We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

How has/does dbd help you in real life?

AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Maybe you're a really angry person naturally and dbd helps you to manage your anger.

Maybe dbd has taught you to never take anything for granted and are more thankful for basic things irl

Video games can be really beneficial to players let me know about dbd in particular.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

If you see a serial killer irl you better know how to loop. If that fails theres no dcing

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Probably keeps me from committing murder

Just kidding, DBD helps me to not be bored and to forget about my crippling depression

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

When ever I want to suffer, playing killer helps. Yeah, doesn't really translate to actual relief. Does help take my mind off things sometimes (:

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Acesthetiic

Same...same...

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

It lets me flex on my friends bc I can say I'm amazing and even though I'm above-average at best they wont be able to tell.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Let's just say Dbd came into my life when I was at my lowest. I was suicidal and just overall depressed. I don't know how, but this game helped...save me somehow, and I'll always thank BHVR for that

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yes, It taught me that you should never care about others opinions.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Dbd tough me how to safely and efficiently disarm bear traps.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,020

Laughter when trapper steps in his traps

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

It has taught me that rubbing someone's back will cure them from getting stabbed, cut (just as much as doing it with a chainsaw), clubbed and penetrated with a meat hook or bear trap. The only exception being from getting puked on by a sack of rotting flesh.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Help?

Lol

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

Well, thanks to all the survivors who seem to be struck with uncontrollable diarrhea anytime they accomplish even the simplest of tasks like throwing down a pallet, standing on a hill, staring longingly at an open door, etc, etc...I've learned to not be afraid of any medication that's side effects include complete renal failure.

Yes. Thanks to DbD, I might have explosive diarrhea...but I'm no longer clinically depressed about it. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’©

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@AshleyWB

I just see someone in their home on the phone with the cops while some murderer chases with a knife: "yes officer...PANT PANT...hes...chasing me....around my kitchen table....PANT....but I got practice....I can loop him for a while til you get here..."

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

I mean honestly it just helps me from being bored especially when I play it with the few friends I have. Otherwise it sometimes gives me anxiety so it can actually do more harm then good, but I still love the game.❀️

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited April 2019

Just DC from life when life hits you because I see a lot of survivors do just that.

Wait, life doesn't have a DC button? Crap!

(Just kidding, I don't DC but the amount of salt in DBD actually made me laugh and no, I don't purposefully try to make people mad)

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@AshleyWB To be honest, nothing really. Video games are just something I do here and there in the evenings. No special reason or catharsis for me. Just basic entertainment value.

Well . . . maybe not entirely accurate. If I'm in DbD, then I'm not currently playing the often-times rage-inducing Overwatch, because I keep getting potatoes for random teammates that can't aim worth a damn, yet insist on picking one of the snipers like Hanzo or Widowmaker. Or even worse: trying to heal as Ana.

So, I guess there's that.

@Nickenzie, technically speaking, life does have a DC button. But it's a one-time use, and I would strongly recommend against ever using it.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2019

Thanks to DbD i can hear the most minute sounds, especially rustling grass and footsteps, from the dozens of yards away. My kid hates it.

• ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190

Kinda didn't like every addiction. I replaced APB with DBD. That's like going from coke to heroine.

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280

The only thing that DBD has taught me is that will always be plenty of people out there who take full advantage of the fact that they can vomit whatever vitriol they want with zero repercussions. The sad reality is that the majority are actually full grown "adults".

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

It taught me to always carry a Pallet or two while in the forest.

• Prince
    Prince Member Posts: 1

Dead by Daylight has taught me that regardless of one’s own potential or skill there will always be others that will either try to undermine you, or screw you over the moment things get hard.