Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

HOW LONG SHOULD WE WAIT

aozora
aozora Member Posts: 1
I'm Japanese. So sorry for bad English.

I am amazed by delaying updates.
No one think "Sony's judge need long times..."??
Why did you hand out the update for sony along with update PC ver?

Plz explain legitimate  reasons!

Comments

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    They did. The PlayStation patch just failed certification. Twice.
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    How do you know it failed twice? Don't get me wrong, I can believe it, just wondering on your source. 

My worry is that it failed and they decided to add in the double BP stuff out of fear it wouldn't certify in time for the event, thus causing the whole process of certification over at the beginning after X number of days had already passed.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    waiting builds character
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Lowbei said:
    waiting builds character

I'm good on character building. Now i just need 2.0 btw congrats on getting out of jail. Did you have to roll double or pay the $50?

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

Console updates have to be paid for by developers and need to be internally tested by sony/microsoft. That's why consoles get only very rare patches and PC can just patch literally every day if they want to. All the devs did was sent the patch to Sony at the same time they sent the patch to Steam. Other devs just hold the PC patch back until Sony gets their ######### together. shrug
    That's just what you get for tying yourself to a company like that with Sony/Microsoft.

• unclevincent
    unclevincent Member Posts: 40

@SovererignKing said:

How do you know??

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

@SovererignKing said:

How do you know??

Have my sources, I’ll just leave it at that. Xbox wasn’t the only one who had frame rate issues thanks to the patch. “Bundling” (a bug where Survivors would load in and couldn’t move) was already an issue before as well, the patch... yeah... not to mention folks just not loading into the match. Oy vay... 
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    cTrix said:

Console updates have to be paid for by developers and need to be internally tested by sony/microsoft. That's why consoles get only very rare patches and PC can just patch literally every day if they want to. All the devs did was sent the patch to Sony at the same time they sent the patch to Steam. Other devs just hold the PC patch back until Sony gets their ######### together. shrug
    That's just what you get for tying yourself to a company like that with Sony/Microsoft.

I thought they got rid of making them pay for updates years ago because of indie devs and other small teams who wouldn’t be able to afford it?Also consoles get patches regularly have you played on a console? This wait isn’t all on sony and the bhvr isn’t innocent in this. You don’t seem very credible at all
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@aozora said:
    I'm Japanese. So sorry for bad English.

I am amazed by delaying updates.
    No one think "Sony's judge need long times..."??
    Why did you hand out the update for sony along with update PC ver?

Plz explain legitimate  reasons!

Why are you even waiting? Just do something else till the update is shipped by sony lol

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

the devs for this game are garbage make no mistake.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Patches are free but if you repeatedly fail certification then you need to pay up.
  • ThePloopz
    Patches are free but if you repeatedly fail certification then you need to pay up.
    Ooh that’d be understandable though 
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

It can't be no later than next week surely :/

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@BoxingRouge said:

Exactly What was said last week

• BoxingRouge

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

Yup

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@BoxingRouge said:

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

Yup

Yet July 3rd still hasn't hit yet so that means that patch still has 1 day from the official estimate left and tomorrow is Son'y update day.

• BoxingRouge
    edited July 2018

@powerbats said:

@BoxingRouge said:

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

Yup

Yet July 3rd still hasn't hit yet so that means that patch still has 1 day from the official estimate left and tomorrow is Son'y update day.

True but a majority of people think that we're not getting the patch this week because Sony hasn't listed DBD in any of it's releases for the week ahead. > https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07/02/this-weeks-playstation-store-highlights-defiance-2050-the-walker-and-more/

• Ivy
    Ivy Member Posts: 15
    Sadness, not surprised however. They’re probably gonna scoot it under the rug tbh
  • Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

@SovererignKing said:
    unclevincent said:

@SovererignKing said:

How do you know??

Have my sources, I’ll just leave it at that. Xbox wasn’t the only one who had frame rate issues thanks to the patch. “Bundling” (a bug where Survivors would load in and couldn’t move) was already an issue before as well, the patch... yeah... not to mention folks just not loading into the match. Oy vay... 

That means nothing. State the sources and give evidence or I call bs.

• crazycenobite
    crazycenobite Member Posts: 46
    Everyone call the devs ######### blah blah blah bet your all on the second the patch comes out
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited July 2018

@BoxingRouge said:

@powerbats said:

@BoxingRouge said:

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

Yup

True but a majority of people think that we're not getting the patch this week because Sony hasn't listed DBD in any of it's releases for the week ahead. > https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07/02/this-weeks-playstation-store-highlights-defiance-2050-the-walker-and-more/

While the majority think one thing it doesn't make it true and just because it isn't listed doesn't mean it won't come. I mean look at the majorities that thought the world would end on a certain date etc. The patch could still hit tomorrow

Besides most of that is new releases and there's only 1 DLC post in there and there's probably countless others. You also have to take into consideration that the post you linked was for EU which is a day ahead of us timewise. We've yet to see anything from NA Sony posting about it still.

Also just to point out how silly this is, there's a poster on tehre claiming it's already been 4 weeks and no patch, it hasn't. The 3rd which is tomorrow will be 3 weeks since pc got it not 4 but PS4 users are posting stuff completely not true.

• bortami
    bortami Member Posts: 91
    What the literal #########.
  • Lowbei
    you will wait patiently. be quiet.
  • Jack11803

@Lowbei said:

They’ll do neither. Because they literally haven’t. It’s a fact

• Lowbei
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

thats ok. its entertaining :)
  • Jack11803

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

It must continue, we must be compensated. A hobo like me will insight a riot just for a cheap give away

• Lowbei
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

It must continue, we must be compensated. A hobo like me will insight a riot just for a cheap give away

you will get nothing. be patient and wait for your 3rd party shitbox to get an update.
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

Yeah watching these forums has become my go to when I'm bored just chillin', not for updates, I know I'm not getting one of those, not one of substance anyway but just to watch the crazy theories and convos people have because of the wait. :) 
  • Jack11803

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

you will get nothing. be patient and wait for your 3rd party shitbox to get an update.

I’ll try, and I’ll keep trying. Only reasons humans have ever advanced was greed. I thought you’d know that being “the PC masterace”

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Noone was given a rollout date, so technically they will never be late. The only thing I remember seeing was a July 29th (I think that was the date announced) rollout for the new Shrine. I could even be wrong about that. Unless someone at BHVR announced "On X day, you will have your update." there should be no expectation of a day for release.

You can sit here and say "But in other cases", "Normally in this situation", and pick your other feelgood phrase, but unless the Developers themselves, or one of their agents, states it's coming out on a specific date, it is not late. "Coming Soon" could mean anything from 6 seconds to 6 months, maybe even 6 years. People are doing nothing but speculating about this or that when the fact is BHVR never announced a release date for it. People just keep putting words in their mouths and trying to stir the pot for their own amusement.

Go play Civilization until the patch is released. There has to be at least 1 other game on your Playstation that you can play besides Dead by Daylight.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

How long ?
    Long enough.
    /Thread

• ThePloopz
    edited July 2018
    Mringasa said:

Noone was given a rollout date, so technically they will never be late. The only thing I remember seeing was a July 29th (I think that was the date announced) rollout for the new Shrine. I could even be wrong about that. Unless someone at BHVR announced "On X day, you will have your update." there should be no expectation of a day for release.

You can sit here and say "But in other cases", "Normally in this situation", and pick your other feelgood phrase, but unless the Developers themselves, or one of their agents, states it's coming out on a specific date, it is not late. "Coming Soon" could mean anything from 6 seconds to 6 months, maybe even 6 years. People are doing nothing but speculating about this or that when the fact is BHVR never announced a release date for it. People just keep putting words in their mouths and trying to stir the pot for their own amusement.

Go play Civilization until the patch is released. There has to be at least 1 other game on your Playstation that you can play besides Dead by Daylight.

No they didn’t give a date but what they did say is 2, 3 weeks at most. Which implies that it shouldn’t even take 3 weeks. Hell they even announced a date(which was the 29th) for the shrine because they didn’t expect it to take this long and I guarantee you the shrine date they said  was past the time they actually thought it would release. So after 3 weeks it’s late. What they told us was a release window and once we’re past that window the patch is late. Also civilization isn’t on console
  • Jack11803
    edited July 2018

@Runiver said:
    How long ?
    Long enough.
    /Thread

YOU’RE TEARING ME APART!