A quick poll to try and provide feedback to BHVR regarding Legion's power.

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Legion is a rather, special, killer that would become simply unusable if their entire power was gutted. Therefore in order to maximize satisfaction I want to know your answer to the following prompt:

"If you were given free reign to remove one single component of Legion's power, what would you remove and why?"

Below is a Strawpoll link to make the community's responses easier to look at:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17795431

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Voted. I have no problem, just with other Legions who use exploits.

• Peasant

@Shad03 We have the same idea then.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

if you remove the mending action how do you stop the deep wound timer lol

• Peasant

@artist Honestly, I don't know. I am just gathering data on what part of Legion folks dislike the most.@artist

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

It's the perks and addons that turn the annoyance of Mend into a real problem. Drastically increase healing time, reduce the rate in terror radius, extend terror radius, see people healing, reduce rate for each injured survivor, increase Mend time, allow easier chases with quicker downs; everything just stacks up and becomes a problem.

Any killer could use the same perks and gain an edge, but none of them directly include a second layer of required healing like Legion. Add in the incredibly powerful (or sometimes outright broken) add-ons, the shady tactics to cheat the system, and this becomes a situation in which you cannot win against a competent killer. Base power already prevents looping so you can't outlast a chase either. I really don't know a way to change things so it's better for everyone, but that's why people have such an issue when they see Legion approaching. Well, not my Legion, but good ones.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

Since Legion's few counter plays are easily countered, I just say he should be like myers and build speed up with certain conditions. Might encourage people to stop DCing. I don't exactly want to get rid of his palette hopping ability like some people but damn man, sometimes I think we just need some time that we cant buy and not all Legions are willing to cut slack. I deeply appreciate the very few who do, and I would thank them but every legion I go against tends to DC the after lobby to avoid salt or something.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

My problem with him isn't on that list. My issue is that he has no risk vs reward dynamic due to his power being extremely consistent in results. He doesn't have exploitable weaknesses nor does he have interesting chase mechanics, no I don't mean the vaulting that's fine, nor do I mean DW, rather I mean that other chase Killers either require setup or lose a significant amount of information when using their power. In theory that would be lack of scratch makes during Frenzy. However there is no opportunity to break LoS as a survivor in order to take advantage of it.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

ooh, i'd like Tier's to FF power. With each tier increasing his ability to spread the damage around, NOT tunnel easier. Also @NuclearBurrito , try window or pallet teching a Legion, sure it isnt much, but they can't see your scratch marks so if they guess wrong you lose them for quite a bit

• NuclearBurrito

@Mat_Sella Pallet teaching?

• Peasant

@NuclearBurrito They said "teching" as in tech. I assume they're trying to say mindgame Legion at pallets but I'm not sure.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289
    edited April 2019

I voted Deep Wounds Timer but I wasn't really sure what my vote should go on. So I'll just answer your question at the bottom of this post after my explanation

I strongly dislike Legion's power because it's too easy for survivors to disperse as a group preventing Legion from using the power as intended. Because of that Legion will instead focus a single survivor in which doing so removes almost all skill involved in chase with very little counterplay. However even if Legion did manage to use their power successfully it would quickly devolve into Feral Frenzy'ing a survivor to death which again removes a lot of counterplay against M1 killers.

"If you were given free reign to remove one single component of Legion's power, what would you remove and why?"

Some random proposals although these are just "spur of the moment" thoughts although the main point of my post is to clarify on my answer / problem with him. Below is just compromises.

-Feral Frenzy no longer charges while chasing a survivor affected with Deep Wounds

-Feral Frenzy gives Legion a passive MS bonus for each survivor affected by Deep Wounds

-Survivors hit by Feral Frenzy are not visible to Legion for the remaining duration of that Feral Frenzy. (Blood and scratchmarks included)

The entire proposal is to encourage Legion to look for other survivors to gain a speed boost. Although if they decide to chase the current target they'll have faster movement speed while Deep Wounds is active but the timer will be paused so Legion becomes a normal M1 killer.

Although there's still the issue of moonwalking and there's still the issue that Legion can double tap a survivor. Also it doesn't change the fact that Legion still requires little to no skill on the first 1-2 hits during Frenzy. Also iirc Legion can use his power at any point during Frenzy charge now.

I don't like Legion in its current state but I really couldn't say what needs to be done with Legion.

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

For me it's the fast vaulting, it's the only way for me to create a barrier between me and the killer and since now that is gone I don't have anything so I'm just running hoping to lose line of sight and not get hit.

If I drop a pallet or vault he's still gonna be up my arse and I don't have enough time after a vault to pull a quick stunt (or spin whatever) to lose him because he vaults just as fast as I do so he still has eyes on me.

• Eskay
    Eskay Member Posts: 30

Good luck providing feedback from the forum dominated by killer mains lol

Legion needs a full rework, not just a change to one side of his power

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Problem with legion is finding a way to make it more fun while not entirely killing his basic idea about "Agile, yeeting over pallets and windows and stabbing people alot"

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2019
  • NuclearBurrito

Its definitely not going to be an overhaul