The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Searching something to replace DBD

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Hi guys,

Last days i've posted a message that i leaved DBD because of poor optimisation, no solutions added to genrush, bad new perks like MoM and a total absence of communication about Legion, Freddy and all mid tiers killers for some buffs or reworks...

I will continue to ignore this game if devs aren't making something to the game which is totally a mess to play when you are high ranked. Someone said into my last message that the game is truly fun when you are casual but if you continue to play and try to be a great skilled player, there is not a lot of possibilities than to play the nurse...

Anyway, today i'm asking you about new games that are fun to farm and to grind on like DbD.

Please forget Ubisoft's game like the Division, i don't like them ;)

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Warframe is F2P and has a ton of farming. The farming is too intense for my liking, which is why I quit, but it can be fun with friends.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

It may sound cliche, but I’ve been super into GTA 5 RP.

It’s silly, funny, and so relaxing. There’s a lot of opportunity for stuff to do. I’ve put over 100 hours into it the past 2 weeks.

I have played maybe 40 hours of DBD this year.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I wish left 4 dead 2 had something to grind for...

• Emhyr

GTA is not my kind of game... :/

And i've tryied Warframe and i didn't like it like you @Orion

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Hmm. Just find something you enjoy. So many people in this community are blindly addicted to this game. Which I understand, I was there too. It just took Legion to be the final straw for me.

Borderlands GOTY Enhanced is available now? If you have the original it was free too.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

If you like Star Wars then Battlefront is your perfect game, I've been playing since beta days and it's incredible how much It has improved, it's now around 20€ on psn and all DLCs are free.

Im gonna stay full time playing that game if I dont see changes on this one...

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

I can always suggest dark souls 1, it's an amazing game. All my friends + me came from dark souls to DbD and enjoyed both games a lot. So, this could apply to you aswell.

Disclaimer: it's an extremely difficult game, and at some points it can be very frustrating. But you will never have the feeling that the game is unfair or that you died due to a bug (looking at you DbD), you always know it's your fault cuz you did mistakes. Have fun with it.

• Orion

Y'know, except when you die due to bugs (every game has them, not just DbD) and enemies that cannot be seen nor heard nor anticipated in any way.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 459

There's Payday 2 if you want to grind your days away.

• DwightsLifeMatters

Example?

Also, a remastered version came out recently. Bugs could be fixed there but idk. Haven't played remastered yet.

• Orion

To be fair, I've only played DS3, but there are always enemies you can't see nor hear nor anticipate. They're around corners, hanging on walls, etc., and don't make any noise whatsoever.

• Emhyr

Dark Souls are not my games too xD I tryied Bloddborne which is already hard and I don't have the patience to play it !

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Orion @DwightsLifeMatters That's the whole premise of dark souls though, you have to be quick enough to react to enemies.

Nioh has the same thing and I still didn't play Sekiro it might have the same gameplay.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited April 2019

@Emhyr Since I have no idea what platform, specs, or interests you have my two suggestions would either be Stardew Valley or The Elder Scrolls Online. Both games have a decent grind and should be able to run on almost any system.

If you want a game with a grind as large as DBD's grind though allow me to suggest Fallout 76. It's got a bunch of bugs, balancing, issues and an in-game cash shop just like DBD so if the first two don't work out you'll always have option three. Just make sure that your PC platform can handle FO76 before you buy it as refunds aren't easy to get there.

• Orion

Listen, I like Dark Souls (at least DS3), but you have to admit that some BS is just too much. I can't react to something I don't know is even there to begin with. Imagine if the Wraith was 100% invisible, didn't disturb grass nor crows, allowed you to walk through him, didn't have any audio cues, and could attack you while invisible. Would you just say "Well, you gotta be quick enough to react to the Wraith"?

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Civ 5 ftw

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

@DwightsLifeMatters I have to ask, have you remembered to praise the sun today? ;) lol

In all seriousness though, I glitched through the ground before in DS1 and got stuck in a corner once or twice over my play throughs. They're not completely free of bugs that won't lead to unfair deaths but they are not as common as...some other games...

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Right now I've been into the Division 1 a good bit. I missed the whole hype train on that... and just got it maybe 1 month ago or less.

Got it for 10 bucks. It's fantastic. I also just got the Division 2, and it's great so far. I've been playing Monster Energy Supercross 2 also.

I play on PS4. It's pretty fun, and I've only played DbD maybe 2 hours or a little more since Ash released, and just 10 hours in the last 2 weeks.

After playing the game maybe 15 hours per week for a year or so lol... it was all I played basically.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

This thread should be in Off Topic...

But I've heard Civilization is good.

• xility
    xility Member Posts: 45

Valkyria Chronicles 4!!! + Days Gone (coming out in 2 weeks)

• xility
    xility Member Posts: 45

Likewise!

• Arabytes
    Arabytes Member Posts: 52

Have you tried Don't Starve Together? It's a survival cartoonish game that can be coop or solo. It has a lot o customization on consoles and the steam offers a lot of funny mods. There's even a mod for dbd :

My only issue with this is WX-78 not being the doctor but to be fair, Wilson also fit well the character.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Monopoly has more potential than this game.

• DwightsLifeMatters

Tbf tho, ds3 is probably the weakest part of the souls series. Maybe better than ds2, but ds2 doesn't exist for me (for reasons). I really suggest to play ds1, you will be mind blown how much better it is. A masterpiece imo and the best part of the souls series.

• DwightsLifeMatters

Yeah I know what you mean, happens sometimes if you backstab/riposte on stairs. On high level pvp, you could bait that on your opponent to win lol. Oh man, Ioved pvp. Sadly, the devs killed the community with Introducing remastered.

But yeah, no game is bug free. Some bug/glitches are against you, some you can use against the game. However, the bugs against you in DS1 are nowhere near to other game titles. At least I haven't encountered much.

• Emhyr

Ok guys, thanks for your propositions !

I will go on Divinity Original Sin 2 and Anno 1800 until the release of my most loved type of game : Lovecraftian horror games.

This summer, The sinking city will be release and i wait this game so much !

The Souls aren't my type of games, i'm not patient as it needs to be fun for me :)

• Emhyr
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I am having a blast with Risk of Rain 2.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

So you left the game because you didn't liked the graphics and you couldn't make the survivors not to do their objective?

• ThePaleKing_
    ThePaleKing_ Member Posts: 77

Take a break bud. Sounds like the best thing for you. If you take this game too serious it's just not fun on either side.

• Emhyr

At the actual state of the game, survivors can genrush a game in 5 minutes. It's not on my killer skill we are talking about but on a true problem at high ranks we can encouters so easily.

Just to answer you, i haven't talked about the graphics once. stop talking in my place ;)

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2019

This should of went in off topic part of the forum but attention seekers got to seek.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Try deceit

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Destiny 2 is a fun game, I gave it up a while ago for this game, and Rainbow Six Siege, you can grind Rainbow for ranks, cards and Renown.