Killers shouldn’t be able to close hatch if opened by a key

Options
FengMinEqualsWin
FengMinEqualsWin Member Posts: 91
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

I’m fine with the change of killers closing hatch becaus to my understanding if they do that i can open gates but if a survivor were to open hatch with a key i think it shouldn’t be able to be closed. Thoughts?

Comments

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

Why not?

All survivors can leave through the hatch. Should he just stand by and wave?

Even if some try to abuse this by triggering the collapse the rest of the survivors still can open the gates and escape. The only downside is, they cannot repair gens anymore and depending how the endgame collapse influence pips and points they will lose some meaningless numbers.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019
    Options

Doesn't really matter as swf will meet up and not open it till its worth doing so and solo will still have to wave hoping the others see the key and follow.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

The thing is the following. Imagine a Survivor opening the hatch in front of the Killer. If they cant close it, then the Killer would just stand on top of the hatch for the 30 seconds it remains open (or the rest of the match if gates are powered). Survivors can now freely escape through the exit gates or something. Otherwise, they die to the collapse. Now, imagine if the Killer chooses to close the hatch. The other Survivors have to open the gates and escape before the collapse.

So, basically, there is no difference between a Killer closing the hatch or not if a Survivor opened it with a key. If either of these scenarios happen, then the remaining Survivors will have to use the exit gates anyway.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

Do you want a hatch standoff?

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

Does Hatch still spawn like it does now? In the video they said when only one survivor is left, no matter how many generators are left, the hatch will spawn.

If this is true then keys will only be able to be used when the killer closes the hatch and activates end game.

I actually like that change to be honest.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    Options

Currently, hatches opened with a key close themselves.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Hatch closes after a bit anyways, so you will be creating a hatch standoff with this

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited April 2019
    Options

Looking at it both ways, the Killer should be allowed to get away with this.

It narrows down to who is in the wrong here. Is it the Killer for closing the hatch against who is left? Is it the Survivor who brought the key and abandoned their teammates? Well, in my thoughts, it is the Survivor. While others shouldn't be punished for someone else trying to toy with the Killer by getting a free escape, it should also be noted that the other Survivors shouldn't be given an easy escape as well. These new end-game perks can help make perks such as Wake Up more useful in these situations. METAs need to change and so does gameplay. SWFs need to communicate more, Killers need to work more, and altogether, we all need to change the way we play. The new end-game collapse is a great edition to the game, both as a Killer and Survivor player, and I love it. :)

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

This is Bait Son.

Survivors about to get the hatch to open even with Zero Gen's done.

Still thinks killers shouldn't be able to do anything about Hatch.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

Why not just... have a timer on it? Maybe like a fifteen seconds timer maximum, but that would be with only the best addons.

Considering that in addition that, the killer closing the hatch will open the exit gates— personally, I welcome this change, as it has been long-needed.

We should wait until we actually have some hands on the gameplay, otherwise firsthand experience, which the PTB for such will launch tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

What good reason do you have for this change?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

The FAQ they wrote on the announcement post said that everything else about how the Hatch spawn remains unchanged. The only thing that is changing is that the Hatch will always spawn and be open once there is one Survivor remaining.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Thx for that information.

The video indeed can be understand that the Hatch will only spawn when only one Survivor is left, meaning that there is no Hatch camping possible. So it will still be possible and Keys still make sense. I like that.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

If you don't like it, go get another key

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

And the killer should be more powerful.... this is getting old..... because a survivor stumbles upon the hatch with either a lucky key found in match or they decided to bring it in and escape the other 2 get to escape as well? No the killer should be able to close after a key is used...

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited April 2019
    Options

Personally, I think it adds an intensity to the end game. I think it would make for interesting scenarios— such as knowing whether or not to leave, and so on. It adds an interesting new level of gameplay; in my opinion. It makes perks that are tied to the endgame much more valuable, (even if some are being changed) and makes survivors push for cleansing totems, just in case NOED is ran. Not only that, but I think it just fits the game. Comparing to how survivors have/had the ability to hold the game hostage indefinitely, this patch offers a new mechanic which I like. A new phase is something I’ve always wanted, and I’m glad it handles a variety of other issues (such as survivor looking for hatch, holding game hostage), but the pressure between both sides is higher than ever. Plus, the floor is lava.

However, now that I am rereading this thread, I agree. This change (as the key change), isn’t necessary. If you do wish for such to happen, I believe it would only last to 5 seconds AT MOST. If you want hatch, you should start lookin go immediately.

EDIT:Grammatical Mistakes.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

Keys are dumb and shouldn’t exist anyway. Same with one hook moris. They’re too powerful.

As a killer main if I see a key in the lobby I’m hunting that person down and making sure they die.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Given the gates get powered if the hatch gets closed by the killer, I fail to see how this is a problem. You get the option of 2 exits that the killer now has to cover and plenty of time to get out.

Seems fair to me

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I just read that, Thank you I misunderstood the Video.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Just wait till it’s safe and then open it.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

no i liken the change of being able to close hatch but skeleton keys are still ultra rare so i thought it would be a cool addition i can see your one sided so i doesn’t even matter NO BAIT

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

Key shouldn't exist in the first place ;)

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

it would also give pressure to survivors to guess whether or not that hatch is closable or to go for a safer exit gate

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

There'd be no need to guess as it just means all Survivors can just do the same 'ol jump in Hatch together strategy knowing the Killer can't stop it.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

same with moris NOTHING YOU CAN DO to stop that? how fair is that? Not At All

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

You literally cannot pip as killer if you use a mori

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Moris are offerings, not items, you can't really compared them.

As for the Hatch you should be able to open it even if it's via a key, otherwise it would be stupid.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

same rarity for skeletons and your ebony moris even though you have three variations and they both change the game to a different extents so basically they are the same :)

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Also 2 wrongs don't make a right. I would absolutely be down for removing Mori's and Keys.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Fine, then i consider both okay with how rare they are and that they technically work the same way:

You needs hooks use moris, and you need gens (In most scenarios) to use the key.

Still no point in being unable to close the hatch if it's opened by a key, it would be ridiculous, especially since it will force the killer to either risk more hatch escape, or closing it to start the endgame once the collapse is live.

So it's fine, to me that is.

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330
    Options

In that same sense survivors shouldn’t be able to open with a key after killer closes it what part of broken hatch no one gets?

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496
    Options

What is with the flood of posts trying to take away everything a Killer can do?

Don't want Killers to see Survivors/items in the lobby.

Don't want Killers to camp (Nevermind that Survivors abused the anti-camp mechanic when it existed)

Don't want Killers to be able to close hatches.

Don't want Killers to use Franklin's Demise/Nerf Franklin's so Survivors no longer drop their items.

What's next? 'Dear DBD Devs; It's not fair that Killers can see us! Every Survivor should be invisible!' or 'Remove all Aura reading Killer perks!'

Hatch is fine.

No, a key should not 100% spawn at endgame. Survivors get the Hatch, and WIN if they find it First; a Killer gets 0 second chances once the Survivor finds the hatch. And THEN they can open 1 of 2 doors if the Hatch is closed. Seriously. Anything more is just being greedy.

No, the Killer should not be unable to close the hatch for any reason whatsoever. This leads to what was known as the 'Hatch Standoff'; a Survivor avoids the Killer's grab, and the Killer can't leave the hatch or he loses. Unless you do not want the old Killer ability to grab Survivors out of the hatch? Just want the Killer to do nothing while Survivors win because the Hatch is open?