Speedhack.

Chett
Chett Member Posts: 23

So, my last post got deleted after 2 Minutes...

So i ask the question again. When do you Devs fix this very easy to use speehack for Killers ?
So many using it and its a gamebreaker.

Comments

• BlondeMegPls
    BlondeMegPls Member Posts: 66

Can't believe it's been so long and report and banning system on this game is still useless

• Chett

Thats another fact. Devs care a ######### bout all that hacking, abusing, insulting and the report system is a joke. But what to expect from a company that steals code. I am 45. And in all that years i saw much bigger and more successful companys meet their fate for being greedy.

Imo, when i listen to streams when the Devs are talking. I always thought to myself: Ouch, these guys landed a lucky punch with dbd...

I think, Eldora is right. I will just move on.
    Hopefully Bethesda gona crush the last $ outta you and not Warner!

• Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

My post got deleted too. I caught speed hacker on video, provided steam ID etc. I even found on steam forum guy who had same experience as me, adding his video of that hacker too. Naming and shaming should not be appling to posts with proofs, now it just protecting hackers.

I guess its really time to move to another game. Civ 5 comes to mind. Devs not care about protection of fair players....

• Rob_Zombi3

@ZombieGenesis said:
    The problem is some people post their "proof" that happens to just be a glitch or normal gameplay. It's not worth naming and shaming any legit guilty people if it means defaming innocent people because survivors are salty or have no idea what hacking actually looks like.

He had like bloodlust 3 combined with agitation all time, even just running around map or while carrying survivors and insta chainsaw. No addons or perk relating speed. It was extraordinary clear. That fellow video was also clear with half second pick traps and moving riddioucsly around map.

I mean when you are triple killer speed whole game, and every action is instant, its not glich or normal gameplay.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Name-and-shame is not allowed, period. There's a proper way to report players for cheating. Witch-hunts are not tolerated, as it should be.

• Rob_Zombi3

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Yours may be legit, absolutely, but not everyone's is. So a blanket rule is needed. Did you submit your video to moderators?

Pointless. They will say "report ingame". In game report system is not working. Its loop. You cant send it via e-mail neither.
    So its "do-all-you-like" to hackers. Sad.

@Orion said:
    Name-and-shame is not allowed, period. There's a proper way to report players for cheating. Witch-hunts are not tolerated, as it should be.

No, there is literally ZERO way to report players for cheating. In game report system dont even have category for possible hacking, if that would be case that its working now. Witch hunts are one thing, proper accusation with proofs on video are whole another story. Name and shame have legit reason then. If this system is protecting more hackers than fair players, that rule is IMHO just wrong.

• Orion

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Yours may be legit, absolutely, but not everyone's is. So a blanket rule is needed. Did you submit your video to moderators?

Pointless. They will say "report ingame". In game report system is not working. Its loop. You cant send it via e-mail neither.

@Orion said:

No, there is literally ZERO way to report players for cheating. In game report system dont even have category for possible hacking, if that would be case that its working now. Witch hunts are one thing, proper accusation with proofs on video are whole another story. Name and shame have legit reason then. If this system is protecting more hackers than fair players, that rule is IMHO just wrong.

There is a way to report players for cheating. The fact that you don't see insta-bans is what makes you and other people believe that reports don't work. Guess what? The devs have to sift through the evidence. You are not judge, jury, and executioner. Name-and-shame all you'd like, it'll just get you banned.

• Rob_Zombi3

@ZombieGenesis said:
    What vetting process does the proof go through though? We have 10 posts with "proof" 9 of them are garbage and false, is it worth the one? I don't think it is. I think most would agree with me.

Ok. Then we should push on devs to make in-game report system works, including adding videos to it. Or make oficial mail address to post it privately direct to devs. Or maybe a subforum here where the posts would be visible only to mods so they could push it to related dev. Something.

In current state its not working and its making hacking a thing without any consequence even if caught on video or stream...

• Rob_Zombi3
    edited June 2018

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Orion said:

There is a way to report players for cheating. The fact that you don't see insta-bans is what makes you and other people believe that reports don't work. Guess what? The devs have to sift through the evidence. You are not judge, jury, and executioner. Name-and-shame all you'd like, it'll just get you banned.

I want to be heard. So tell me the way to report players for cheating? In game? How to do that with video proof?
    I have no interested to be jury or executioner, I want devs starting to take anti-cheat protection seriously and guess what? They don't. Pls point me to the judges. I want to have their time to hear me out and get them my evidence....

PS: And btw. the guy I caught doing it its apparently doing it for months (reddit post with same steam ID asking if its legit). Thats for "insta-bans"

• Orion
    edited June 2018

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Orion said:

I want to be heard. So tell me the way to report players for cheating? In game? How to do that with video proof?
    I have no interested to be jury or executioner, I want devs starting to take anti-cheat protection seriously and guess what? They don't. Pls point me to the judges. I want to have their time to hear me out and get them my evidence....
    PS: And btw. the guy I caught doing it its apparently doing it for months (reddit post with same steam ID asking if its legit). Thats for "insta-bans"

Yes, I know you want to be heard. It's the same with everyone who names-and-shames or posts "how-to" guides for hacks and exploits. They want to be heard, and they think the best way to do that is to break the rules and help damage the game further. Fact is, it just gets you banned.

They do take anti-cheat protection seriously. EAC works just like VAC, in that it looks for known cheats and the basic fundamentals of how cheating works. New cheats are added to its database so they can be properly found. The devs have explained time and time again how to report cheaters. If you really want to learn, go watch their streams until you find the right one; the most recent one where they explain it.

PS: The main reason cheaters get away with it is people like you, who don't use the proper channels to report people, or otherwise don't even try to report people. What you're doing, naming-and-shaming, is equivalent to driving up to BHVR's HQ, yelling the information from a megaphone, and then expecting them to take action.

• Orion
    edited June 2018

Never mind. Lack of punctuation made it hard to understand the comment.

• Rob_Zombi3

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Orion said:

Yes, I know you want to be heard. It's the same with everyone who names-and-shames or posts "how-to" guides for hacks and exploits. They want to be heard, and they think the best way to do that is to break the rules and help damage the game further. Fact is, it just gets you banned.

They do take anti-cheat protection seriously. EAC works just like VAC, in that it looks for known cheats and the basic fundamentals of how cheating works. New cheats are added to its database so they can be properly found. The devs have explained time and time again how to report cheaters. If you really want to learn, go watch their streams until you find the right one; the most recent one where they explain it.

Wow. Ok so I am the villain here, doing damage to the game. Good to know. I am somewhat disgusted to be honest. Oh, and I watched those streams thats why I am posting this. They even admitted system is reworking and mostly not working properly now but sure, you can report in game. Stefan Horwath said they think about adding possible video reports but its under "thinking". Period.

I added possible solutions and workarounds about it. I dont want to break rules but having those people hacking indiscramentely for months is just disgrace.

Meh. I should know better to go there, hacking is apparently legit. I guess I'll just leave game with hacker next time. Would be best to not do "damage to the game further"

Thanks for your answers guys!

• Fluffy
    Fluffy Member Posts: 48

LOL
    They don't give a sh*it about cheaters. Or their ingame report system is broken. PERIOD!
    pick your choice. it's not a matter of number of reports, or anything because i reported a speedhacker with video proof ingame almost 3 weeks ago, even posted the proof on devs and community managers profiles here. Everytime the post got deleted and the speedhacking claudette is still playing the game!

So stop with the naming and shaming sht and fix the fcking report system instead of working on creating any more bugs or nerfing whatever they are nerfing!

• Chett
    edited June 2018

I didnt name and shame. I just asked a Question - if they are gona fix it. We will always have to deal with hackers/cheaters, but in this case its just laughable how easy it is. I am not giving a hint, cause i know my post will be deleted in a blink of an eye, but again - I just asked a simple question. And in my first post (that got deleted) i showed the devs how freaking easy it is. Maybe they werent aware of, maybe they are (now for sure). For me that doesnt matter, if they are not willing to have a conversation bout this.

And Orion sounds like a private Account of an employe smile

• Orion

@Chett said:
    I didnt name and shame. I just asked a Question - if they are gona fix it. We will always have to deal with hackers/cheaters, but in this case its just laughable how easy it is. I am not giving a hint, cause i know my post will be deleted in a blink of an eye, but again - I just asked a simple question. And in my first post (that got deleted) i showed the devs how freaking easy it is. Maybe they werent aware of, maybe they are. For me that doesnt matter, if they are not willing to have a conversation bout this.

And Orion sounds like a private Account of an employe smile

Believe what you will. Showing how to hack on an open forum should always get your post deleted. I'd go one step further and say you should've been permanently banned, but that's just me.

• Chett
    edited June 2018

Yea, dont stick to the intention of my post - When do you Devs fix this very easy to use speehack for Killers ?
    Instead keep slapping around with moral.

Btw, i was aware that this could happen (ban). Guess what ? Now they saw how easy it is, and there are no longer any excuses for them.

But lets stick to double standards. Instead of facing the problem.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

They'll probably do ######### all for a long while as these Devs work very slowly on most things. This blatant speed hacker that I have come across multiple times claims that all it took was 2 lines of code.

• Chett
    edited June 2018

Jup, its two lines with not more then 30 letters in each line. And the file is on your...uhm smile
    Not even a EAC workaround needed.

Edit: Also, smart guys dont pump this hack up to its full potential. Just make them a tiny bit faster...
    So noone realizes it.
    And thats also a big issue. This hack would be not realized, if only used by smart guys ;) As the official hacker mentions himself.

• Orion

@Chett said:
    Yea, dont stick to the intention of my post - When do you Devs fix this very easy to use speehack for Killers ?
    Instead keep slapping around with moral.

Btw, i was aware that this could happen (ban). Guess what ? Now they saw how easy it is, and there are no longer any excuses for them.

But lets stick to double standards. Instead of facing the problem.

I am not a developer. However, there is no double standard. If you're caught breaking the rules, you get punished. Name-and-shame is self-evident, but hacking isn't. Maybe you're too new to remember bugs like the Hag not being stunned by DS, but I'm not.

• Chett
    edited June 2018

@Orion said: Maybe you're too new to remember bugs like the Hag not being stunned by DS, but I'm not.

And that has to do what with my post and speedhacking ?

And yea, i realized u are not a employe... (EDIT: btw, learn to read between the lines. I didnt say u are, i said u sound like. It was the fact, that u are protecting a system that is ######### up.)

Our conversation is over smile

Post edited by Chett on
  • Chett
    edited June 2018

Lets just make a perk out of it (tiny bit faster, as mentioned above). Lets call it: Sprint Burst, uhm, wait...OK: Sprint burst for killer, same ruleset (exhausting), but they can decide when to use. Loopin would be history - nother prob solved ;)

Next DLC Killer is: The Flash. #########, we already got that. Free DLC, see it in a positive way.

Edit2: On steam there was a thread bout speedhacking too...was. Got deleted, it seems. Always the same with you Devs and Mods. if its getting serious, only the $ in your eyes...

Post edited by Chett on
  • Fluffy
    Fluffy Member Posts: 48

@Chett said:
    Always the same with you Devs and Mods. if its getting serious, only the $ in your eyes...

It's funny because today, i just saw they added some new paid skins --'
    You gotta keep the cash flowing ^^ Milk them good ;)

• Chett
    edited July 2018

Gona bump this up. Look at the Steam Forums (one outta five threads is bout cheatin/speedhacking now). Its full of reports and complains. As i said - its gettin more and more who doing it. Its gettin outta control. And Devs still dont care. Not even a answer on the official Forum. Not even a "we are on it"...

I warned u, Devs. Keep the 3 ape's style. Not listening, not saying, not seeing...fate is gona get ya smile

Post edited by Chett on
  • Angaar
    Angaar Member Posts: 78

what in the fack guys. Of course the devs give a ######### ya morons. Hackers have a current work around for EAC to bypass it. Their last hack that could bypass EAC got patched and peoples got banned. And now there is a new one. So calm your tits and let them do there thing.

• Chett
    edited July 2018

@Angaar said:
    what in the fack guys. Of course the devs give a ######### ya morons. Hackers have a current work around for EAC to bypass it. Their last hack that could bypass EAC got patched and peoples got banned. And now there is a new one. So calm your tits and let them do there thing.

lol...
    Listen to Angaar, the voice of the Devs...

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you may not witch hunt on our forum. keep your salt videos to yourself.
  • Chett

"Our forum" - pfffrrrt.
    Salt ? I would call it pepper. smile.
    What Video ? You are not a bright candle, so...

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@Orion said:

@Rob_Zombi3 said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Orion said:

PS: The main reason cheaters get away with it is people like you, who don't use the proper channels to report people, or otherwise don't even try to report people. What you're doing, naming-and-shaming, is equivalent to driving up to BHVR's HQ, yelling the information from a megaphone, and then expecting them to take action.

Break the rules? Are you even believing what you just said? They don't break or bend the rules to get heard they do it because they enjoy it. Perfect education so far.
    Also this is some proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcC2EWcIrik
    Song on point tho' xD

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

This is Christmas 2016 all over again but worse.

Only thing you can do is watch the lobby timer, if its going too fast leave ASAP.

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

I wish the game could auto detect when a killer or survivor is using a speedhack, and make everyone else move at the same speed. I just think that would be a great way to troll players

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

@Chett said:
    Thats another fact. Devs care a ######### bout all that hacking, abusing, insulting and the report system is a joke. But what to expect from a company that steals code. I am 45. And in all that years i saw much bigger and more successful companys meet their fate for being greedy.

Imo, when i listen to streams when the Devs are talking. I always thought to myself: Ouch, these guys landed a lucky punch with dbd...

I think, Eldora is right. I will just move on.
    Hopefully Bethesda gona crush the last $ outta you and not Warner!

This. The game could be so good if the devs behind it weren't such obvious amateurs.

• Shjya
    Shjya Member Posts: 2

My friends and I have reported players since this youtube hack came out a week ago. NOTHING has been done. We had 4 different people multiple times tonight. SOMETHING HAS OT BE DONE. TAKE THE REPORTS SERIOUSLY.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Shjya said:

My friends and I have reported players since this youtube hack came out a week ago. NOTHING has been done. We had 4 different people multiple times tonight. SOMETHING HAS OT BE DONE. TAKE THE REPORTS SERIOUSLY.

there are no hacks