The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A possible return of "The Dark Times"

I didn't get into this game until after The Pig came out, but I heard about the Dark Times of Dead by Daylight, and I've heard rumblings of there being a return of these dark times after the most recent changes to the game.

It concerns me, since I love this game, but I've noticed more survivors disconnecting, and discussions of there being new meta's that completely break the balance of the game. What do you guys think? Are the Dark Times upon us once again? If so, do you think it could be fixed before it could potentially destroy the game?

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Of course, the "Dark Times" COULD return. But it's not hard to prevent that from happening. It depends on the devs' decisions how to handle certain problems, and how fast they are going to take care of it.

I really love DbD, I want the best for this game.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46

Well, when I referred to the Dark Times, I was referring to the time when hooks could be saboe'd permanently, We'll Make It stacked for ALL healing actions (Self Care included), Pallet Loops were essentially infinites, Unrelenting and Save the Best for Last were the main killer meta when Unrelenting counted for all attack cooldowns, missed and successful, etc.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'd say "Dark Times" is a combination of a significant drop in the player base and a state of the game where it is unfun to play. (Of course, these things are related.)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

This thread reads like bad fan fiction. "dark times" indeed.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

dark times is back i can assure you when he comes to balance , matchmaking , bugs and devs that remains silent on all these issues. I mean since they have reworked DS how much time that has taken to the devs to buff it , one week or two.

• RockRage8962

Nice to see that many of you agree. I was in two matches straight that had two survivors crash before the session loaded in. It's apparent that things are grim for the game right now, and unless the devs can quickly fix it, I fear it will hurt the game majorly.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

This whole idea of "dark times" that TydeTyme has started makes me cringe 😶

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@T0xicTyler Oh Christ, is that where it came from? I never heard of it before a couple of recent threads because I don't follow or watch Tyde's stream or video content. Don't really care for him.

Yikes.

• RockRage8962

Regardless of where it came from, the game is in a really bad state. I'm pretty sure most of you can agree on that.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

what if the Dark Times was some sort of extremely cryptic teaser for a medieval chapter 😮

on a more serious note, I only care for the Infinite Loading & Disconnecting bug. That is truly hampering the player experience. Beyond that, i shrug.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

No, there's no dark times. People who say that don't understand what it was like back in July 2017-April 2018. It was absolute hell for killers. I used to main survivor and it was never easier.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    edited April 2019

Well the first dark times was hell for sure, that one is worst not for killers only but the major community. i mean there is alot of point that have to be changed/fixed because the hurt the community the player count is falling for a reason.

Legion , matchmaking (queues and rank disparity) , balance ( double pallet , rush gen , broken perks , killers not viable at rank 1) , bugs ( can't be healed , wiggle issue , texture issues that cause framerate drops) , crash ( infinite load screen , random crash during loading) , QoL ( low sensibility on controller since in 60FPS on console , still not enough settings). with that the devs being silent no stream , no post on forum and email redirecting on forums to report it.

if that's not a dark time then what is it. People disconnect almost every game i play in with legion being insta DC.

@Peanits talk with us devs don't remain silent.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@xllxENIGMAxllx that image is completely beautiful

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

It makes me deeply cringe lol. Everyone is adopting this term to describe the current situation but honestly the biggest problem this game has at the moment is networking/matchmaking. Balance-wise this game is in the best place it's been and anyone who has been around for a while can attest to that.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

Dark times you say?

No...Jun. 2016...those were Dark Times for killers. The map was full of infinite loops for window juking survivors.

I don't see how the game could be reduced back to those levels.

• RockRage8962

Balance wise, yes. The game is at the best is has ever been. However, when these issues started cropping up, the player base began to falter, with the only thing stopping it being the free to play weekend. Maybe it wouldn't be a return of the dark times from 2016, but a dark time non-the-less.

Looks like the devs finally responded to the situation and have been aware of the issues plaguing the game since the new matchmaking was tested out. Hopefully the player base starts to rise again when the fixes are implemented by the next mic-chapter patch.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

currently the game is the furthest away from the "Dark Times" as it has ever been, which is good.

sure, there are problems, but overall it has greatly improved.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

Did you mean 2016-17? July '17 was when the Huntress came out, which was when the game began to improve dramatically from the huge rollercoaster of a mess it had for its first year. Those were the end of the dark times, really.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Science_Guy strange, that's back when Ochido was at his greatest. And I thought the game was at a bad time back then, considering how everyone was uncatchable.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

You think this is Dark Times? You're funny dude,

Dark Times was so bad back then, even i didn't want anything to do with DBD,

Running Animations were so cringe

Two pallets on either side of a jungle gym

even a pallet at an L and T wall

All 3 windows being open in the garage on wretched shop.

The bus loop never closing

Cow tree being an absolute limbo

Not to mention the infamous Pallet Vacuum.

And you call this Dark Times? That's funny man.

• RockRage8962

Well, regardless, it's quite apparent that no such thing is upon the game again, since the devs already addressed that they are investigating the networking and crashing issues, so this thread can finally die if people find it easy to scoff at. I just want this game to thrive, and if it has constant networking and crashing issues, it won't survive, just like any online multiplayer game.