Why is there an increase to DCs?

Ive noticed against any killer (viable or not) survivors are either just dcing immediately, or more often than not dcing on their first down. Ive been playing for a year now, and Ive never seen it so frequent (in my past 10 games, there has been 1 in 4 games, 2 in 4 games, 3 in 1 game, no dcs in 1).

Did they change something? Is there no penalty for dc? im confused

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited April 2019

Why? Because they can.

Recently some fogstreamers (officially supported by BHVR) promoted this kind of playstyle and survivors have learned how less is done right now about DCs.

What is my advice about that? Well I will just leave you cote's advice here for you:

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

There is this really annoying bug around that disconnects you for no reason.

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

that and also there is bug where you forces out of the match. I had it happen to me a couple of times. I would have green or yellow ping and it would still “lagged” me out.

I heard of other people having this problem too

• somewherenear
    somewherenear Member Posts: 35

I have the lag out issue once every 15 games, I dont mind if I start with 3 survivors 4 gens to do. But its pretty annoying how many people suicide/dc on first hook leaving me with 5 when I actually want to play the game.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2019

People are bored, fed up with loading screen, fed up with 3,2,1vs1, bored of babies with NOED and unbalanced addons/nurse. Now after they made ranking harder some people care even less if they depip. Oh and there's also random D/C bug when people just vanish and D/C when doing random #########.

I'm curious why killers don't D/C that often? They say it's so frustating to play this role.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I see a lot of DCs from SWF groups where one person crashed during the loading screen so the rest just DC so they can make a new lobby.