Huntress > Leatherface > Plague

Seriously.

Why would I play Plague, when I can play Leatherface or Huntress?

Survivors just ignore fountains, which makes me a m1 killer.

Might as well play Wraith in that case.

:)

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Sorry. What?

Do you know how The Plague works OP?

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91

I won’t change your mind because I agree.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

Yeah, she is a 115% M1 killer with an ability to waste her time instead of hitting a survivor.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Trying her out now and she seems week AF.

All of her purges slow her down and the whole corruption/contagion aspect just seem to waste your time as killer for little to no gain. At high ranks, as you will waste that much time trying to get them broken you seem better off M1'ing.

The biggest crime of all is her APPALLING BP gain.

Yeah. Not getting on too well here. :/

• Supernaut

Oh, I personally, would welcome any guide to how to use Plague! :)

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Huntress is better but Leatherface is not. At least Plague isn’t SIGNIFICANTLY slowed down when charging her powet unlike Leatherface. LF chainsaw is only decent out in the open. Having effective add-ons will break a survivor in a second and is basically an insta-down.

• Supernaut

"Having effective add-ons" would make anyone viable. Without them she is trash (and still gets no blood points)

• MegMain98
    edited April 2019

Not all killers have good add-ons though. Most of Leatherface’s add-ons are trash.

She isn’t even a trash killer. She’s arguably on par with Myers. People don’t know how to play her correctly. You can’t just spew the puke and expect it to break a survivor. You gotta be right on their tail. Play her like Hillbilly with Vile Purge (meaning get on their ass and puke on them until it breaks them and you can down them in one shot) and play her like Huntress with Corrupt Purge (because it is a ranged attack and it can down survivors)

She’s obviously not as powerful as Huntress but she is MILES ahead of Leatherface. Leatherface is at the very bottom of the totem pole, at least Plague can actually use her power most of the time. LF’s chainsaw is so trash that most resort to strictly M1 attacks, a little bit boring is you ask me.

However I do agree that she gets barely any BP. There needs to be a drastic increase.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited April 2019

If you think Huntress is better than Leatherface or Plague you clearly havent met decent survivors yet. She is very easy to loop. She feels powerful, but just one person with urban will teach you. She isn't bad and can do interesting plays... but against people who doesn't potato every single second both Leatherface and Plague are better. Plague is superior to Huntress in every way. Fast throw exhaustion on Huntress can compete tho.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Leatherface can facecamp which makes him extremely powerful once someone is caught.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I'm sick of people not knowing how Plague works and labelling her as low tier.

Watch any video of someone who knows how to play her and then comment on the matter, please.

• Supernaut
    edited April 2019

You are very welcome to post links. The vids I've seen do not address dealing with loopers, or the above mentioned weaknesses. Its all good knowing how to use her, but there are glaring omissions in the practicality of using her against players rather than potatoes!

• MegMain98
    edited April 2019

Not very many killers can deal with loopers though. Nurse is the only one who has zero issues with loopers. Spirit can attempt to mind game loops. Trapper can cut off loops with traps but still has to take the time to set a trap and the survivor will just run to another loop. Vault Master Myers can vault just as fast as survivors so it is kinda hard to get away from him. Huntress can throw hatchets and down survivors over some loops but on some loops she cannot throw over them so she is a basic M1 killer at that point. Plague can only sometimes deal with a looper with Corrput Purge.

Out of 15 killers only one can directly counter loops. 6 killers can in some way cut off or deal with loops. All the other killers can’t do anything :/

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited April 2019

The OP is talking about a high risk/reward strat against her. If no one cleanses yes everyone can be m1 once for down. If no one makes a mistake the plague can't do anything and is a killer that can be looped having nothing to down the survivors besides her m1.

@tehshadowman33 please confirm if I understood what you said.

• GodDamn_Angela

Right. But this strat doesn't really make sense and doesn't explain how it makes her worse than Leather Face.

Or the Trapper even.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

It's a problem that's exacerbated on large maps.

Plus, even if they don't heal... Once last gen pops they all go for free heals, then go for the gate... EZ WIN (except for maybe the one survivor you're chasing while last gen pops, who then gets adrenaline speed rush).

• tehshadowman33

Huntress WILL hit you with hatches during a loop with a long wall.

Plague cannot do that. Plague is huntress speed when charging/holding her vomit, this makes her Huntress but with less utility.

• GodDamn_Angela

Ok. But how is them constantly being injured, and unable to heal, make her worse than Leatherface or just other 115% M1 Killers that they can heal on, like the Trapper and Wraith?

I honestly don't see the issue if everyone is constantly one hit from going down.

• tehshadowman33

Because you don't have anything to stall the mid game or end game. You don't have the movement speed to check gens. Her early game is possibly the worst (aside from Trapper) in the entire game's roster of killers. If you're not doing well late game with Plague, you're screwed.

• GodDamn_Angela

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Does she not have the same movement speed as the Trapper, Wraith, Myers, The Clown etc.?

If the Trapper and Leatherface are fast enough to patrol gens then she is too.

• tehshadowman33

Trapper can lock down a quadrant of an entire map, even though I think he's still awfully predictable as a killer.

Wraith has movement speed in cloak form.

Myers has instant down once he hits T3, which gives him an end game presence.

Clown completely negates looping unless you want to be punished for looping.

Plague's gimmick does not help her at all stall the game out, or end chases faster.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Base = Leatherface (low midtier)

Broken = Permamyers (high midtier)

Corrupt = Huntress (toptier)

Overall... around Myers

• tehshadowman33

Worse than Myers because at least Myers has a tiny terror radius.

You waste time searching for survivors as Plague.

You can approach from a good position as Myers too, run them into a death box with no pallets.

• GodDamn_Angela

Yeah but what if the Survivors avoid all the traps?

Also you said she is worse than Leatherface but didn't give an example of why. You didn't even bring him up but explained Killers I didn't bring up specifically because I knew they are better at patrolling Gens.

Except Myers. How is Myers insta-downing at Tier 3 BETTER than Plague insta-downing ALL THE TIME when Survivors don't cleanse?

I 100% think I am missing something here.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I have seen plenty of R1's try The Plague and she has the same fundamental weaknesses as The Huntress but slightly more forgiving hitboxes and more speed.

But in exchange for that she has to wait for survivors to purge before her range does any damage and the attack moves slower than Huntress hatchets.

Most survivors simply won't purge and make her an M1 killer and with perks like MoM they can take almost as many hits anyways.

Put that onto maps like Rancid Abattoir with that window, (every killer knows THAT window).

There is 0 reason to play Plague when Huntress when played well is simply the better killer.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2019

I don't know if you guys know this but huntress has a DIRECTIONAL LULLABY. That is 48 meters long. With a good headset as survivour you can pinpoint her location and provided she can't get into chase with you and can circle buildings and structures to deny her 4.4 ms ass chase. Also she creates an audio queue when chucking hatchets that unless charged allows survivours to juke hatchets espicially at long ranges.

As for plague her low bp gain is a huge reason why many dont play her and in a game like dbd where the grind is real that is inexcusably bad. Her power allows for faster healing via fountains. And just vaguely moving left and right can deny a moderate amount of vomit even at close range. She avoids some of huntresses core problems that can make her weak against survivours who deny chase activation and can abuse her lullaby to loop her for an absurd length of time.

As for leatherface. His power is awkward and janky and in need of some tunning to be less reliant on add ons but at the very least healing functions as normal. No lullaby and his defense is the best in the game. He is a default killer but sometime the extra trimmings a killer has can be more detrimental then just m1ing down survivours with some basic mindgames.

I know im stressing the lullaby thing but if you played as a huntress on Haddonfield or the game you would know exactly what im talking about.

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2019

I assume you're just a nit-picky for the sake of being a nit-picky, you said Plague is worst than Leatherface but didn't explain why, and ends up you bringing another Killer to compare with her, so fckin' what? It's not becuz she's bad, it's just becuz you don't like her, that's all!

• tehshadowman33

Also.

Plague has the embarrassing problem shared with the Doctor in that if you're right in front their face, their power doesn't work.

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34

Enough talking shits already, you're just showing how hypocritical you are! Discussing with you is just pointless...

• gantes

Good luck hugging a Plague when she's loading Vile Purge. You're just gonna get instadowned from full puke + M1.

She's better than Huntress at high wall loops because she's faster and neither of them can hit their abilities on high loops. If the Survivors don't heal, they're broken against a 115% MS killer. If you don't down Survivors who don't heal, I'm sorry, but you're the one who's bad, not the killer.

If you're playing her right, after someone is saved from the hook in the early game you got two people infected. And if they heal, you become Huntress on steroids for a while. If you can't down someone for the duration of two corrupt purges, again, you're bad, not the killer.

Just because you can't braindead steamroll through loops doesn't mean the killer is bad ffs

• gantes

And before people start complaining about gen rush with her, every killer not named Nurse or Billy struggles against gen rush.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

He was just nit-picking bad things from her that was not really an big issue and comparing Killers with The Plague that is not in his discussion

• GodDamn_Angela

Then hit them?

In this thread you were specifically talking about the strat of Survivors not Cleansing. If they aren't using Fountains they will get broken, and once they are broken you don't need to use your power. At all.

I feel there is some sort of misunderstanding here. If survivors aren't cleansing then, yes, her power is useless. Once they are broken. After which you don't even need your power any more because everyone gets downed in one hit.

• gantes

These forums: NOED unhealthy pls nerf

Also these forums: just don't cleanse against Plague and stay broken lol useless power

I mean ok