Trapper QOL changes/ Buffs

Trash_Panda
Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

-I’d like to see a few QOL changes to my man trapper.

This would either include a basline start of 2 traps, then allowing him to pick up and hold all the traps he comes by so you don’t have to keep walking back and fourth. Wasting about 1-2 gens worth of time even with ruin at higher ranks.

-Or, for my favorite idea ,you could have trapper start with all his traps and change the grey yellow and purple addons for holding traps to ADD 1/2/3 traps to the trial respectively.

-this would fix his problem of the extremely time consuming setup required to play trapper effectively and changing the addons would essentially allow trapper to be more effective on larger scale maps like black water swamp temple of Purgation ect

I feel like this could fix trappers main issues while not breaking him

-What are your guy’s thoughts or opinions on this or what ideas do you have ?

Comments

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

just make iridescent stone base-kit and make his 2nd ultra-rare "starts the trial will all traps with him"

• Trash_Panda

The thing is is I don’t want killers to be completely reliant on addons to make them viable. Adding iridescent stone base would be too much I think. His problem is time , he needs to spend less time and I don’t mind manually resetting traps as that is part of the killer . But having to go completely out of your way to grab traps and walk them back across the map to put it where you want is a lot of time wasted . I would rather baseline start with all my traps and manually reset them if they are disarmed

also adding a option to reset a trap where it’s currently located without picking it up would be a nice time saver too!

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I always found it strange trapper didn't start with all his traps.

• Trash_Panda

I mean it’s kind of counter productive . Let’s say you start with 5-6 traps (I can’t actually remember how many I have I never counted but it’s around that many.

Trapper would be so much more viable if he started with those, changes the grey yellow and purple bag addons to add 1-2-3 traps to the map so instead of 5 you’d start with 6-7-8 depending on which addon you use. Make the bag addons not stack with each other.

Then add a L-ctrl ability on traps to where you can manually reset them where they are currently placed so you don’t have to pick it back up then place it again.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

who cares about balance if we have nurse and MoM-like perks?

• Trash_Panda

I just want trapper to be better then his current state. These changes are mostly QOL and save a trapper time which he’s struggling with.

survivor perks have nothing really to do with this post as it’s about trapper not survivor and nurse

with these changes it would make trapper a much better killer without breaking him

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Looks good. I personally not a big fan of "just make him like hag" idea though. Maybe make his traps more centralized on maps.

My trapper rework

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49742/my-trapper-rework-for-qol-and-faster-preparation

• Trash_Panda

It’s not really like the hag . He still has to go back to where he initially placed his traps . He just starts with them

• Trash_Panda

And then he can just open them back up where they were placed with l-ctrl

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I really wished they would add a base percent (like 20% chance) to become injured when disarming a trap. Doing this seems like a dangerous thing, and should always come with a possible negative cost for completely negating the killer's power.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Let him reset his traps that are on the ground without picking the trap up first.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Another important thing, especially for the auto-reset addon or a possible manual reset:

Survivors should snap to the traps location, not the trap to the sirvivor like it currently is.

• Trash_Panda
    edited April 2019

He just struggles with time , while all your points are valid honestly just giving him all his traps at start would probably be near enough. And being able to reset traps on ground with lctrl but do do that they would need fix the traps moving when survivors get caught ( like Rapto stated)

But I do love the idea of adding a base chance to become injured. And as much as I’d love bloody coil to just be baseline that would be too strong I think xD expecially for basement plays.

But if trapper could just get a bit more time without tireless going to all four corners of the map to retrieve his power only to be seen by every single survivor on the map, which in turn shows them every trap you place because you had to expose your position early just to get the trap is so bad in many ways