Unpopular Opinion: 1st DC = Permaban

Options
Sythalin
Sythalin Member Posts: 280
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Seems this is what the majority want, so just do it and get it over with already.

"No one said that!"

Yes, yes they have. On dozens of threads. Go look.

1 DC, no matter the reason, results in permanent ban. Problem solved.

Post edited by Sythalin on

Answers

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I don't think that's the right way to go about things. Perhaps a queue penalty with a 50% BP penalty for their next 3 games would be a better option.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Where is the lol button 😑

• Sythalin
    Options

The majority don't care if you "bug out" since there's "no way to tell the difference" (even thought the logs actually show it, but they refuse to look themselves).

I'm not making this up, not posting it for "the lulz"; If you actually look through every DC thread, it's just nonstop asking for permabans, no matter the cause of the DC. There is a new thread on it posted nearly every hour, every day. At this point, if it'll shut people up, give them what they want.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

So by that logic the majority of the Noed threads means it should be removed and why stop there. Let's just keep removing x things from the game to please everyone, now you have no game to play.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@powerbats Ty ❤️

Isn't there some weird thing that if there's the DC sound in a game it's a legit RQ. And if someone dc's with no sound it was DBD being buggy?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I've been dc'd running through shack towards the killer on my screen it showed the killer dc'd everyone but on his I quit. No sound on either end and my friends in game didn't know what happened.

I've had people literally get crashed as soon as the game loads within seconds of entering the game they just dc. Doing a perma ban on the 1st dc means you won't have a playerbase within a few weeks.

• Sythalin
    Options

Remove the button entirely. This would remove one "temptation" of leaving, and provide further proof that intentional DCs. Good thinking, thanks for contributing to the idea!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

"I made the statement, now you go look for the proof that I'm right."

Links or didn't happen.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    Options

Another one of this? No, thank you very much.

God... why do people with Freddy's icon always make the dumbest threads?

• Sythalin
    Options

Same can be made of any statement. If you're too lazy to do a search for "permanent", "ban", "permaban", "disconnect", "dc", including any or all of these terms, that's on you. I'm not going to sit here and link every page of those results.

God... why do people with Nurse's icon always make the most pointless replies?

By all means skip the thread. I'm sure you have other buddies that are missing your clear ability to add intelligent points/counterpoint to a discussion. Or at least will give you a high-five and tell you "nice one brah!" Shoo.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

Yeah someone who buys the game for the first time and disconnects after their 3rd of 4th game to find out that they’re perma banned, good one.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I Don't know where you've been reading but what I've seen is people wanting harsher punishments for DCs. Which is what should happen.

How they handle DCs is too relaxed. If you intentionally DC from a Game you ruin 4 others trial and should be punished for it. I'd suggest a timer to rejoin a lobby if you DC, your % of matches DC'd in a timeframe adds to the timer.

There's a growing trend of people DCing as soon as they go down because they get mad, It needs to stop. Also yes they can tell when you DC intentionally and when you crash.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited April 2019
    Options

Usually, when someone claims something, they provide something to back it up.

Telling others to look it up themself is silly.

I mean, you claim the majority wants it, right?

Then first of all, you should've seen those threads. Why not link those?

Secondly, "the majority" would mean it's not hard to find at all. "Looking it up" now sounds lazy and like a lie.

Thirdly, using common sense, it's an absurd claim anyway. Cases like holding the game hostage will move the punishment to the one taken hostage for example.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked.

Not because of you or your lie, but because of the backlash you'll draw in.

• TheBestia
    TheBestia Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019
    Options

Instead of punishing for disconnecting they should address the reasons that bring people to disconnect! Disconnection isnt the problem, is the only solution we where able to find to the problem! (the game is unbalanced)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Dozens of threads?

Link them, then I believe you

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

There would be no players left, everyone has DC'd at some point whether through the games habit of not loading you in, poor Internet or on purpose.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

The reason is that you having a bad game and its completely your fault and you want to skip to the next game as soon as possible by disconnecting denying other side a taste of win.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    Options

@Zraith LOL

@Sythalin someone on this forum said a couple days ago that people who DC should just be paired with each other next round. Killers and survivors alike. Let them keep matching with each other and see how they like it. LOL I like that idea personally because I don't believe in punishing DCs since it is still possible to get necessary ones. Also because I get sick of going against or teaming with survivors who have idiot names like

Toxic Killer=DC

Noed=DC

Legion/Nurse=DC

Camping/Tunneling=DC

Honestly I think they will get salty over more things than just what's in their name.

Once there was a Laurie that joined my game, I was a survivor and she named herself "Toxic Killer=DC" and I made a joke like "Lol a laurie named that, I bet she has selfcare and decisive". Then when the game was loading she DC'd to three man us and I bet it was because of what I said. End game lobby comes and she HAD SELF CARE AND DECISIVE AND DELIVERANCE AND WGLF and a toolbox with good addons. It's obvious she wanted to farm and didn't want the killer interfering with it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

people would not complain this much about one DC, if there wouldnt be hundrets of people out there abusing this mechanic and annoying everyone with it.

no one says they want someone to get punished for DCing once or twice, but the people who DC any time something isnt going as they want it to should get punished.

DbD =/= Disconnect before Downed.

ppl should start realizing that.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I have been on these forums for a long time and aside from this thread I've yet to see anyone saying 1 DC should = a permaban. Seems you are either not fully reading what people want or are adding a ton of exaggeration in an attempt to get some drama from it. Mission accomplished I suppose.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

What if the DC was caused cuz a fire in my house? 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2019
    Options

Pretty sure everyone who was serious suggested incrimental timed bans. But okay.

5 min, 15 min, 30 min, hour, 3 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour, 3 day, week, etc.

Reset on shrine or daily depending on how far the climb goes.

Would cover accidental DCs as most dont accidentally DC 5 times a day. DC bug should be fixed as well.

Edit: after reading it again, and seeing responses from OP saying "literally every thread wants permaban" I'm concluding this is just bait.

• Nobody95
    Nobody95 Member Posts: 93
    Options

Well, I partly agree with the DC, when the survivor game happened to play with a camper / tunnelero killer. For that DC shot and another match faster than fast

• Slayer
    Options

Same goes for killer when survivors tunnel gens or camping hook waiting till the very end for killer to leave

• Slayer
    Options

Disconnecting from a game is a feature and there s no need for punishment for that from devs side cause you see when people disconnect it means they have no wish to play furthermore you cant do anything there to force someone to play. It means if they wont disconnect they will suicide they will give up on playing furthermore.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019
    Options

Permaban no but punishments yes.

1 = Warning

2 DC within 10 games = 50% BP reduction for 5 games.

3 DC within 15-20 games = 50% BP Reduction AND Account XP reduction for 5 games.

5 DC within 30 games = 1 day ban.

And before you start the REEEE wave "OMG my connection was bad that night" stop playing, stop being selfish you shouldn't inconvenience everyone else.

Go play Skyrim, Civ 5 or watch TV for one night it won't kill you.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

It seems like the discussion is getting out of hand so I'll shine some light on a dark room. Seriously, banning on the first DC is not the right way to go about things because there are legitimate reasons to DC. For example, what would do if a killer blocked you in the basement? You can't DC because of the perma ban so you're forced to wait till the killer leaves.

We just need a queue penalty, that's all! :)

• seieitt
    seieitt Member Posts: 4
    Options

you spot while human beings disconnect it manner they have no want to play moreover you cant do anything there to pressure someone to play. It approach if they wont disconnect they may suicide with latest game codes of fortnite surrender on playing furthermore.

• seieitt
    seieitt Member Posts: 4
    Options

you spot while human beings disconnect it manner they have no want to play moreover you cant do anything there to pressure someone to play. It approach if they wont disconnect they may suicide with latest game codes of fortnite surrender on playing furthermore.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

That sounds like a horrible idea. I got yesterday randomly without any reason a Dc. My connection was fine, ping and hardware was fine. I just got kicked out by Dbd itself and got a penatly, maybe the server lost me for some reason. But now I should get perm banned for that? With a 100k stable connection? Nice sounds fair xD

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

DBD would be dead within 24 hours lol; playerbase would drop by like 95% because no one would even want to invest the time money or effort into a game that they would be permabanned from as soon as something went wrong xD

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

No.

But in all honesty, i'd be okay with players always having a 30 minute ban, similar to most mobas when you leave the game.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

What a wonderful idea! I should definetly get permabanned because yesterday the game crashed.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

If you want to punish those who DC multiple times deliberately. The best solution is to give a penalty worthy of exactly that. Punishment is key.

If you DC 3 times in one rank reset it should tell you that any more then you'll face a ban until next rank reset.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

That feel when your power dies, your game dies from permaban. XD