Survivor Perk Suggestion (We need something like this!)

Hello everyone!

I have recently bought this amazing game and during my 30 hours of gameplay I always struggled to get away unnoticed once the killer was heading towards my generator. He sees that it has been worked on, looks around and finds me 95% of the time, unless I get to play on the hospital map.

I am starting to think that if the killer knows you are in the area (because he saw the progression on the generator), you have no chance of leaving without triggering a chase. That being said, it would be nice if the Survivors had something to help them hide the progression on the generator for a couple of seconds, a perk for example.

I have thought about the following:

Emergency Shutdown

You are able to quickly conceal your traces in dire situations.

Whenever you are the last Survivor to leave a Generator, you turn it off for 9/12/15 seconds, hiding any signs of progression and preventing it from being damaged.

"I must do something about this racket. Urgently!"

I wish such a fantastic perk were added to the game 🀩

Comments

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

This perk could be Technician a good buff or something

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

This is almost like technician... it's a feng perk that reduces the noise of the gen by 8meters I think... it also gives the chance of no explosion happening if you miss a skillcheck on the gen

• EternalPhoenix
    EternalPhoenix Member Posts: 6

@EntityDispleased

Isn't it possible to find survivors even if they don't work on generators? I played a few matches as killer and most of the time I see survivors in the distance. If I don't, then I check random areas and I bump into them. They don't have many places to hide; especially not on that green map. The killers also have tracking perks, don't they? Like Whispers and BBQ&Chilli.

The only decent stealth perks are Urban Evasion which is mostly used for circling around small objects and Premonition which is good against stealth killers.

• EternalPhoenix

@Bravo0413

Are you sure it reduces the noise of the gen (the pistons)? I thought it reduced the sounds made by your repairs (that wrench noise). The latter are less audible than the generator itself anyway, aren't they ?

Isn't 8 metres very insignificant regardless ? If the killer gets that close there's no way he hasn't seen you directly already.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Killers have a terror radius for that matter. So you get enough time to hide / run away before the Killer gets there.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Since you are new it will help you to know that it often best to run away from the gen entirely when you know a killer is coming. Killers tend to search around the gen's area once they see it has been worked on so you need to put distance between you a the gen or move to another altogether.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

That's mostly due to you being new and still in low ranks, also when you play Killer. Experienced Survivors can go an entire game without being noticed or found by the Killer. There's a plethora of stealth Perks already.

• EternalPhoenix

@Roobnus

I took that into consideration too but:

1. If you try to leave the area they will see you (walking is too slow, you don't have enough time to get away)
    2. If you hide nearby they will patrol and find you
    3. If you sprint away hoping to get to a safe spot before they reach your location they will see your scratchmarks
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

i've seen something similar suggested as a technician buff

• EternalPhoenix

@DocOctober

How? I was looking for some tips on how to hide so I watched some videos on youtube. Those who were playing got found every time. Is it based on luck ?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The game is built around taking risks. The killer doesn't have another object they do other than hunt and kill you. You have to take risks to survive and the game has more tools for you than think to do that. You've got 30 hours in the game that means you don't know any of the game. It will take a while to learn what you need to do properly.

1. Run. Don't worry about the scractmarks you stop making them the moment you stop running and can even use them to give bad info to the killer tracking them.
    2. It is better to stealth away from a gen early than to try and get as much progress possible and risk getting caught.
    3. Start multiple gens. The more gens that are running means more distractions.
    4. Practice movement within the chase. Learning to path to pallets, getting fast vaults, juking, and loops.
    5. Early on there is nothing wrong with just sticking to working solely on gens and staying hidden. This is a game where you have to invest hundreds of hours to get a good handle on some things.
    6. Sometimes there is nothing you can do when in a bad spot. It's a team game and sometimes your teammates are needed for you to survive.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I think the noise concealment part could be a buff to Technician. I'm not sure how I feel about preventing damage to the generator as well.

• Robb_Stark
    Robb_Stark Member Posts: 87

Emergency...Shutdown?😯 Wow that is an interesting name right there. Great effect too - Stealth players (who represent less than 5% of the playerbaseπŸ˜‘) could make good use of it.

HOWEVER, the Developers will never EVER add such a Perk (which is sad 'cause it would have surely become my first pick everytime). As you might have already noticed, all the Stealth Perks the Survivors have are just for show. They are nearly useless. The only viable Perks are those which help you last longer in chases/rush certain actions so that you get out faster.

Do not fool yourself into thinking you can hide! Not only does the map design not allow it most of the time but also the Killers have quite a few detection Perks. This game is entirely based on two things: Running around in circles and holding down the Left Mouse Button to rush Generators.

If you enjoy moving around in a circle but you find this game rather frustrating, have no worries!πŸ˜€ You can give racing games a try, where you can continuously drive in circles to simulate the current Dead by Daylight experience (there's not too much of a difference to be honest).

Oh and one more thing: if you haven't gotten the hang of Chases yet, you should give up. Do not waste your precious time practicing. You will not get any better. (I have 1638 hours in this game and my Chases last 30 seconds on averageπŸ€—)

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

The 8 meters of Technician is insufficient if the killer isn't just passing by the area, if they're coming to the gen it's useless. Currently, it doesn't work as it should. Recent videos prove it makes things louder. The chance to negate a failure is still okay, but overall the perk is low tier. I wish they'd change it to silence or something. Killers can still see it working, as well as come over and check it out anyway.

Maybe silence is too strong, but it could use something. I'll run this instead of DS or MoM, so I want something at least decent in my perk slot. Know what I run since it's broken? Deja Vu. Every time a gen is done, it shows the three closest gens to each other, which is funny if the game is ending and the gens are all across the map. I'd still like Technician to be fixed and maybe get a small buff, though.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Hiding from the killer is not a static thing, you have to be in motion.

hide behind some walls, trees whatever. and when the killer goes around it, you do the same. usually, the killer doesnt make a full round, just sweep the back.

if you want to just crouch there and not be seen, take claudette and prestige her.

You can do fake tracks, like running from the gen, then stop running when you reach a cover, and go back the other way, then hide in the next cover to come while the killer trys to pick up your tracks again.

Hidding in lockers is risky, but often worth it, as lots of killers wont check the ones a little away (unless tracks run up to it). dont hide in the closest locker.

Also, perks that tell you what the killer is doing might help. i run bond, so i can usually tell if the killer is coming for the gen or chasing another survivor.