The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rework on generators

regardless if the game is getting more balanced with all the survivors nerfs, the fact is that is getting less fun to play as survivor, most people say tha trials can be done in 5 mins if your team do gens but lets face it where is the fun in that.

there where several trials where i were never chased, i only worked on generators and it is so boring even more with everybody using ruin now.

so i think stead of making the repair time longer to balance the game they should change the repair mechanics, the idea i came with is that you would have to pick parts around the map to install on generators, this way you wouldnt have to just stay the entire game standing on a gen if you are not chased, each gen would take around 4-5 parts to be completed and the parts would be around the maps like chests that you need to search to get the part but they would appear in a lot more numbers, they need put enough parts to repair all the 7 generators in the game even if you are going to repair only five, this way the killer wont camp a gen becouse there was already a part installed on it.

soo what do you guys think?

even if you dont agree with the idea i came up of rework do you also think we need a rework on repair mechanics?

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Rework ruin but make gens harder at base

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So like gas and keys in F13. I'd rather them address gen speeds or secondary objectives that arent almost the exact same as the game I dont play in favor of this one...

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Carpemortum

And the battery

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

It would be fun but a huge ass blockade to any progress in the game, slows it down tremendously and creates bugs.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited April 2019

Killers would just camp the first survivor hooked out of the game though, as now the survivors can no longer bang out gens to punish them. Can’t do anything like this without addressing that aspect too. I think both sides need something additional to do, that’s how you extend the game, not just adding to one side.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Increase base repair speed for generators but let survivors find and collect parts that'll boost repair speed greatly. Generator regression when damaged by the killer should be more effective against generators without parts and lose its efficiency as more parts are installed.

Any generator can still be repaired without any parts but the overall time is greatly increased.

• thediniz
    thediniz Member Posts: 24

Its not like it needs to take longer for the genarator to be done, its just that ot will be no longer just siting down on a single place but if the killer camps you would still be able to rush gens

I see your point though but with enough thinking we could find a way to make it work for both sides

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

@AshleyWB excuse me, what? Ruin is such a bad perk it hurts, just like noed. You can literally have 0 skillchecks for entire gen (happened many times to me) or just hit grates. If you can't, just hit goods, stop for 2-3 seconds and continue repairing.

• Remki
    Remki Member Posts: 24

I'm not really sure about this... 4-5 parts per gen? Ruin can be annoying to deal with, but this is a lot more complicated and doesn't seem like it would help.