Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Entity's weakness revealed and proved.

TheBretzel
TheBretzel Member Posts: 83
edited April 2019 in Lore

Have a seat and have fun reading because we're going deep boyos.

Part 1 - The Different Realms

The first part of uncovering the Entity's weakness is to understand the world the Entity has created. We know that the Entity's realm is a realm of it's own. A nighmarish construct where the trials happens. The MAIN realm where everything happens. But there are also two sub-worlds that exists within that realm.

The Dream world

This realm can only be accessed by being put asleep by Freddy's power and by Freddy himself. I will not add any more information about it, since this realm is not the important one for us to prove the Entity's weakness, but by existing, it proves that multiple realms can exists within the main one at the same time.

The Spirit world

This realm can be accesed willingly by the Wraith himself due to the power of the Wailing Bell and can also be accessed by the Nurse herself due to the power of Spencer's Last Breath. This realm is THE most important one for us to prove the Entity's weakness. So we will focus on this one.

Part 2 - Particularities of the Spirit World

The spirit world is characterized by many things, we will go through the important ones. So let's start.

Particularity 1 - When entering and leaving the realm, a certain effect can be seen.

The effect is also present when a survivor gets sacrificed.

And can also be observed when the Entity appears on a hook.

This single effect proves one thing ; Amongst the Wraith and the Nurse, the Entity and the survivors have access to the Spirit World.

The nurse doe not have any effect like this, since she pierces throught the Spirit World, ergo there is not enough time for the effect to even appear. Also as you can see, the survivors enters the spirit world when being sacrificed to the Entity. The Entity itself is also capable of entering and exiting the realm at will. You can clearly see it when the Entity does the following ; Blood Warden effect/Window Block/Sacrifice sequence. This is the important point of this particularity.

The Entity can enter and leave the Spirit world at will.

Particularity 2- Beings inside it cannot be seen.

This one is quite self-explanatory.

Particularity 3- Anything affected by the Spirit world is weak to any intense light.

First let's have a look at what is affected by the Spirit World in-game. It is quite simple, anything that has an effect similar to the 1rst particularity is affected. This means the following killer powers ;

• The Wraith gets a stun AND a blind effect if you manage to blind him while he is inside the Spirit World. Why ? He is inside the Spirit world.

-The Nurse goes instantly into fatigue mode if you manage to blind her while she is charging her blink. Why ? Her charging her blink is a preparation to pierce throught the Spirit World, and you can clearly see small orange sparks and lights in her left hand while she charges. This is the effect effect of the Spirit world.

-The Hag's traps disapears when you flashlight them directly. Why ? When you finish placing a trap, you can clearly see the outline of the circle of activation. This circle has the SAME effect of small orange lights of the Nurse's charging blink and the Entity's blockers at windows. Which means it is affected by the Spirit World.

And guess what, theses killer powers are the ONLY ONES that the Entity gave a part of it's own power, and they are the ones heavily weakened by the flashlights while other killers are not.

Oh, another fun fact ; The legacy items like theses ones :

Have the following description to them ; The touch of The Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse? And as you can see, it is the same orange color which is characterized by the Spirit World.

All that said, where does that leaves the Entity and it's weakness ? Well, we proved one thing at least.

The Entity has its home in the Spirit World.

But since it has its home there, how do we bring light to it?? Well...

Part 3 - The Red Stain

The red stain is a mysterious light coming from the killer's eyes, and might be the sole reason of why killers are extremely weak to flashlight. Indeed it comes from the killer's eyes, but it does not originates from the Killer. It originates from the Entity itself. The Entity needs to see throughs his puppet's eyes in order to truly judge how well he/she did, or just for amusement. The claim that the red stain comes from the Entity can be linked to a single perk.

Beast of prey is a perk from the Huntress, and it states the following ;

Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable. The Red Stain disappears when Bloodlust activates.

This ties directly the Red stain to the Entity and to the Killers. Which is also backed up by the Devs answering the following question ;

WILL THE ENTITY EVER TAKE KILLER FORM?
"The Lore reference says that The Entity is taking the Killer form all the time."

And knowing that, where does the Entity resides again ?

Oh that's right, in the Spirit World. The same world that is vulnerable to intense lights. Which is the same world the Entity's stays while seeing everything through the Killer's eyes and also why the killer is so weak to flashlight to the point of stoping everything they do in order to protect themselves from the light. Since if you blind the Killer, you also blind the Entity.

A point has been proved here ;

The Entity is weak to flashlight.

Part 4 - The Generators.

These are the most common yet most controversial things in the whole trial. The Entity is weak to light, yet generators generate light. And if all generators are activated, they all light up and power the exit gates. Now, why would the Entity bring light if it is it's major weakness? Well, for the same reason flashlights exists ; Both of thoses things are not entirely made by the Entity.

This phrase has been said to the Killer during the tutorial when breaking a generator ; Do not let the light in!

This proves that the Generators were not only powering the exit gates, but they were also created as a means to weaken the Entity during the trial for the survivors to escape. Which, if you think about it, if the generators did NOT generate any light, would the gates would even be powered since the Entity is not weakened enough to have a loose grip on it's own world and have the exit gates opened?

This proves the following ;

The Entity is weak to light.

Part 5 - Final verdict and unanswered questions.

The weakness to the Entity is intense light.

Now that this has been said, I have to ask, does the unseen survivors from the Lore (Vigo, Alex and the rest) have figured this out and it is how they managed to alter the nightmare construct, aka the realm of the Entity itself?

It would make sense for them to activate as many generators as possible, and when they are all lit, would weaken the Entity enough for them to manage to create items or means of escape INSIDE the realm of the Entity. It would seem that the only circumstance when the Entity cannot fully control it's own realm is when it is filled with light. Which would then open the possibilities to make things appear that did not originate from the Entity itself...

Post edited by TheBretzel on

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Great theory tho. Mind if I translate this and post in russian part of forum?

• ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114
    ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 Member Posts: 45

and me in the spanish forum?

• TheBretzel

@Rattman said:
    Great theory tho. Mind if I translate this and post in russian part of forum?

@ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 said:
    and me in the spanish forum?

Yes no problem, do as you wish just be sure to link back here in case someone's looking for the original thread. and thanks ; )

• TheBretzel
    edited June 2018

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    I knew it! i had a feeling it had to be light in some way. The only question is. Can we kill it?

Well maybe if you bring an insane amount of light to burn you even in the shadows, but I don't like to go with exageration since exagerating always wins. I think we need more clues on how to Entity sustains itself first, and if it is able to grow, it also means it is able to regress too. If we know exactly how it feeds, we just have to cut it's food for it to die (IF, it is that simple and the Entity does'nt have another trick up it's sleeve).

Light is what is needed to make it go away, but I don't suppose it could kill it in itself. In combination with other things, I'm pretty sure it could, since everything that lives can die, but what are the other things? Well, only time will tell...

• Der_dasMann
    Der_dasMann Member Posts: 8

So Alan Wake is like the ultimate weapon agains the Entity? I mean I would love a crossover, and it would fit very well

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2018

Interesting theory especially the parts about the spirit world, but I don't agree much on point 4/5. Yes, gens emit light when fully repaired, but even when they are all running the Entity's power is not weaker, otherwise Bloodwarden and most endgame perks would hardly work.
    I honestly doubt the Entity would use its own weakness in the world it has created: a survivor would just need to knock over a fire barrel in Shelterwoods or the Rotten Fields to start a fire whose light could weaken a lot the Entity, maybe even allowing survivors to escape.

• Gigaguy777
    Gigaguy777 Member Posts: 1

Something worth mentioning is that the idea that the generators were put here to weaken the Entity to allow survivors to escape doesn't make sense, as it's been stated that everything in the trials is an approximation created by the Entity, and quirks in how they function compared to the real world are due to the Entity not fully understanding the context or use of it. To directly quote, "Unable though to really understand the true nature of the world it touches, it tries to replicate it as best it can, although it never quite gets it right."

We can visibly see that these generators are not connected to anything, and thus could never actually power something, and it's also stated that the survivors must feel some kind of hope for an escape, which is why the ability to escape is even present in the first place in the form of the escape gates and hatch. That hope is what feeds the Entity after a survivor is sacrificed, so essentially whether you win or lose as a survivor or killer, you're playing into the Entity's hand. It is kinda neat to see he has such a potentially basic weakness though, so long as he's in the spirit realm.

• TheBretzel

@White_Owl said:
    Interesting theory especially the parts about the spirit world, but I don't agree much on point 4/5. Yes, gens emit light when fully repaired, but even when they are all running the Entity's power is not weaker, otherwise Bloodwarden and most endgame perks would hardly work.
    I honestly doubt the Entity would use its own weakness in the world it has created: a survivor would just need to knock over a fire barrel in Shelterwoods or the Rotten Fields to start a fire whose light could weaken a lot the Entity, maybe even allowing survivors to escape.

I agree there's something going on with perks like Bloodwarden and Bamboozle, but I think it can be explained as the Entity itself being physically there, thus needing a bigger amount of light to even be affected. Rattman asked the same thing so if you want you can go read my response to him to know my point of view on it.

Also as for putting the map on fire, something unexpected will happen indeed, but I dont think you could do it willingly as a survivor. Since this is a nightmare, there are things you just cannot do, like fighting the killers back or even talking.

On a side note I know the Asylum was on fire during a certain point, so maybe it was tried before and it failed, or maybe it has nothing to do with this and it is just either a concidence or unrelated. But still just wanted to say that.

• TheBretzel

@Gigaguy777 said:
    Something worth mentioning is that the idea that the generators were put here to weaken the Entity to allow survivors to escape doesn't make sense, as it's been stated that everything in the trials is an approximation created by the Entity, and quirks in how they function compared to the real world are due to the Entity not fully understanding the context or use of it. To directly quote, "Unable though to really understand the true nature of the world it touches, it tries to replicate it as best it can, although it never quite gets it right."

We can visibly see that these generators are not connected to anything, and thus could never actually power something, and it's also stated that the survivors must feel some kind of hope for an escape, which is why the ability to escape is even present in the first place in the form of the escape gates and hatch. That hope is what feeds the Entity after a survivor is sacrificed, so essentially whether you win or lose as a survivor or killer, you're playing into the Entity's hand. It is kinda neat to see he has such a potentially basic weakness though, so long as he's in the spirit realm.

True i forgot about that thing in particular (the replica rule), but it is also said that there are things in the trial that the Entity did not created, like the Hatch. Yet it is still standing there, maybe because either the Entity allows it, or it is immune to the Entity's power of removal in a way unknown to us.

What I'm getting at is that the Hatch was not originally there, so a modification that did not originated from the Entity occured at some point. I think a possibility is that (and that's just speculation hence why I did not put it in the main post) the generators did not emit light at the beginning, and once someone realised it, they managed to build lights attached to them.

It is said that there's tools that were created by some survivors to help them escape the trial and also Vigo in particular learned how to alter the nightmare construct (referenced by in-game quotes). What did he changed now? The answer from that question is purely speculations. But something's sure, is that thoses modifications are still present.

Also yes you're right in that important point ; The Entity itself is mainly weak while inside the Spirit World, but it's influence is weak to light even while half-inside it (killer powers). Which leads me to think that maybe a bigger amount of light could weaken the physical form of the Entity since it would make sense for the Entity itself to be more resistant to it, but no amount of light of that magnitude is in the game yet so we dont know for sure.

• scoobydoomh
    scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47

This is awesome. I think this made me realize how much more dark and scary The Realm used to be without the generators and other survivor made objects. Imagine if the devs decided to put the current game further back in the timeline before all of these survivor made objects were there. It would be a much harder and scarier game for survivors.

• Rattman
    edited June 2018

@TheBretzel, if Entity didn't create the generators to allow survivors escape, why does it block Exit Gates for killers, instead of giving them chance to catch survivors when they are about to escape?
    Maybe, something important lies beyond Exit Gates, and killers are not allowed to get there? Maybe, Entity looses control on killers beyond Gates? But, this doesn't explain why survivors allowed to escape, while killers aren't.
    Well, anyway, what do you think about it?

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

@Rattman said:
    @TheBretzel, if Entity didn't create the generators to allow survivors escape, why does it block Exit Gates for killers, instead of giving them chance to catch survivors when they are about to escape?
    Maybe, something important lies beyond Exit Gates, and killers are not allowed to get there? Maybe, Entity looses control on killers beyond Gates? But, this doesn't explain why survivors allowed to escape, while killers aren't.

The Entity can't let the killers escape the realm they're in. If the killer could leave then they could completely ignore the trial, this would remove the escape aspect from the game. If survivors can't escape they have no hope. The Entity feeds off their hope. Also this prevents the different killers from interacting with each other, which could cause problems. For example the killers might attack each other rather than the survivors.

• Rattman
    edited June 2018

@Doc said:
    The Entity can't let the killers escape the realm they're in. If the killer could leave then they could completely ignore the trial, this would remove the escape aspect from the game. If survivors can't escape they have no hope. The Entity feeds off their hope. Also this prevents the different killers from interacting with each other, which could cause problems. For example the killers might attack each other rather than the survivors.

Yeah, that's pretty obvious. @TheBretzel stated here, that Entity didn't create generators, since its the source of light. So, Entity, probably don't want survivors to escape. At the same time, Entity blocks exit gates for killers, allowing survivors escape and evade sacrifice sequence to make Entity stronger. If Entity feeds the hope of survivors, then generators would still probably created by Entity to give survivors opportunity. And Entity created source of light on purpose to make themself vulnerable. So, anyway, Entity for some reason maked theirself vulnerable.

Here is a contradiction.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

@Rattman said:

@Doc said:

Yeah, that's pretty obvious. @TheBretzel stated here, that Entity didn't create generators, since its the source of light. So, Entity, probably don't want survivors to escape. At the same time, Entity blocks exit gates for killers, allowing survivors escape and evade sacrifice sequence to make Entity stronger. If Entity feeds the hope of survivors, then generators would still probably created by Entity to give survivors opportunity. And Entity created source of light on purpose to make themself vulnerable. So, anyway, Entity for some reason maked theirself vulnerable.

Here is a contradiction.

Maybe the exit gates were never intended to be powered. The fact that there is a door to a possible exit provides some hope to the survivors, even if they don't know how to open it. The Entity didn't however realize the survivors could build the generators to power the exit gates. So in the end, the Entity has to let the survivors escape sometimes, because killers definitely can't leave their realms.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    So,when the Red stain dissappears you shouldnt be able to flash the killer? 
  • Tim_Lwry
    Tim_Lwry Member Posts: 4
    If light were The Entity's weakness wouldn't survivors like Benedict or Vigo realize that?
    Vigo is presumably the creator of the hatch which means that she could change trial rules 
    If she were to find entity's weakness she would have probably got out of the realm 
    Benedict would have recorded that in his journal (or something)
    At any point why would a god demon tree spider hybrid being create something that could weaken it
  • DrSoda
    DrSoda Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2018

The gens are there to give the survivors hope, the hope of escape, the entity needs survivors to feel hope in order to feed. The entity can in fact be killed if we could sever the link between the entity and all of the realms, that would lead to the entity not being able to feed as much. If all realms connections were severed there would be no feeding, leading to a extremely weakened entity after enough time. Now the real question is how can we sever these links or is it even possible?

• coleration
    coleration Member Posts: 4

Just to support the idea that the entity is kinda within the killer, controlling their actions, and that the killer isn't completely free willed, I only just noticed the NOED description "And the beast became faster and more powerful, as if the entity's shadowy whips were lashing at it's back" this is obviously from a survivors perspective, so it would seem our ingame survivors has recognized this as well, unfortunately, the quote didn't give a name.

• Rattman
    edited June 2018

The more I think about it, the more I come to conclusion, that generators, Exit Gates (and, maybe hatch) were created by Entity. Entity probably just watches how desperately survivors trying to escape and laughs, since there is no escape beyond Exit Gates and hatch. Like, who cares, how weak Entity is, while all generators are powered up, if there is no known way for tru3 escape anyway? False hope - thing that Entity enjoy.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

Just a quick remark. Everything in the realm of the entity IS the entity. Devs confirmed this. even fire, which is a natural source of light....
    Light born, the perk, also questions the weakness to light. The spirit world is a damp place, that's for sure, so i get light being it's weakness.
    My theory is the following. The spirit world allows the entity to craft and manipulate, and then manifest into the real world. so For example, bloodwarden is made in the spirit realm, then manifested in the entity realm, this ignoring all light weaknesses. this is backed up with Wraith's powers. flashlight him all you want in the realm of the entity, nothing happens, yet spirit world is a a world of pain.... To note that Black fog manifests too. Perhaps all matter turn into this black ooze in the spirit realm? and the almost fire like orange is the re- creation and construction of that matter?

• TheBretzel
    edited July 2018

@Rattman said:

Hey there sry for late response ^^

As for your question I believe that the Entity needs survivor's hope to feed on it. So letting them return to the campfire and keeping the killer in the trial for some time before letting him go after them again is part of the process of giving hope to survivors. A little moment of rest to gather their toughts together and everything else that comes up in their minds.

The main aspect of your question is that the Entity let them go, but remember that the campfire is still part of the Entity's realm. Just like the trial, it is part of the Entity's realm. In that sense, they never escaped the realm itself so the Entity doesn't care much, they just escaped the trial, to enter another one yet again.

So yea, pretty much 1- letting hope build up and 2- They still are prisonners of the Entity's realm even if they go back to the campfire, it's part of the process of building hope.

• TheBretzel

@beatddb said:
    So,when the Red stain dissappears you shouldnt be able to flash the killer? 

According to my theory you should not be able to unless the killers are using powers that are affected by the Spirit world.

• TheBretzel

@Rattman said:
    The more I think about it, the more I come to conclusion, that generators, Exit Gates (and, maybe hatch) were created by Entity. Entity probably just watches how desperately survivors trying to escape and laughs, since there is no escape beyond Exit Gates and hatch. Like, who cares, how weak Entity is, while all generators are powered up, if there is no known way for tru3 escape anyway? False hope - thing that Entity enjoy.

The hatch has been confirmed that it was not made by the Entity. Devs also hinted at other things around the trial (specifically generators) that in the Entity's realm, did not make much sense. While I can understand the fact that they are present (gives hope to survivors) I still do not understand why they are allowed to stay there by the Entity. Either they are immune to the Entity's influence or the Entity accepts them since it feeds survivors hope. The answer as to why the Hatch (just to say this one only) is present is quite a crucial one but sadly no answers yet.

• Akibahara
    Akibahara Member Posts: 78

@TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

Post this on Reddit for hundreds of updoots

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Wow i think you are very accurate with everything you said about the entity. Im eager to know more too. The devs said that they will periodicaly unveil the truth of the entity and they definitely left clues for us to discover. I can't wait to know more :p

• TheBretzel

@Akibahara said:

@TheBretzel said:
    If any of you think I need more to backup this I can easily provide, I just did not wanted to overload the post. But any remaining questions about this can be found on the Wiki. Or you can ask me here, your choice.

Already did sadly was met with a measly score :^(
    look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tj138/the_entitys_weakness_found_link_to_official_forums/

me sad.

• Akibahara
    Akibahara Member Posts: 78

@TheBretzel said:

@Akibahara said:

@TheBretzel said:

look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tj138/the_entitys_weakness_found_link_to_official_forums/

me sad.

It's not bad. I'll repost it with the FULL body since - surprisingly enough - alot of people are so lazy they won't click a link and prefer to read it on the OP.

• TheBretzel

@Akibahara said:

@TheBretzel said:

@Akibahara said:

@TheBretzel said:

look:

me sad.

It's not bad. I'll repost it with the FULL body since - surprisingly enough - alot of people are so lazy they won't click a link and prefer to read it on the OP.

well let's see if you beat my score :^)
    good luck.

• TLE_Zekaris
    TLE_Zekaris Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 11

interesting thoughts, @OP. I consider it well possible that you are right. I´d just personally disagree on the Generators being no part ot The Entity´s design. There were multiple references in the Devstreams that hint to The Entity harvesting the Hope of the Survivors. Therefore, I think that the Generators are part of the design to give reason for hope. Hope to reach the campfire, to gaze into the flame and find some short time of peace and quiet before the next trial begins. Since there is no Escape, it keeps them going, leading to more suffering, moreendurance and a long, bountyful harves of hope. That principle can be observed in the Diary of Benedict Baker, who did not get insane in the face of the horrid torment but rather kept going, especially after he found out about the Generators and the possible way to escape unharmed that they provide.

• Chihuahuasaurus
    Chihuahuasaurus Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Good post. 

The generators and flashlights aren't the only sources of light that are present across the various trials nor are they the strongest sources of light. The moon, fires and quite a large number of electrical lights (that aren't connected to the generators) are scattered across each trial all of which would have been created by the Entity itself to emulate the survivors memories.

The Entity must be kicking itself with its own stupidity when Lery's or the Meat Plant gets chosen.

Maybe I'm blind but I can't see any evidence backing up your statement about generators and flashlights not being made entirely by the Entity? 

Also, your jump from flashlights to generators doesn't hold much weight as far as I'm concerned. The trial is constructed so that the survivors power the exit gates so that they can start a new trial. The survivors and killers are trapped inside the Entity's never ending cycle. The Entity wants the survivors to play its game - why do you consider the generators a weakness? 

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Entity turns out to be a much smaller fish than people originally thought. In the realm of popular fiction that DBD follows i'm sure the Entity is merely a pawn in a much larger circle of consciousness. Whether or not it has a weakness could be largely irrelevant regardless of how fun the speculation is 😀
    Post edited by Chihuahuasaurus on
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

This detail

• Rattman
    edited July 2018

Btw, last time I was moried by Huntress, I've noticed spirit world effect around my survivor. Looks like it appears only in survivor perspective.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfJnmUkR0k

• Rattman
    edited July 2018

Guess, this one appears in every mori. This one probably is most lucky with camera placement.
    This effect also appears at the end of the match for killer, if you look really close.

Post edited by Rattman on
  • Rattman

Also, worth to mension, same effect could be seen while pig uses trap on survivor/survivor removes trap.

• WraithOP
    WraithOP Member Posts: 4

I think the connection with light is solid, but not everything that's there. I see the Entity as something like Pennywise from IT, since we know the Entity feeds off of the survivor's hope and hopelessness, as well as the killer's bloodlust (and maybe frustration, depending on if you think the survivors or the Entity created pallets). By that logic, the Entity's only real weakness would be apathy.

But there is the genius of the trial. If the survivors were only trying to fight the entity, they would only need to stop caring to starve it. Since there are killers involved as well though, there's no way that both the killers and survivors would both be apathetic together (especially since so many killers are either completely insane, dead, or actually enjoy the trials), so they are both trapped forever.

• Rattman

@WraithOP said:
    If the survivors were only trying to fight the entity, they would only need to stop caring to starve it.

After survivor lose all hope, he/she becomes killer. The only thing left of them - hollow shell.
    After this, Entity would just get new survivors.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

The idea of Vigo, Benedict, Alex, Nikki, Sassy Dylan, Donna, etc. going through these trials with the hope of finding a way to open these doors and never knowing how is just sad. I wonder how long people were stuck in a trial with a killer and three others, having these gates and generators broken down everywhere. But you know nothing of fixing them and no tools to try anyways.

Finally Vigo invents the tools to fix these machines, giving them hope. The entity was feeding on them every night before these machines, but ow they were escaping every one in a while and it wasn't being as much. But it noticed how much better each person tasted when they had that fear.

Then Vigo created lights on each generator with the same material they used to create the tools, somehow outside of the entity's grasp to alter or remove.

What fuels these generators? They are converting some fuel into the electricity that powers the gates. And if the survivors never fill it up, the entity fills it for them. But that seems out of character. Wouldn't it just make that another part of the trial? So is someone else filling these up? Or is there no fuel, and there is something else at work with these generators that's in the subtext.

• duccc
    duccc Member Posts: 4

There is no way for the survivors to kill the entity.
    The entity is everything in the Entities realm, but not to mention the only way for them to be able to cut the connection between the Entities main body in the Spirit Realm and the Entities realm would be for them to find a way to kill the Killers. That's obviously not possible. But that would be the only way to really break the connection with the Entity and the Entities Realm.

Not to mention, I've seen people saying about Survivors escaping.

The Entity wants survivors to believe that they have a chance at escaping. If they escape through the Exit gate and see that the Killer can't chase them, they will become more hopeful for the next time, and believe that they truly can get out. Not to mention, that killer would get frustrated at losing the kill, as they all get Bloodlusted for survivors, and would likely be punished by the Entity for failure to catch them anyway. This would make the survivors have more hope for the Entity to feed off of when the Killer, who is more riled up for the kill next time, sacrifices the poor survivors.

Although I agree that Light is the Entities weakness, It will certainly not damage the Entity. The Entity is a God. It's the God of it's own Realm at the very least, and it can clearly reach into the Real world and snatch people up either as Killers or as Survivors. That means that it isn't just bound to the Spirit Realm, the Entity Realm nor the Dream Realm but it can also access the Real World too. So calling it a God would make sense. A flashlight, the light from Generators, the Light from even the Sun would likely not be enough to weaken the Entity. The reason that the connection with the Entity would be weakened, or killers take huge "damage" is because it's the Entity linking with something that is Mortal. The Entity would be part of the Killer, so the Killers weaknesses would be the Entities weaknesses in the time where the Entity is controlling the Killer. But that doesn't mean the Entity takes damage, it just perceives the damage that the Killer takes.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Guys the games called dead by daylight so what's to say there talking about the killer's or the survivors maby the entity keeps the killers trapped for without them the world they made dont exist anymore bringing dawn closer and if someone manipulated the fog then maby just maby they was never a survivor but a killer like the doctor drawn into that world but with a difference they came to kill the entity's power which is why it can only hold a small area and the hatch is in fact a doorway they created when they had to flee but only when there job was done freeing survivors to weaken it during there time as to the gens maby old killer's that worshipped the entity like the wraith does built them to feed there master but when they finished there master was so weak they willing gave there lives and there very existence to save there master so it could call more to there side only one a willing servant
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    New killer "The Entity" only killer that can reach tier SS (SUPER STRONG) 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

I didn't read all of the posts, so forgive me if this was already said:

If the Entity didn't want you to escape, why would it put the gens and exit gates there at all? Why would it block the killer from pursuing and sacrificing survivors outside of the gates? The survivors only escape back to the campfire to await the next trial, where we can see the killers and Entity watching them. No. The Entity MUST want the survivors to escape. Possibly cultivating and nurturing the hope of the survivors so that it may "devour" that hope when they are finally sacrificed. It seems to me that the Entity wants survivors to feel strong hope and confidence in their ability to escape and then crush that hope. Perhaps that is how the Entity subsists.

This is also potentially a lore explanation for rank as well. As your hope and confidence increase, you are facing ever more overwhelming odds until you eventually are defeated time and time again, which reduces your rank so that you may become hopeful again. Perhaps the crushed hope of killers at high rank is also satisfying to the Entity. Perhaps killers are just as much of victims as the survivors, only malevolent.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Some people asked why the Entity would bring its weakness into its own world.

I think that might be because light is generally a representation of hope, the very thing the Entity feeds on when a Survivor is sacrificed. The Entity needs Survivors to build up their hope for an escape. A Generator lighting up represents that since every Generator brings them closer to an escape.