The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game is going to die soon

Unless the devs do something about this terrible matchmaking and pip/emblem system this game will die. If they fix the matchmaking, roll in dedicated servers and keep bringing in new content including making more perks useful and more things to do other then the same rinse and repeat then this games traction can really pick back up. Until/unless they make a second one of course.

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

To pipping anyways.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2019

This is some low quality bait. This game has an average of 10,000 players on pc alone and its probably even higher than that according to steam chart.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175

I mean the player numbers have dropped significantly for PC alone in just February through March...

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Player numbers might dwindle a little bit but nope, no way this game is gonna die soon.

In order to kill this game, there needs to be another game that will compete with DbD and none of the options (Last year, hide or die, F13) even come close.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148

Yes, this is a normal occurrence because there currently is no events or breaks going on right now. Thus the player base will be lower.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216

The player base did stop growing, even with a free weekend. That suggests that the number of players coming in is equal to the number of players leaving.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited April 2019

I feel the same way, I fear the game is dying, the devs need to do something and quick or else we're gonna have to deal with the gloating from the f13 game fanboys

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited April 2019

The devs are working on the matchmaking system, whether it is experimenting with what they now know didn't work. At least we know they are working on it. We just need to be patient.

Will this cause the game to die? If people are still getting in matches and able to play, no it will not die. It might make people take a break.

This game has a lot going for itself, and if they keep adding more exclusive content (Like characters from horror films) it's not going anywhere. It will draw fans of those movies into it.

Just my 2 cents.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019

Thats not actually true if you look at the peak players for Saturday on the free weekend it was just under 34k, the previous saturday was 22k.

Even Mondays 24h peak has been 24k when last Monday was 18k.

It's also currently number 16 in steam global top sellers.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It's also not like there's not a lot of competition for playing time with all the other games that've recently come out or added DLC.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Just checking in to see if it died yet. Still kicking? Pretty good job so far!

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Look, this isn't Dead by Daylight's first rodeo with the "Dark Times," as folks have called it. While the game has taken several steps backward to the point that a few steps forward again might equal a "beta state," it isn't going to die any time soon.

Yes, numbers dropped for last month. But thanks to the current sale going on, numbers have bounced back a little. They bounced back more during the free weekend, but they also didn't contract back down to pre-free weekend levels afterward. They contracted some, but remain above where they were in March, indicating they've brought in some new people.

Will they stay? Who knows. But the game isn't in danger of dying in 2019, and I doubt it for 2020 as well.

And this is coming from one of Behavior's most vocal critics.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

DbD isn't going to die soon. However, dc's, matchmaking and ranking are major issues. I know some people who stopped playing and it would be sad to see more people leave. The thing is, even when things get fixed, it's not safe to say that those players will return to DbD. So the sooner the fixes, the better.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@NoShinyPony As history has shown with games and gamers, the longer Behavior takes to fix these issues, the least likely players who left are likely to return. Now, don't get me wrong. The Vets who poured thousands of hours into the game, probably post here at the forums, and so forth, are likely to come back.

But the average gamer who just plays DbD as one of their games? Doesn't invest enough into it to forum post? Not as likely. As those players are a majority of the player base.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Dbd is the kind of game to have a slow long death but yes If things don't change and the devs don't get better at fixing issues faster it's just going to continue to drive the player base away.

Just look at the past few weeks, There was a Full Chapter, a Licensed DLC Character and a Free weekend but None of that manage to build numbers, Sure there was a higher peak in players from the previous month but lower than what you would expect. Average players percentage is still Dropping and it's the lowest it's been in almost a year.

The Devs are Notoriously slow at fixes Freddy, The Coldwind walls, Loading screen DCs and DS rework to name a few. It needs to change whether that be hiring more staff to tackle the issues or whatever, something needs to be done.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Ok if you say so then it will for sure.

Maybe for people like you who care about pips and rank though. I don't.

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280

You can't use the review chart for reference. Every major dip is when a change comes that survivors don't like so they bomb the game. Happens every nerf, feel free to look for yourself. What you actually want to reference is steam charts.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175

My point exactly, I think if they would actually implement these changes and such sooner or release one big patch where all of these issues are cleared up, fixed, adjusted etc. then it’ll really bring this game back to light. Keeping my hopes up and continuing to play, we’ll see what’s going to happen by the time they bring in dedicated servers.