The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs its time to do something about the dc epidemic

ricardo
ricardo Member Posts: 53

Dc issue is came to a point where the game is actually unplayable right now. Just do something for f.sake how hard can it be to implement some punishment system, like cooldown,soft ban etc. I played 6-7 games today and this is the result:

You know whats funny, i didnt play legion or nurse because people instanly dc against these 2 killers but as you can see people dont need a reason to dc anymore. They just DC because why not ?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Those are old, except for the survivor ones. And looking at that Huntress build, you're not expecting them to stay are you? You probably had instahatchets. Second one, old windstorm with an uncloak speed addon, tinkerer made the speed super fast to uncloak. Third one, either the old instashock or some other bs.

For the survivor one, the map doesn't look like the modern variation that's for sure.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Exactly, people need to stop they DC cuz of legion cuz it's not.

They DC whenever they get the chance, and destroy the fun of everyone, not just the killer

• Poweas

DC wasn't even an issue back then, please provide some more modern examples.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited April 2019

It's an ongoing issue and kinda seem like beating a dead horse currently when we mention it, but the basic idea is people realised they wouldn't get punished from it when Legion dropped, and the fact that alot of streamers (Even some fog whisperers mind you) started doing it on stream and never got punished for it, pushed more and more players to do it themselves.

The current Legion rework won't adress this issue either, even if some people like to claim it will.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited April 2019

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience but DCs will be punished harder once dedicated servers are released. However, on the bright side, BHVR does have a system that flags a player for DC'ing more than a % of their games. Once players are flagged, ACMs will administer a temporary ban according to the escalation below:

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

This make no sense

The report system said you can report rage quitting

Heck, why you get punish for reporting in a first place!?

That's like i report to police for terrorist attack but police shoot at me instead

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Poweas You are saying it is ok to dc because the killer uses a specific perk/add-on setup?

• Poweas

Ok @NoShinyPony and @EntityDispleased you completely misunderstood me. God it annoys the hell out of me how people seem to misunderstand me so much.

What I'm saying is, that these are old, and DC's were very uncommon back then, and survivors would only really DC from a killers build (not like now, when they DC from anything) and most likely, he had a really toxic build or annoying playstyle to get that much DC's back then when it was rare.

Like he must have used something so annoying to get that. I'm not defending DC's since they suck the fun out of my killer games so much, but back then, he must have done something really bad to make that happen considering how old it is.

It's not OK to DC to a specific build and I sure as hell aint no entitled survivor main @EntityDispleased so stfu and ask respectfully, but there's a high chance they would have DC'd to what he ran. Since who tf DC's to the old Wraith? That's pathetic. He must have ran something or done something to annoy them.

But it's unlikely to get that much DC's unless he ran something annoying or was ultra toxic. I just chose the likely option.

And @ricardo get your facts straight before assuming I am defending DC's and tell me ######### u did to them, since to get just 1 dc back then, was extremely rare.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Poweas Well, you wrote: "And looking at that Huntress build, you're not expecting them to stay are you?" Of course that sounds like you were defending dc's against annoying perk/add-on builds. If you don't mean it that way, that's fine. Thank you for clarifying.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

These photos are old. Provide modern photos and we can talk.

• Poweas

@NoShinyPony oh I meant survivors are really likely to DC to that. 🤣🤣🤣

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

add rank rewards...

• Crash_Override
    Crash_Override Member Posts: 8

Combining the lack of incentive to raise Rank, the lack of real punishment for DC'ing and the state of the game..yeah, I'd say DC'ing is an epidemic right now. I can't speak for anyone else, but I played about...14-15 matches so far this morning, and had exactly TWO that saw all four survivors to the end...I'm also counting first hook suicides, which are also common, cause you actually get BP for those. At this point, I run my build around the hatch game. I think I've touched an exit gate like...once, maybe twice in the past few days? Load in, first person gets found...they get downed, DC. 5 gens, 3 survivors...if the killer is a potato, then we get 3-4 gens done by the time everyone's pretty much dead but usually, the remaining survivors stop giving a sh*t about the match once the first DC's.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I find it astonishing that I can get 4 survivor DCs if I play Legion without using any exploits or overpowered addons, but people don't DC against ruin+instasaw slugging hillbillies.

I'm sure that a 5 minute timeout for a DC and/or a small deduction of bloodpoints would not be difficult to implement and would alleviate most of the habitual DCing.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I used to be in the "leave DC's alone" camp. But taking a mental break from the game and seeing clearer now that I'm not constantly dipped in the toxic cesspool that is this game's community - I've changed my mind.

Most DC's I see are clearly ragequits. It's time to put a stop to that. And you can start with the streamers that do it.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

No one wants to play against overpowered things.

Just like killers dodge, you think it's okay to be 20 minutes finding a match only because killer are a baby and want the 4k?