So Endgame Isn't Changing in Any Meaningful Way

tehshadowman33
tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Only people who will die from endgame collapse are people who want to die from endgame collapse.

This feels like just a whole lot of bait-and-switch.

No secondary endgame objective. Stale meta is stale.

Literally just a timer.

A timer that doesn't mean anything because it sloooooowwwwwssss down to almost nothing when a survivor is in the dying/hooked state.

Comments

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

The endgame collapse has the goal to end swf and survivors taking games hostage by not leaving or playing the objective.

Now you as the killer can close the hatch and create a better dynamic to chase down the last survivor.

The killer can open the gates if he want to end the game faster and some killer can take advantage of the endgame collapse.

Piggy, Trapper, High mobility Killers like Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Hag.

It's a fun way to end a match.

This way the end of the match at max takes 3 min if the killer does nothing. But if they actively interact with each other both sides will have fun.

I repeat: the objective of the endgame collapse is not add secondary goals, it is to push hidden and hostage taking survivors out of the gates. Maybe 1 out of 100 games someone dies to the collapse, but that's fine.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Removing the Hatch stand-off is a plus to me.

• tatterz
    tatterz Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2019

Now in a 1v1 situation, killers have the upper hand. Just close the hatch to power the gates and activate your lovely NOED perk. With Whispers, the last survivor will never escape.

You can now activate NOED every game, even if no gens get done loool

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Its a 3 minute timer to tell you how long you have left to t-bag the killer at the gate... that's pretty much it, but hey, at least killers can close the hatch now.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

I wish it also got rid of slugging for the 4 man, hate that.

Zero intrest in being on the ground for 4 mins with little hope of rescue.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

It's a great addition, and exciting as well. Why be so negative about it? The purpose was to end the game that was already over, without people hanging around/hiding out in the map so the killer's running around pointlessly. It satisfies its intended purpose.

• Sergei_K
    Sergei_K Member Posts: 43

Let's imagine that the hatch spawn near to the gate.

Killer is a Trapper or Wraith or any other killer which not able to quickly drop survivor to the dying state.

Survivor not injured.

And what's the point of closing the hatch? Make survivor escape the gate? I don’t see any difference with just giving a hatch escape.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited April 2019

@Sergei_K They still have to open the gates.

If you run whispers they'll never be able to open it because it'll turn off if they head to the other.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

the best thing is that survivors cant stay immersed in the weeds for no reason. this is enough for me.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

It removes hatch standoffs and gives killers a way to speed up the end of the game, or even straight up "concede" if they want to.

Ever just had enough as survivors genuinely go back into the map to loop with the gates open? Or think it's hilarious to play hide and seek? Just go afk, get something to drink or anything else that takes 3+ minutes, and when you come back you're guaranteed to be ready to start a new game.

• keenko
    keenko Member Posts: 62

I don’t think it was meant as a second objective. Only to remove toxic end game scenarios (hatch standoffs and SWFs griefing) while making the end game a bit more intense.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

The Hatch changes are the only changes that will have any impact, End game collapse doesn't help one side over the other, It's just there to get people to leave.

The Collapse isn't supposed to help the killer get kills. It's to punish people who stay behind when there's an open exit gate already there to leave. Death by collapse will be a very rare occasion.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

While it removes hatch standoffs, the 2 generators rule for the last survivor will be removed aswell meaning absolutely free escapes will be possible unless the killer closes it first.

Survivors jumping in the hatch the second it opens will still happen tho.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited April 2019

The whole idea is to place a timer on the end of the match. I think it should work out well myself.

To me.. One of the biggest frustrations was the end game and the amount of time you waste. For me it was one of the main reasons I never even bothered with killer for over a year.

Knowing the match is coming to an end one way or the other is way better than spending 8 minutes in the match, only to spend over 10 minutes trying to get that last few survivor out... Or even a group of them out that won't leave.

The end game is just a timer to wrap up the end... All the extra stuff in it makes it more thematic.

Those that die are those that needed to leave.. either they needed to be more aggressive in finding the hatch.. or cause the game was over and they just stuck around to milk some points.

If they are getting hooked and the timer being slowed is just a bonus to allow the killer to finish up the match.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036

The problem were not the Survivors teabagging at the gate (besides that, if you get triggered by that, you are as immature as the Teabaggers). You can simply hit them out.

The bigger problem were the Survivors stealthing around the map, either to simply take the game hostage (which was the minority, to be fair), or to find the Hatch for some Extra Points. Those were the Survivors the Killer does not really have a realistic chance to find, but those cannot stay there forever like they can right now.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This! If all endgame does is saves me 5 minutes a few times a day from people urban evasioning around the map looking for the hatch and an extra 2k I’ll be happy

• tehshadowman33

I was under the impression that by closing the hatch, the exit gates (both of them) automatically open up.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@tehshadowman33 nope. They just get powered, but the Survivor still needs the 20 second channel to open them.

• tehshadowman33

I would like to know the hard numbers though of how long it would take the bar to fully drain if lets say... Someone's in dying state as soon as an exit gates is opened.

It's pretty obvious that a survivor will bleed out to death or die by hook progression long before the endgame collapse timer goes off.

In terms of rarity, Pig's Reverse Bear Trap kills and Survivors Kobe'ing will happen with much more frequency than an Endgame collapse going off. I find this funny, but yes, I'm aware that the endgame collapse is NOT a mechanic to guarantee survivors die, but merely to stop griefing/toxic play.

I wanna know if you can close hatch if someone uses a skeleton key.

• tehshadowman33
    edited April 2019

Oh? That's actually pretty good then. If this is going to be a game mechanic, then they'll need to make it fair by changing the exit gate locations on some maps, or put up vision blockers.

Some maps both gates are on one side.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Yeah if the hatch is opened with a Key the killer can still close it to activate the end game. You'll be able to reopen it afterwards aswell.

Was answered in the end game collapse news thread on the QA.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Hatch standoff is gone and you are punished for lingering

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Honestly I don't think many people see it but there is a ton of over altruism that goes into the endgame but with endgame collapse it will be ruined I could turn a 1k into a 4k very easily due to over altruism at endgame but now they will just leave.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I am holding off judgement of Endgame until PTB. I want to see how it plays out in a few actual games.