The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers shouldn't camp or tunnel it is a scumbag move

KillermainBTWm8
KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Killers should not tunnel or camp someone when it is the first person they have hooked. Unless a survivor was being toxic or you need to camp to secure a kill because like 4 gens have been done and it is your first hook then it is okay to tunnel and camp in my opinion. But do not be a scumbag and literally camp someone on their first hook when 5 gens are left. It isn't fun for anyone involved and although you might say well why should I make it fun for the survivors that isn't my job. Well think if you were the survivor would you enjoy being camped most likely not. Plus it can also do things like depip the survivor. Plus the tactic as killer of camping does not work most the times survivors have the common sense to do gens instead of give in to the camper. It just ruins the experience for one or two people per game.

Post edited by KillermainBTWm8 on

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Desperate for the kill

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

You idiots look at his name, this is bait

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Just wait a few weeks for the new emblem system to come.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you still trying to bait?

it aint working if you post two posts right after each other...

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

New DS and borrowed time. Chill darling.

Oh it's bait.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Don't you tunnel generators?

Am I supposed to believe you finish the gen up to 30%, then move to an unfinished one?

• KillermainBTWm8

you can't compare tunneling and camping to doing gens, doing gens helps you complete the objective meanwhile camping/tunneling can be punished by survivors you just screw over 1 or 2 unlucky survivors

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

So

So shouldn't we complain about genrush? There is no counter to it, while camping can be punished.

• KillermainBTWm8

You are right about that I will admit the only counter is ruin and ruin can be easily dealt with, because people either get great skill checks or ruin gets found in 10 seconds. Perhaps the new perk coming with the plague might help a little but probs not. The only way to get a kill sometimes when genrushed may be to camp/tunnel so I understand that.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Doing gens helps survivors complete their objective.

Tunneling helps killers complete their objective (camping too if survivors are stupid)

I dont see a difference

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

All I want is to kill those little vermin infecting the Fog. I don't give a toss whether you're having fun or not. That's up to you.

• KillermainBTWm8

So you're saying you wouldn't care if survivors brought a 4 man swf with the sole purpose to gen rush and run you around for the entire match, getting looped for 5 gens. Then you complain about that because it isn't fun for you but they don't care if you're having fun or not

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

You won't see me complaining. If both groups do their best, killer can be very hard, but that's the way it must be to maintain a healthy survivor/killer ratio, so I see no point in crying about it. Also, I never said survivors are supposed to make the game "fun" for me. They just have to learn to find fun in dying. That's what they're there for.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Then survivors shouldn’t stalk killers for flashlight saves, click them repeatedly, or tea bag.

Honestly man, some of you are just asking us to face camp you.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

To everyone who says there's no counter to gen rushing. That's what NOED is for.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

If you stop playing SWF, then I will stop camping and tunneling.

Is that a deal?

• KillermainBTWm8

I play both survivor and killer usually solo as survivor if I wanna play with friends I play kyf usually

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

Is bodyblocking the hook considered toxic or just inconvenient?

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I wouldn't camp anyone, but if a certain survivor tbaggs me and spams flashlight I'll make sure to tunnel him and get rid of him first.

Honestly it feels way better to kill that one as*hole than to get a 4k.

• KillermainBTWm8

I think you all missed the part where I said if a survivor does anything toxic/ taunting then camp the living sh** outta of them

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I only camp the first survivor before any generator is done when I see the rest of the survivors coming for a save and just stay around instead of doing gens. Its a free sacrifice!

We killers don't have that "emphathy?" thing for the prey on the hook.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    edited March 2019

I think the point that you are missing is that the majority of survivors who get camped had it coming.

Yes, there are killers who will camp and tunnel just because they can, but you have to evolve your strategy around this. If you have a face camper, burn through gens and prepare to leave. If all they have is one kill, well bravo for them, everyone else gets out. Why waste your time and hover around a hook? You are asking to die.

Getting tunneled? Don’t make poor saves. Dont lunge in and pull a survivor off of a hook when the killer is barely ten feet away, wait for the killer to LEAVE. Most survivors do stupid things, both rescuer and victim. Healing under a hook? When you pull someone off, where do you think we will check first? You guessed it, the hook!

Play smart. Coming in here and saying that we are all campers and tunnelers is nothing more then troll bait or the need to feed your desire to argue. You are going to get ######### killers, just as we get ######### survivors. Telling people to change their tactics, which are perfectly legal, because you don’t like it will get you absolutely NOWHERE.

• KillermainBTWm8

When did I say that all killers were campers and tunnelers? And plus saying that I am saying that all killers are campers and tunnelers yet the majority of people seem to assume that all survivors are teabagging scumbags with a flashlight.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

well if team is hook rushing, why shouldn't I camp? the time they spend trying to rescue is time they aren't fixing gens

• KillermainBTWm8

If they hook rush that is a different story, then you should camp as they are being overly altruistic

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

What if I don't have a problem with any of these? they're things that are in the game.

• Apoch
    Apoch Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2019

I'm the only Killer I can trust not to use cheese tactics because I'm a good person who wants everyone to enjoy the game.

Catch and release, wash, rinse and repeat.

Spoiler alert: Not everyone in this world is a good person.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Its the killer's job to oppress and kill you, at no point do i expect them to humor me with more chances than I earn.

Please mister killer sir, may I have some more chances? Lol 😂

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Well the killer isn't responsible for the survivors fun, the games not framed that way its framed to be competitive. Kill your friends is the game mode where people get to actually play in non serious ways. However camping when 5 gens is done is a horrible strategy and I agree its not super fun for either side... well I guess their are some people who find it fun but their are always outliners to every statistic x.x Lots of times however you have survivors who are far too dedicated to removing some one off the hook. I have been accused of camping at times... when all 3 survivors were buzzing around me like flys. Not always the killers fault just tossing that out there.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Ever had a camper get a 4K in your game, when he got one person right away? Now that's really funny. I ask myself "How could we let that happen?" "Why did we feed his stupid tactic?"

As for camping after all gens are done: This is just trying to get at least one or maybe two kills. Or you want to make 4 man escape for the SV not as easy. This can result into some funny snowball shows.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

"Plus the tactic as killer of camping does not work most the times survivors have the common sense to do gens instead of give in to the camper."

This is the only line that matters. If a strategy works then you should do it end of story. It is on your opponents to make sure that any annoying or cheesy strategy's you come up with don't work and it is on the devs to make sure that none of these strategy's are unbeatable even with optimal counterplay

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Sorry i don't follow your made up rules.

You play how you wanna play and could not give 2 shits about my enjoyment so why should i care about yours?

If i choose to camp/tunnel and actually get kills from it that's on your team not the killer, the survivors control the game, it's a numbers game.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@KillermainBTWm8 Survivors shouldn't spam flashlights and constantly teabag behind pallets, it's a scumbag move.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Why is it allowed to create a trollaccount to open one baitthread after another?

• deathsia
    deathsia Member Posts: 250

As long as you don't pallet loop exploit me, I won't tunnel you or camp your hook.

Sooo... are you going to stop using the pallet loop exploit? Which btw is the sign of an unskilled player as a truly skilled playing can lose a killer without it.

inb4 some ignorant moron says: "It's not an exploit!" and then this thread turns into me attempting to educate them while they ignore every word I say.

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

I mainly play survivor, and man I could not agree more.

If I see a team mate exploiting/cheating/botting/afk I hope the killer camps and tunnel them.

I personally wont pallet loop exploit, I wont bring a flashlight into a game (if a chest gives me one I rarely use it), and I wont loop around ridiculous paths there were not intended to be abused. I don't tea bag nor do anything toxic.

I get camped a lot. Typically its because I destroyed a totem (I wont run if I can finish it even if the killer sees me). I also get camped if they know I know where a totem is. I been camped before because I was a bigger threat than the other players (kind of a compliment but still.)

Its not fun, and at times it makes me want to infinite pallet loop next time. What I think a core problem is is that there are different "types" of survivors and killers.

Type A) I win only if I 4k or only if I survive. (Campers/Tunnelers/Sluggers and Genrushers and min/max SWF)

Type B) I win if I enjoyed my game.

Type C) I win if I make other people angry or have a horrible time.

As a survivor I hate playing with players in group A and C. I don't want to be a gen jockey. I wont ignore unhooks/chests/dull totems. If I am the last survivor and the hatch isn't ready yet, I wont hide and force frustration/DC. I will work a gen knowing I will likely get caught. I will save someone even if I could let them die and take the hatch. I play 2-3 SWF. We dont coordinate items nor perks. There is a huge skill gap between me and my friends (they still blow up gens and fail a lot of skill checks).

The problem comes when you start getting too many players from types A/C. Killers who will do anything to ensure they get a 4k. Survivors who wont do anything risky or will hide and let people die to get the hatch. People who want to T-bag, or people who just want to be toxic.

So really comes down to a few things. You cant change people from Type A. You just have to accept they exist. They aren't doing anything "wrong" they just have different goals then you. Type B people tend to be the best to play with, and that is when some of the best after game chat occurs. Type C people need to be dealt with, and I feel that is both the developer's and the community's responsibility. I personally will not reward type C. If they anger me, I wont show it. If they are toxic to the killer, I try to offset it. I will even let the killer catch and kill me if they are being abused by another player. The less drama type C causes, the less they play.

So, in short, don't give into the hostility and don't let it change your play style. Killers: Don't take camping and tunneling as a basic strategy to all players. Reserve it for the toxic players. Survivors: Play the game you are dealt and don't exploit. Don't DC because you got outplayed, and don't intentionally anger the killer.

It is funny tho because you see players who call themselves killers or survivors. Stop being myopic and just consider yourself a DBD player. Stop hating the other half, cause the game would not exist if they did not exist.

• deathsia
    deathsia Member Posts: 250

That.... was an unexpected reply. At first I thought you were being sarcastic due to you bringing up every single main gripe killer mains have. I expected some kind of end of post zinger like: "That's what I would of said if I was noob like you." or something like that but it never came...

Huh, guess there are a few decent survivor mains amongst the toxic asshats.

On another note however, if your in a SWF, you should totally coordinate with them for the best possible escape strat. It's not the killers fault if you guys work together on voice chat to get the job done quickly and escape. :)

Yes its annoying as piss for killers to go up against SWF groups but most of the time killer mains hate them NOT because they work together and escape but because they're often a group of likeminded twats who will troll the killer every chance they get for sheits and giggles and all teabag the killer at the exit gates.

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

I used to work at Blizzard. One thing I learned is you have to look at the "intended" mechanics, and develop the "rule-set" from there. Just because you can do something does not mean that is what you are supposed to do. So that's how I look at it.

You are not "intended" to run around the same spot 1000000x to waste time. If the killer was not supposed to catch you in a pure chase, s/he would not have a speed boost over you. Hence things like infinite loops or infinite paths are not really intended that way.

You are not "intended" to chase the killer. Cause you know, s/he is the killer. Don't aggressively flashlight, was not intended that way.

If you gen rush, your points and emblems are very low. If you do one gen but unhook/save/chase/sabo/totems you get more BP and Emblems. Clearly that is the goal. (However, as a survivor there are not many objectives. If the killer does not catch or find someone, there is not much to do...

If you were supposed to be able to communicate negatively to the killer, there would be an emote or chat option such as the "come here" or "over there". Tea bagging is implied through crouching/standing. Its silly. Its like people in WoW who spent hours learning how to insult the opposite faction. If it was intended, you would be able to communicate directly.

On that note, you have things like BBQ and Chili that really does say "HEY DONT CAMP!" Tunneling is a little harder to justify both ways because the game does have perks saying "tunnel", but if you do you ruin the experience for another player. And intentionally giving a player a bad experience like that is bad, it could drive down player base.

I mean, perks like Borrowed Time really do say don't camp, people are supposed to be saved. Make your choice/Devour Hope/ Territorial Imperative literally tells you dont be near the hook. So the game is really really really trying to tell people don't camp.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Survivors have the means to avoid being camped and tunnel: When you get hooked just try to get yourself out of the hook, fail and let yourself get sacrificed without struggling. That way the killer will get away from the hook and won't chase you again.