens and restarting DbD.

You have a logical falsely, fixing stuff will indeed generate money, it's just indirect and not trackable.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Weird, but in all other games its always the way to build a solid foundation and then they rely on ingame purchases in the store or additional DLCs.

I dont know why DBD is different, but I guess BHVR is just too slow, so they can only do the DLCS