The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Every killer should run NOED until gen rushing is actually addressed

Maximus7
Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

Fite me

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Sure ;)

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Just play Billy and Nurse all time, more fun as a killer than relying on an Endgame. Never saw noed appealing to use. Yes, strong. But not fun for me.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited April 2019

I don't need NOED. So few games get to the end game unless I'm running end game builds.

Gen rush is not a thing. Gens are what survivors have to do. If gen rush is real, then hook rush is too, especially for Billy and Nurse. Get better at pressuring the gens. Don't chase one survivor too long. Herd them by focusing on gens they have started, then changing it up. Don't be predictable.

NOED never works in my groups. 600 BP per pop, I hit totems when I play survivor. Can't tell you the last time NOED actually popped. Wasted perk slot.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

At this point, even as those two you need something to slow the game down or force them to do totems. Gen rushing has gotten that bad.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Delfador Is right folks, we need to have everyone stop playing just the "viable" killers and play whoever they like. (Just don't use NOED either.) Then when BHVR checks the stats and sees such a large number of escapes they'll take action.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I tried that too and hide somewhere on the map, bit then the ochidos wannabes come, blind you and tbagging in front of you.

Only freddy can rlly hide

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

This is exactly what we should be doing. Take away these plaster fixes of perks and show the real problem. It's going to suck having gens go in 5 mins or less but at least it shows a message.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

No thanks, i don't like post-Generator Perks.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2019

Its hard to address genrushing when killers has addons to apply pressure . The real problem is that it feels too crutchy to use addons

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

@DudeDelicious

Completely agree there comes a time when you just gotta protect them gens, with 1 gen left and 3+ survivors I don't chase unless they try looping the gen literally lol, really boring gameplay but it's effective

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

So if they address the gen rush issue... does that mean they can delete noed?

seems like a weird comparison to me

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I am not going to use that trash perk.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Agreed. I mentioned the idea with the devs at pax but I have no idea if that even matters. I hope they add something though.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

I RARELY go against a killer who DOESNT have noed, and I'm built, aggressive and patient enough to deal with it. I think only swf morons and boosted survivors complain about noed. I say leave it as it is and don't complain about gen rushing, complain about the maps being super large for many killers, totem spawns being predictable, and don't forget to git gud while you're at it.

Happy not hitting smart survivors with noed :)

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

@DudeDelicious I've seen huntresses in maps that are of disadvantage to them get 4ks playing like this. Probably had whispers but doesn't matter, they were patrolling gens and keeping people in unsafe areas where possible, making survivors waste good palettes then bugging off to keep that pressure going. Freaking love when I see a smart huntress.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They'd probably end up nerfing NOED then.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Ruin and noed are overrated, I’d rather have four perks the whole game.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

I mean, it's stupid when you say it out loud: the maps are the same size and the number of generators to complete and the time to complete them is the same regardless of what killer is chosen, but some killers literally have the ability to travel twice as fast as others, and in the case of Billy, even have an insta-down while moving twice as fast.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

There is no genrushing, just killer mains complaining that the game isnt easy enough for them.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

You keep using the term "gen rush". Wth are survivors supposed to be doing? Should they line up and take turns being chased and hooked before touching a gen? Should they run around the map once before starting one? They have one job, do gens. It is not an intentional activity to rush the gens. They want to survive they better hit gens and get them done. That is the only thing they have.

Problem is, too many killers try to pressure the whole field, but can't pick 3 to 5 gens and keep them under pressure. Don't get pulled off in a useless direction in a chase. You slow the game down this way.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I don't waste perk slots on Hex totems.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Just about every killer does run Noed anyway. So it'll be business as usual.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Every Killer should run noed until survivors surviving is addressed. (Because i don't know how to apply pressure on the map and probably only chase one person for extended periods of time).

Fite me

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Most killers run it anymore anyway. So what will running noed accomplish exactly? The only change would be people will cleanse totems and any not obvious hex will become useless.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

see, this yo. If survivors would just do totems, even just the ones you pass by instead of searching for them, people wouldn’t complain about noed so much.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

I don’t wanna.

Me no like totems.

• Billhilly
    Billhilly Member Posts: 34

I also stand at the exit gate, so they cannot open it

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited April 2019

I wouldn't necessarily call it generator rush it's just everything else has gotten changed to a point where either getting chased or doing generators are the only fun options. Of course only one survivor can be chased at a time so that leaves generators.

What survivors need is a optional secondary objective that benefits them and keeps them moving around the map exposing them and buying time for the killer. Of course that is unlikely to happen because you know how Totems were shoehorned in because maps weren't designed with them in mind. Also a true secondary objective would have to be so appealing for survivors to choose doing that over just not finishing the generators so I'd be impressed if anyone would have a solution to that. Why do optional objectives when I can just finish generators and leave?

Although imagine BHVR trying to add a reasonable objective in the game as it currently stands. imo the only one that is decent is the Jigsaw boxes. Reverse Bear Traps can also act as an artificial time limit for the game and pose a small risk to survivors once gates are powered. Pretty much two things this game could benefit from is in Pig's base kit.

Either way tl;dr - I can only imagine an addition of a good objective solving the gen rush but at the same time with the way the game is built I don't see one being possible to add.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126

that term shouldnt really exist

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

I stopped using NoED ages ago and can't say i really miss it.

It's over rated as a perk, that being said survivors have this stupid thing of I MUST TRY AND UNHOOK THAT PERSON WITH A NOED KILLER NEXT TO HIM.

1 kill turns into 4 because survivors work under a hive mind with a collective IQ of an amoeba.

"Omg noob uses NoED"

"UBAD Killr" etc etc.

Brutal Strength is my current favourite perk, chewing through pallets is so satisfying.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I don't see noed like some are suggesting. Its been about 20+ games since the last one.