confess time: what you hate about dbd

Options
adamn
adamn Member Posts: 217

i’m interested to hear your opinions. i would like to hear what you absolutely hate about this game. if you’re a killer main, say “killer main, i hate [blank]” or survivor “survivor main, i hate [blank]”, or if you play both killer and survivor state what you hate on both sides. with this, maybe the devs can make solid changes to make the game better.

Comments

• tgrab
    tgrab Member Posts: 70
    Options

Hate when killers dodge survive with friends in combination with the stupid long que times for swf, means me and the bois gotta search for another half an hour

• keenko
    keenko Member Posts: 62
    Options

Survivor main, i don’t like the staler aspects of the game. the bulk of perks being so beyond bad or situational that the meta is unchanging and the lack of engaging gameplay outside of chases. i also dont like the contradicting philosophy of what is and isn’t balanced and how poorly thought out certain ideas from the devs are.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I play both.

I hate boring mechanics such as gen-rush and camping. However, they are a gameplay tactics so I'll deal with it :(

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Totem spawns as killer

Memento Mori as survivor

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Nerfs for already weak killers.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

Stale Meta: Going against the same perks every single game.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Gen Speeds/Meta killers/Gen rush meta.

I'd like a world where every match is 10-20 minutes and all killer tiers are irrelevant because all killers are viable against all levels of survivor.

Where people don't instantly jump to how good/bad is the new killer. One tier the killer tier.

Kinda like what survivors have now they're all the same no one debates them.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

I play both/Play Survivor more than Killer recently.

I hate how easy mode and carefree this game feels most of the time as a Survivor compared to how generally stressful and difficult (and tilting) it can be to play a Killer.

Someone is being chased? Free Gen.

Door is open? GL to killer trying to stop me from escaping.

Oh look Corn!

Sure getting tunneled doesn't feel good but it isn't stressful and, for me at least, doesn't make me want to not play the role for a while.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

Hatch campers

Seriously, when there is 1 gen left they just stay around the hatch waiting for you to die...

• Zefier
    Zefier Member Posts: 23
    Options

Killer main here.

The DCs, good lord the DCs. Seriously I am a beginner killer who has one teachable perk so far who primarily plays hag or level 1 killers and I still have survivors DCing the moment I down them for the first time, which just makes me feel bad for the rest of the survivors.

If I was going in with Legion or an Ebony Mori sure, I get it.

But a level 1 Freddy / Doctor?

A level 20 Hag? Seriously?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I play both sides quite a bit although I prefer playing killer. I don't main anything though.

What I hate is the unrewarding grind and fake economy the game has to keep people playing this game. Some killers need addons just to perform at a certain level and survivors only have access to certain tools if they spend a stupid amount of BP.

I do agree this game needs something to build towards to keep people playing but I despise the fact that the grind is centered around gameplay and balance rather than cool stuff for the game.

The shop was a nice addition that lessened that feeling but I wish there was stuff that tracked stats that you could show off for example. Apex Legends while an entirely different game has a nice progression system that made me feel indifferent about playing DBD.

Main gripe I have with DBD and have always had towards DBD but that's a given since grinding does nothing for me since I already have so many hours in the game. What brings me back is the gameplay not the grind.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

That mini-lag that places you some steps backwards letting the killer hit you when you had a chance to vault something

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Options
    1. The bad dev balance decisions
    2. The ultra long time the devs need to make changes
    3. bugs
    4. Bad ranking/matchmaking system
    5. MoM
  • ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I play both, though since the DC epidemic, I tend to go for killer more. Solo survivor is just too painful right now.

I absolutely hate the optimisation of the game. For the size of the maps, and mediocre (at best) graphics, the game just runs so horribly bad. I wish we had more graphic options to tweak things like V-Sync, AA, and so on.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

First person material

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Survivor tools that hard-counter very specific Killer powers (ex. Sabotaging Bear Traps, Flashlights erasing Hag Traps, Adrenaline waking up sleeping Survivors).

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I hate that the game is stagnant in its core gameplay. I hate that the game spends more time broken than stable these days. I hate a lot of the playerbase on both sides for generally being some of the most rude, aggressive, and disrespectful players I've ever met. I hate the dc epidemic and coldwind maps. That game's lackluster optimization.

I like Not_Queen and Peanits, they've been pretty decent. I like the concept of DBD and something things are executed pretty well. I like Legion in general and I Myers.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I hate the lack of balance eg.

*Killers are not balanced at all. Some are amazingly strong whilst others are useless

*Perks are not balanced at all. There is a very prominent meta on both sides due to lack of perk balancing, meaning people can't do fun builds successfully and it just takes away from what little variation the game has. No i'm not complaining about perks being OP, it's the opposite: too many perks have zero impact on the game.

*Addons are no balanced as some killers will be amazing without addons and useless without, whilst survivors addons can let them do things like insta heal. Addons should only have a small impact on the game, or should change the way the power / item is used. Aka addons that have positives and negatives so they change your playstyle.

*Lastly SWF is not balanced. A good SWF team is far stronger than a good solo team. This needs to be changed.

Due to all the above, it's difficult to bring out anything new in the game / make any changes, as in half the games it will be strong and half the games it won't. Take mettle of man for instance. Useless against a nurse, amazing against a freddy. It should be the oppsite. People say it's op but in fact it just doesn't work due to other inbalances in the game. If freddy were as strong as nurse, it wouldn't matter that it works better against him, as it would be a situational counter. The imbalance in this game is what divides the community, and makes it so hard to balance everything else. Devs need to work on the foundations of the game before trying to balance things that they just brought out.

TLDR: We can't balance anything new until we balance the core aspects of the game first

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

That it isn't that much of a horror game.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

That the bugs of the game might as well be in the patch notes as nerfs because of how long it takes them to get fixed.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I play both sides and what I hate the most in this game is the doc, because of how annoying madness is.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

How the power role at times doesn't seem that powerful, and coordinated SWF teams can do "almost" whatever they want.

The game is almost called Survive by Daylight at times.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Killer main

I just hate when matches go by super fast, that's about it

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

1.- campers

2.-leatherface that facecamp while charging hes chainsaw

3.-tunnelers

god help us all

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    Options

I play both but for killer it the totem placement. It a high risk but why does my totem spawn right in front of a survivor. For survivors it gonna be working with the killer and the hit boxes need to be fix . btw can they fixed the bugs instead of pushing out cosmetics i don't like the fact some objects changes to another color or that there invisible pallets

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

I want to add that I hate people that play this game who don't understand logical sense. They are unable or unwilling to objectively view things elsewhere.

It's me me me me and why why why.

It's a valid point in all things in the world today, not just in a silly game.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

I play both sides, what I hate the most as killer is some of the ridiculously long loops like Crotus Prenn Asylum middle building and how fast optimal SWFs can end the game.

As survivor what I hate the most are teammates DCing and killers camping when there are still 2+ generators left for no reason.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I play both and honestly I hate the stale meta. There is no uniqueness on builds. Killers and survivors typically run very similar builds over and over again. There is no imagination or creativity in how people try to create builds. It gets old seeing NOED, Ruin, on every killer and seeing DS(pre nerf), self care, MoM on every survivor. Come up with something new.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

It isn't as bad as it used to be. I agree somewhat.

Lesser used perks need buffed. It isn't like people can run 8 perks at once ya know. It's just 4.

Lots of strong perks makes people switch it up.

I still see a lot of Sprint Burst, Self Care, Mettle and DS or Adrenaline..

At least the SB, SC, DS and ADren meta is gone.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

- Selfish team mates

- Campers

- Tunnelers

- Hit boxes

- The toxicity of the community

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I hate my lag😫

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Hits through pallets on both sides.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Nerfs in general rather than finding alternatives, holding the game hostage, hatch standoffs.

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184
    Options

Simply just one thing: The ragequit mentality.

• seekingowl
    seekingowl Member Posts: 3
    Options

Survivor main

Most of my play time is after 9pm eastern and the 20 to 30 min wait times for a match are brutal and it only gets worse if you want to play with friends. The wait times are significantly longer with 2 to 4 players. Most times the killer will just dc right away anyhow and restart the whole process because they see your together. If the killer doesn't dc there is a good chance they have a slow internet connection and your character will be unable to perform actions or constantly get pushed to different locations exposing them. Most of my friends refuse to play the game because of this.

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26
    Options

Since I play a lot of games and not just DBD my only real complaint with the game is with the D3D crashes that occur on occasion. Balance changes, metas, OP perks or Killers......it's in every game. Nothing really new here.

I still think DBD is a very fun game and I play at least a few games every night. Almost had my Claudette "finished" and then they released two new Survivors.........the grind goes on.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170
    Options

Hit boxes

• Eryteis
    Eryteis Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2019
    Options

Black ward/mori : insta DC 1 or more survivors (loading screen)!

Same with BPS from killer 🤓

and i hate huntress :D "most annoying sound" in this game ;s

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Oh yeah, i also hate when barrels and other stuff spawns in weird place on maps, gets me stuck as a survivor when trying to loop at times, same when i try to mindgame near a pallet and end up being stuck on some random #########, i think i hate that more than the doc.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Killer main recently.

I certainly do dislike the devs' sense of balance sometimes.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

this is going to sound strange. But:

Killer main I hate scratchmarks.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    Options

Killer Main

I hate that Survivors that are compelled to run second chance perks such as adreneline and MoM to make the chase last longer, and some make just flat out toxic builds with them.

Which in turn makes me feel far more compelled to run exposed perks, really just limiting my options as i just feel forced to run them to be effective. That is, when i want to play something other then Godbilly and ChokingBlinks 24/7.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

@adamn they have a knock on effect that causes so many OTHER balance issues.

Such as looping, stale chases, tunneling ect.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    FengMinEqualsWin Member Posts: 91
    Options

Survivor Main/Recently Getting into playing killer.

Vaults amen Hitboxes are so broken it makes it not viable

Amount of meta perks, tons of perks only work for that 1case scenario so it makes others less viable i wanna see new perks in the pool of choices