Survivor's keep DC'ing? (Host Issue?)

Hello all,

I bought dead by daylight about a week ago. I have been playing trapper since then. I've noticed since I got the game, survivors often disconnect right before I put them on a hook or right before they get downed.

I know as the killer I am the host, and have tried googling about the problem, but have not been able to find a solution. I have disabled my firewall in case that was causing any problems and opened up the following ports: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP). I was told these are the main ports for gaming.

Despite all my changes, survivor's still often DC when downed or about to be hooked. Those are the only two consistencies. I thought my hook animation might be faulty but all file integrity checks have come back positive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I get almost no points when someone DC's - no hooks, no sac, etc. - and it is really ruining my experience.

I have temporarily switched to survivor until I can find a solution for this problem.

I've attached a link to my speedtest, everything came back fine: https://imgur.com/a/DK0Q2bL

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!

Sincerely,

MystiKasT

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

There are a couple DC bugs running around, but if your Survivors are consistantly DCing right as you down or hook them, it's just salty crybabies exiting the match because it isn't going their way.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

If you down them and they DC before you can get them on a hook, it's just a entitled survivor doing their thing.

There's a DC epidemic going on and the developers are too afraid to do anything about it since its basically only survivors doing it.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289

It is exclusively when they are downed / about to be hooked. They haven't DC'd any other time, which makes me think its tied to the downing/hook animation.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
  • MystiKasT

If so, that is pretty messed up. I am losing a ton of points on it. I even had one game where all 3 DC'd once they were downed (2-3 minutes apart, all hit traps w/ stone) and the 4th just jumped in hatch right away. I almost lost a pip because of how few points I got.

Why is BE tolerating this behavior, if this is indeed the case?

• FreyatheKind
    FreyatheKind Member Posts: 90

Dedicated servers come out this summer, hopefully both the bugs and the intential disconnects will have some form of a solution by then.

Welcome to Dead by Daylight!! Just hang in there, cause the game can be quite fun.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

In the past BHVR had instituted a penalty system for excessive DC's, and it operated in waves softbaning frequent DC'ers for 24hr at first, and could escalate to a permanent ban. Recently however, the system they have for punishing excessive DC's has either been shut down, is bugged, or is temporarily offline until the few bugs that can cause DC's are fixed. This is unfortunate for all of us, because due to the lack of consequences, the frequency of DC's has reached the highest it's ever been in just the past 3 months. There have been multiple discussions, suggestions and complaints on these forums and reddit, but the Devs haven't given any responses yet as to how or when they plan to take action against this problem, or even what the plan may be. Honestly, this being allowed to run wild is KILLING the game, and if nothing is done about it soon... we are going to lose much of the player base because no one is able to have fun anymore. Who would want to keep playing a game where the toxic players ditch out for petty an juvenile reasons instead of finishing a match?

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@FreyatheKind Why should only dedicated servers bring a solution to intended dc's? The devs already know who is dc'ing and how often.

• FreyatheKind
    FreyatheKind Member Posts: 90

Theres a lot more potential with dedicated servers, potential that could help a lot with unintentional disconnects as well as intentional.

• MystiKasT

thank you all for your help, seems the problem is not on my end