Plague Is Dogshit

Completely useless in red ranks.

She was fine on PTB.

Now she's even weaker.

You can't make a build that covers enough of her weak points: If you go for gen stall build, your chase sucks and vice versa. Oh, don't forget about finding survivors, because she sucks at that too!

It doesn't matter if you're broken on unhook. It has zero impact on the game with all the 2nd chance perks being meta (Deliverance, Decisive Strike, etc,). The increased movement speed while charging vs the PTB is not even a comparable buff to losing movement speed when fully charged up nerf.

Spirit was weak on PTB.

Got buffed into relevance.

Midchapter patch had better have some Plague buffs.

Can BHVR please make NotQueen the lead designer already? She's the only one who seems to understand killer balance.

Answers

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

A basic tip for plague: You don't want the survivors to be OK with not healing. You want to pressure them just enough so that they will want to use fountains constantly. I can't tell you how much I HATE plagues that manage to do that to me and usually I'm the sickness ignoring gen jockey if my teammates do lose their marbles.

These are the first builds I'd wanna make on her perk wise when I get enough shards for her; so please take it with a grain of salt because I don't know how people normally build plagues:

** Discordance, Agitation, Bbq, Ruin

*** Discordance, Tinkerer, Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden

*** Thanatophobia, Ruin, Infectious Fright, BBQ (or Stridor or Whispers; whichever works best with this)

Add on wise: Increase infection duration on objects and whatever else. The idea I have in mind is to make it so that even if they are desperate enough or willing to get themselves infected they'll want to clean off asap before they can get broken and downed.

I've once seen a plague with overcharge or PGTW that was pretty hardcore, wish I remembered her build.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

This killer just isn't for me I tried playing her but learned I would be better playing low tier killers than her

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

I think I have a decent plague build, well at least it's been working for me lately.

Perks: Pop Goes The Weasel, Bamboozle, Discordance, Ruin

Add-ons: Ashen Apple(or blessed apple) & Incensed Ointment

Basically, you use an apple add-on so you can go grab your corrupt purge at the beginning of the match and then head over to whichever gen discordance lights up and down a survivor with it. Then after hooking them break the gen with PGTW, rinse w/ vomit & repeat.

I agree though she needs a little boost for the mid-chapter patch so she's more viable and not so add-on dependent. I find that whole "Throw up on them until they're broken" strategy to be really ineffective and time-consuming.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

The perks I ran (before I prestiged her) were ruin, pgtw, stbfl, and overcharge. It worked out pretty well most of the time

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2019

I'm doing fine in red ranks. Y'all are bad.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited April 2019

Am i the only one who think she would be better if they remove corrupt purge and insta heal fountain? And buff sickness

Her insta healing REALLY ruining her gameplay and sometime she is too busy to move to red fountain and equip her corrupt purge (Which can remove if you get stun make it even more useless)

Also if you're smart and good at chase/loop, they can ignore the fountain and start gen rush while killer can only do M1

Doctor can do better than her since his madness can track you and is very useful sometime

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

She'd be better if she could gain corrupt purge without having to travel to that specific fountain.

Rebalance around it. Maybe press ctrl within 32 m of used fountain?

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

LOL, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to buy her with shards or just use money. I'm still at 0 devotion. One thing I don't understand about her for real are her add ons. I don't know why they couldn't at least add hindered and blindness. Because exhaustion on her puke would be pretty brutal imo. Or make add ons so when people use her fountains, they can get penalties for it like exhaustion for 40 seconds or something.

See, you guys are probably the kind of plags that can have me and my teams having mental breakdowns if the map control is good.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2019

Her movement speed needs to be reverted and survivors need to gain more infection when running, using infected pallets, etc.

Or, she could get help with pallets. Maybe change her Black Incense addon to make it destroy infected pallets after a certain amount of time?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I agree. She is a bottom 3 Killer. Only Leatherface and Legion are worse than Plague.

Yeah, she can quickly put a Survivor in the Broken state, but after that she becomes a powerless 115% Killer who can easily be looped. Corrupt Purge is strong but if you hide from her when it's active, she won't be able to use it. The Survivors can also get a free instaheal by cleansing the sickness. I'm trying to get her Adept but it's extremely difficult due to how bad she is and she only has one good perk. Infectious Fright tells you that someone's nearby and can possibly give you an extra down (however I think it should show auras instead of just showing the location). Survivors will just hide while Corrupt Intervention is active and Dark Devotion can easily be avoided by looking around and listening for the Killer's breathing. Her nerfs and the requirements for the Adept Killer achievements need to be undone. She was hit too hard by the nerfs. Getting Merciless with her and the new ranking system is nearly impossible in the current build. I actually managed to get really close to Merciless one time, only to be screwed over because she has nothing against gen rush and the pip system is steaming garbage (I had Silver Gatekeeper, the other three Emblems were Iridescent).

• tehshadowman33
    edited April 2019

Fun facts:

1) If a survivor is broken and slugged, they'll get up once Adrenaline goes off. Totally fun!

2) There's an invincibility time survivors get after being hit with Corrupt Purge. You can't hit a survivor with corrupt purge twice in rapid succession unless you wait a bit! Totally fair!

3) Hitting/Downing multiple survivors at one time with Corrupt Purge only gives you a scoring event for hitting/downing one survivor! How thrifty!

4) If a survivor heals using a fountain, you won't know which fountain it is unless it's the first fountain used in the match. Likewise, same as survivors, you cannot see all fountains on the map at any one time, you'll only see some when you're close enough for them to be within drawing distance.

PLAGUE IS DOGSHIT BAD.

At least Wraith has good map pressure 2nd only to Billy or Nurse from being able to get across the map, plus Wraith denies pallets by body blocking.

What does Plague do? Make people broken. WOW! SO GOOD! /s

• tehshadowman33

I would say it's controversial, but hear me out.

Leatherface, in some cases, is actually better than Plague.

If you've got super competent survivors (ones who would never use a fountain) and a map like sheltered woods, which has lots of open areas, then Leatherface is better.

You won't waste time applying broken status, you'll just get your instant down and then straight to hook. Waiting to get someone broken wastes time. Leatherface also can mindgame pallets to make people drop them early, so you can get to break them faster with his chainsaw... Plague can't do that.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2019

Leatherface slows down to about a 97% movement speed when charging his chainsaw...you have to be RIGHT BEHIND the survivor to even have a chance of hitting them.

Survivors not cleansing themselves does NOT make them competent. It just makes it so Plague can one shot them with a melee attack. It is a trade off because they will always be broken and very vulnerable.

Plague only slows to a 110% movement speed when charging her power and can afflict the broken status effect in one puke stream (with the right add-ons) and hit the survivor with a melee and easily down them in seconds.

Plague isn’t even as bad as people claim she is. She’s mid tier, about on the same level as Myers.

Leatherface mindgaming pallets? Please. He wastes time charging his chainsaw and if the survivor doesn’t drop the pallet then he is back to square one and lost a bunch of distance on the survivor. It only works on survivors who panic and drop pallets when the killer is 15 feet behind them. Leatherface is not a viable killer at Rank 1.

Plague isn’t very viable either but she has more going for her than Leatherface does.

Open maps benefit both of these killers.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

I've been having the most success with this build.

Haunted Ground, Ruin, BBQ, and Surveillance. The only reason I'm running bbq is because I don't have Monitor and Abuse yet.

Haunted Ground is essential for early game pressure. Survivors don't expect it like... ever.

Ruin... for obvious reasons.

Monitor allows you to get closer to the survivors before they react to your terror radius. This will net you some easy downs.

Surveillance/BBQ for finding survivors. Surveillance enhances the Plague's ability to defend generators and imo is one of her most underrated strengths.

Her iridescent seal add-on makes her insanely strong since you get corrupt purge every time a generator is completed.

Severed Toe is highly underrated as well. If you are sure the survivor will throw down the pallet in the next few seconds, try to land some vomit on the pallet and them for some spicy sickness levels.

Infected and Vile Emetic are also a great combo for insta-sickness.

Overall I think she's pretty decent even against red ranks. She's certainly not "dog #########".

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I think the plague is good. If someone uses the insta heal you can do more with her red puke than any other ability in the game. Because that is so OP players don't heal at fountains often and she becomes an M1 killer. If they made sickness more anoying (and it isn't that hard because it already sucks) and made vile purge weaker so players would use fountains she would be fine.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

If ANYONE could make a reasonable argument on why the Plague isn't at least top 7 I'd be grateful. Like srsly.

The downplay in these forums is ridiculous, and she isn't even hard enough to play to explain it.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

Maybe, have you ever considered, that its the player, not the killer for once?

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

If you can't do well with Plague, you're probably just boosted.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

I see plague on ptb and think well that killer is even strong or at least mid tier killer.Buy her on premier start put in her a lots of points start play and was #########? Somthing is wrong later i read she got nerf devs know why!?! Witg next dlc i dont buy hell no way i feel i was cheat by devs.Every one alredy forgot plague i see legion often.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

While she's hardly the best. I'd say she's in the top half of Killers due to her versatility alone.

She has offense from breaking survivors, even though the combo aspect was nerfed the fact that the broken status effect sticks if they don't take the time to give you an even STRONGER power means you probably won't even need it if you are spreading the sickness properly.

She has map pressure from vomiting on generators effectively injuring them and from having a ranged attack while using corrupt

She has tracking from seeing survivors being infected. It is actually one of the most skillful tracking methods due to the amount of game sense required to infect it.

Overall she's high skill mid-high reward. The fact that you need to do a lot to use her right (I certainly can't considering I'm not maining her) and yet still isn't top tier (unlike Nurse or Spirit who are other High skill killers) is probably a big part in why more people don't player.

If I were to buff her I would do 1 or more of these 4 things:

A: Remove the insta-heal but replace the broken effect with exposed

B: Make the sickness timer visible to the Killer

C: Increase the rate at which actions produce sickness drastically

D: Increase the projectile velocity

I feel like any of these 4 changes would be far more interesting than a MS buff.

• tehshadowman33
    edited April 2019

Seriously, you all must be completely delusional.

Plague is #########.

You can do more with Wraith.

Huntress is pretty much leagues above Plague.

• tehshadowman33

I can easily do way more with Wraith, a killer typically thought of as lower middle tier at best.

She's garbage tier.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Maybe it's because Wraith is easy as ######### and you're not as good as you believe you are?

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

That’s your opinion. Many people believe Plague is in the upper half of the tier list. If you don’t like then don’t play her, it’s that simple. I think Freddy and Trapper are AWFUL and boring as hell to play but I’m not up here complaining about them.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

For the life of me, I don’t understand how people can claim Plague is fine let alone upper tier when everything she can do, another killer can do better. Even Freddy! People say Freddy is weak (and yes, he is) but you can do so much with him when he’s not being exploited by dirty survivors.

Plague needs buffs.

Tbh I think people who say she’s fine are only saying it because it’s in their best interest as mainly survivor players to keep her as toothless as possible.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

I know @gantes had already said it, but I have to repeat it!

To someone who think The Plague is bad and even think she's a low tier killer, and evem think she's worst than Freddy, good luck sticking a Plague whose fully charged her Vile Purge. You're just gonna get insta-downed from full stream and basic attack.

She's better than Huntress at high wall loops because she's faster and neither of them can hit their powers on high loops. If the Survivors don't use the fountain, they're broken against a basic movement speed killer. If you don't down Survivors who don't use fountain, I'm sorry, but you're the one who sucks, not the Plague.

After someone is saved from the hook in the early game you got two survivors infected. And if they used the fountain, you become Huntress on steroids for a while. If you can't down someone before two Corrupt Purges ended, again, you suck, not the Plague.

Just because you can't brain-dead steamroll through loops doesn't mean the killer is bad ffs.

And before people start complaining about gen rush with her, every killer whose not Nurse or Hillbilly struggles against gen rush as well!

• tehshadowman33

OK, I found a build that actually works.

Throw Thanatophobia into your build. You force survivors to use fountains, otherwise generators take them long enough for you to patrol the map. They can't cheese the game while staying broken.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Is Plague the best killer? No. Is she a mid tier killer? Absolutely. She is not the worst killer to grace this game by a long shot.

She lacks what most mid tier killers do, which is strong map pressure. Myers, Clown, Wraith, Trapper, all of these guys carry poor map pressure, just like her. What they do have is good surprise and chase mechanics, just like her.

• NuclearBurrito

Plague actually has surprisingly good map pressure due to the vial object duration buff. Its hardly the best but it's better than most Killers.

• NuclearBurrito

@tehshadowman33 I would like to point out that Huntress is top 5. Being below her isn't saying much.

Either way Plague is better that Wraith in almost every other way and definitely better than Freddy.

She has tracking, offense, map pressure and very little downsides. Yes her power slows her down a bit. But Freddie and the Wraith slow down even more. And have fewer benefits.

Definitely in the top half.

Huntress > Myers = Plague

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

I don’t disagree, as there is some pressure, but as she spews on more and more objects it becomes difficult to keep track of. It is better than most killers for sure, but unfortunately not enough to propel her higher.

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2019

@tehshadowman33

You again? The one who dun even know how to play The Plague properly and talks ######### over her?

Ha, why am I not surprise?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/56204/huntress-leatherface-plague/p1

• feelsEUmang
    feelsEUmang Member Posts: 50

plagues is garbage, as soon as u reach green/purple ranks, u rarely see her, maybe 1-3x out of 50 games.

survivors who know how to loop and don't feel pressured being 1 shot, destroy her.

just don't give her her power and all she can do is being a m1 killer with no power.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

You basically play her as a M1 killer now imo, and use your power like Billy, get right behind the survs to puke on them so they can't dodge it and pray for the puke to get them to broken ASAP.

Her huge flaw is that she needs good addons for the puke to deal enough "damage" that you don't waste alot of time in chases.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

If you can't down someone who don't use fountain, I'm sorry, but that means you're the one who's Garbage, not The Plague!

I don't have any problems playing her at red ranks, even if they're not trying to use the fountains!

Garbages: NOED unhealthy pls nerf

Garbages against The Plague: Just don't cleanse against Plague and stay broken lol useless power

Okay, so what's your point, pal? Huh, huh? You rather get yourself one shot by Plague but complain about Noed, which was the same (one shot)? what's your point, huh? People like these in this forum were so hideous!

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I believe it was you who said it in a previous thread (it might not have been though). (Paraphasing to best of my memory)

The Forums: Nerf NoED its OP

Also the Forums: Counter the Plague by not cleansing

Genius!

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Ever considered that maybe you're dogsh*t?

• tehshadowman33

I've found that using Thanatophobia and Pop Goes the Weasel on Plague makes her bearable to play. It's the only way to deal with everyone nowadays ignoring fountains.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This is what’s I noticed, and I started thinking “if I can be on someone long enough to break them I could’ve just chainsaw downed them instead.”