BHVR if you don't undo some ptb nerfs, you are going to lose alot of players

Currently the ptb has brought changes that really nerfed killers and buffed survivors big time. I'm expecting that some killers mains like myself will leave dbd for awhile as the current state of the ptb looks like another form of the dark times maybe upon us.

Comments

• PuppetLivesMatter
    PuppetLivesMatter Member Posts: 77

Exactly. Devs really screwed it with Pig nerfs. I mean... Why? It's ######### pointless nerfing a killer who already is so weak. Her power now is useless in end game thing. Idk what are thinking but this is a completely mistake and bs.

• rNine_
    rNine_ Member Posts: 42

Hyperbole at it's finest my friend.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Hmm.

Legion changed- Yes!

Pig Nerfed- Well that sucks.

Endgame Collapse- Cool, but need more tweaks.

WGLF changed- Cool no more farming A-holes.

Hatch closing- Cool no more hatch standoffs.

Coldwind Tiles changed- Nice, survivors can't see if a killer double backs anymore. Mindgames will be worth on that map now.

Why should this be undone again?

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

some users make me laugh look with your eyes, what did they do to F.J.S.J they are totally useless now. Look at Miss young RBT useless in end game , look at perk change buff to left behind which is useless once hatch is closed.

EGC that last way too long but that is a test so may be changed on live update. If they don't the new end game is pointless. Doors take 15s instead of 20s , remember me is getting nerf ed but, why this perk isn't used in high ranks. I'm sure in low ranks it's the case too.

Killers can open doors but why? to dig our grave, if killer open the doors there should a new mechanics that increase the end game timer speed. and can also be a blood warden strategy too.

i do agree there are great in this patch too like

• End Game Collapse + hatch closing
    • Legion being fixed even as i've said above they are useless now.
    • Coldwind farm fixed except the corn.
    • Bug fixes are fixing the right things

Dedicated servers is gonna be tested tomorrow we'll see how it goes but live environment should get a better matchmaking meanwhile, those queue time are insane + ranks being totally mixed.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,294

I mean I won't quit but I'm probably not going to touch Pig again if all the changes go live. Although if I knew eventually her traps wouldn't prevent exiting the trial I would have never bought her in the first place. She had a cool gimmick and now it's gone. There's no real urgency to take traps off now unless an addon that applies a debuff is being used and even so Pig is just a normal M1 killer.

After some thought and reading through the forums a bit I agree with a lot of questions everyone has. Even changes to Remember Me don't make complete sense because the End Game only activates once at least one gate is open. The only time the perk would come into play where it would be devastating is if there was just one survivor left and the hatch was closed. It would have been fine since the gate opening time was reduced from 20 to 15.

A lot of these changes look like preemptive nerfs to remove certain opportunities before people start trying them honestly.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited April 2019

The same complaining killer mains sure jumped in here fast with the usual especially after saying they and their 40 friends were leaving. For those that have actually tested it the changes are fine and it's not even been 24 hours that it's been out.

• powerbats

Well what would you suggest then to make it fine? I've seen plenty of people playing it on both sides that like the changes so far. That's not to say some qol stuff isn't needed which it is.

But the whole doom and gloom the earth is ending hysterics makes the ones acting so look foolish.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@yeet @powerbats

The ptb its not fine its very ez on survivors this ptb its on survivor side the only thing they need to change its make remember me the same it was or a tiny buff piggy i do understand about rbt on the end game cuz some ppl are cheese on her but now she need a buff make so she can see the survivor aura when they finish getting off a RBT or make hes ambush attack a bit faster engame for 3 minutes its too long make it 2 minutes or 1 and half minute i will say that legion hes ok but he could have a tiny buff on vaulting speed ans he will be balance

• powerbats
    edited April 2019

I'm not sure which locker change you're talking about since the patch notes i'm looking at say nothing about it.

No they're fine except it needs 1 more tier for 8/12/16/20 seconds but i can see why if it's used with say Dying Light. Those 2 in combo with timers and throw in both gates close to each other impossible.

The killer opens the gate at the same speed as the hatch closing, which is extremely fast and for it to be longer then you'd have to have some changes. You'd have to ensure that the exit gates can never spawn too close together.

Ok the survivors aren't there just to troll you, and you all need to get over yourselves that one. You have 3 minutes to go kill anyone else off and or force them out, you still can run noed and BW and mori's etc.

She has a faster crouch for ambush and you say they gave her nothing, she's also not meant to use her RBTs as an endgame troll job. Down someone plop a RBT on them, gen goes off their timer starts.

He's still unique and he can still cause Deep Wounds which SLOWS THE GAME DOWN. He can FF and move for fast movement speed boosts.

He can run any number of builds and addons now and still have options and he's not relying on exploits anymore to do it. Which seems to be the root cause of all the complaints now.

When Legion 1st came out people played them without exploiting and played him like he was supposed to be played. They did just fine and people that want to play him properly will still do just fine.

If him having to be in an absurdly broken state was the only way you'd find him/her interesting then they're not the killer for you. Besides it's been less than 24 hours of testing.

Post edited by powerbats on
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Each time Killers changed and adapted, Survivors complained about it and got the workaround nerfed as well. It's been like that since 2016 and hasn't changed.

• powerbats

Wait what, I've seen survivors adapt and killer whine about survivors adapting by changing how they play. I've also seen killer refuse to adapt and whine about it and there's been plenty of nerfs to survivrors and buffs to killers.

• powerbats

Ok thanks I didn't see that and I think you should be able to and simply have it drain the Frenzy bar and once the person hooked/dropped it starts to recharge.

Yeah got that one mixed up thanks for catching that.

I thought they added more this patch or perhaps that was a discussion where they talked about speeding it up more.

I played Legion as soon as they came out and actually had a lot of fun playing them how they were supposed to be played. Spread the damage around multiple targets then go for whomever is most available.

They weren't a strictly M1 killer then and they're not one now either, you get a free hit from Deep Wounds. Then you M1 them with the new changes and get an easy down, hook them=profit.

I main Spirit and i still see a lot of really good Pigs, Doctors, Bubba's, Myers, Wraiths etc. This patch change isn't going to suddenly make ppl that main those stop playing them.

Why are you even bothering trying to troll when the attempt just falls flat on it's face like usual.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

In the last 2 years the Devs nerfed the survivor to the ground..

Baby killer now complaining about MoM.

The endgame now is more balanced and Finally the killer have an option for hatch standoff and ######### survivor that Take hostage the game in the end.

Legion deserve this traitment.

Pig's trap deserve that rework for the new end game mechanic.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@Ihatelife I second this, when I saw one of them moonwalk, I wanted to cut my eyes out

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

OP Be Like... We KiLlEr MaInS oUtTa HeRe!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited April 2019

I've only watched but here's my take...

-Increase EGC timer to 4 minutes flat, no adjusting if a player is down/hooked.

-Bell should ring every minute.

-Increase gate open time back to 20 seconds.

-Remember Me tokens are 4 seconds each and stack up to 3/4/5 tokens (20 seconds).

-If Pig uses an RBT during EGC (or if an RBT is otherwise active during EGC) it pauses the EGC timer 10 seconds before the final bell (1 minute). EGC timer restarts when RBT is removed or survivor dies/escapes. Reset EGC timer to 1 minute mark if there was less than 1 minute left.

-RBT timer stops when in a chase and starts again once the chase has ended AND the survivor has left the Pig's TR.

-If killer closed the hatch to trigger EGC it will re-open on the last bell ring for 10 seconds, after which Killer can close it again.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I was pissed off yesterday, now I'm much calmer. I will probably try out the new patch and if I'm unhappy I'll take a break for a few weeks.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

I mean, i already uninstalled. Been meaning to pick up Warframe, and doing so now.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

No offense but we all know that you will most likely come back even if you quit, most DBD players do it's a strange thing that happens with this game.

• LCGaster

@KillermainBTWm8

I took a break only once before, it was when the game was buggy af like almost two years ago.

I will go back to play DBD eventually, it's my favorite game ever.

• powerbats

It's funny you say i'm trolling yet you conveniently ignore the Nerfs:

Healing nerf

Pallets nerfed

Exhaustion nerf

Maps made brighter nerf

Backwater Swamp reed removal to the point whole areas are clear.

Backwater Swamp Shrimp Boat moved.

Backwater Swamp crow bombs added that can't be bypassed by crouch walking or Calm Spirit.

Macmillan Estates infinite fixed.

Coldwind nerfed

I could keep going on with all the nerfs and changes that survivors have had to adapt to along with all the killer buffs. But if you think me listing that is trolling then you're not even worth debating because your bias has you so blinded to facts.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I understand what your saying but killers leaving is more of a detriment to the game as I know that it's becoming more of a frustrating experience for killers. Hey btw the main reason why I played killer was due to the fact not many killers was not playing the advent at the time.

When it becomes to a point that even killer mains on stream won't play killer are now gone to survivor and its happening more so. Half of the killer main streamers tested ptb and now playing different games even fog whispers.

You can get the concern and I'm sure you understand the frustrations.

❤️🐷

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited April 2019

Even "Survivor-friendly" Killers that never cared about Kills have started to stop playing Killer because it's such a frustrating experience. Since their audience mainly consists of Survivor mains they won't talk about it though but you can clearly feel how frustrated they are once they go for match.

"Ohh look at this, first hook and already 3 gens popped! I might turn into a "Ruin-#########" soon haHAHAhahahaHA, imagine that guys!" *cries deep inside*

• LCGaster
    edited April 2019

Healing nerf: Necessary to give killer a bit more time and hopefully prevent gen rush, not enough anyway, healing speed didn't change dramatically.

Pallets nerf: Was necessary.

Exhaustion nerf: Necessary.

Maps brighter: F#*$ sneaky Claudettes, they are still super hard to see.

The swamp: The map was awful and still is, kinda. The boat was moved? Good. Crow bombs help very little, it's like they're saying "Hey, someone is somewhere in this big area"

Macmillan infinite: Good. Infinites are bs.

Coldwin "nerf": Finally there is some counterplay for killers.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Goodbye. Noone needs some killer mains who dont understand anything about this game and are just salty crybabies whining about everything that comes up. Therefor many survivors bullied by exploiter legion will come back. Good deal.

• Cali
    Cali Member Posts: 108

You are very delusional if you actually believe that.

• Cali
    edited April 2019

General killer nerfs:

- removed the ability to be able to prevent the unhook prompt from popping up by standing in front of a hooked survivor

- buffed pallets from the stun happening at the middle of the pallet drop animation to the start of the animation

- the ammount of pallets have been increasing each time shortly after they supposedly made less pallets spawn on the maps

- Nerfed bloodlust (3 times)

- increased the hook timer by 15 seconds per stage

- Removed the ability to be able to bypass borrowed time with insta down mechanics*

- removed the ability to be able to consume decisive strike without it having any effect on the killer when dropped*

- Made it harder to rank up for killers with the victory cube

- nerfed the ivory and ebony memento mori offerings

- Changed the killer's fov to make it harder to see survivors at a very close range*

- Changed the scratch marks to in many instances not accurately represent where the survivor ran off to*

- Changed the sound occlusion multiple times to make it harder for killers to hear where survivors are*

- added indicators for survivors to tell them when certain hex perks are being used

- increased the (default) duration of the stun after wiggling out

- Increased the wiggle penalty for dropping survivors from 25% to 33%.

- reduced the size of the target lock-on hitbox of survivors

- added the ability for survivors to be able to enter the hatch from all angles

- removed the killer's ability to be able to see survivors on hooks

- added that the killer blocks the aura of the hooked survivor when the killer stands or moves in front of the hooked survivor from the point of view of a survivor looking at the hooked survivor*

- added tiles in which there are areas which are unsurpassable for killers, but passable for survivors (the so called "fat shaming" spots)*

- increased the angle from which you can blind killers

- increased the range from which killers can be stunned with a pallet drop

- added the pallet vacuum for survivors

- changed the combine harvesters on coldwind farms to be more survivor sided (twice)

- removed the killer's ability to be able to fly*

- reduced the ammount of crows that spawn on the map

- changed the way survivors interact with crows by making it so that when a survivor crouches near a crow it will not alert the crow

- reduced the ammount of information that is available to the killer about the survivors in the pre-game lobby

- reduced the overall skillcheck chances of survivors working on generators which decreases the overall effectiveness of perks which affect skillchecks

- Removed the 3 O'clock skillchecks which decreases the overall effectiveness of perks which affect skillchecks

- Made it so that survivors can blind and force the killer to drop the survivor they were picking up during the pickup animation (twice)

- Removed the ability to have no cooldown when you hit a survivor right next to an object*

- Removed the ability to be able to reduce the effects from wiggling by hitting a wall while carrying a survivor*

- Removed the ability to be able to push survivors away from hooks

- Nerfed the mangled status effect from 25% to 20%

Perks:

- nerfed shadowborn (twice)

- nerfed spies from the shadows (spies from the shadows did not work at all for a long period of time)*

- nerfed bloodhound

- nerfed No one escapes death (twice)

- nerfed Play with your food

- nerfed Save the best for last

- nerfed unrelenting

- nerfed thrill of the hunt

- nerfed iron grasp (twice)

- nerfed brutal strength

- nerfed deerstalker

- nerfed a nurse's calling

- nerfed franklin's demise

- nerfed sloppy butcher

- nerfed thanataphobia (removed dead survivors affecting the living)*

- nerfed knock out (made open handed affect it)

- nerfed whispers (increased the volume of the whispers to make it harder to hear survivors)*

- nerfed tinkerer

Trapper:

- removed the ability to be able to trap hooks

- increased the minimal distance at which the trapper can place a trap next to another one

- changed honing stone from putting someone into the dying state guarranteed, to having a mere 50% chance of putting a survivor into the dying state after having been caught in a trap

- shadownerfed the size of the hit box of the trapper's traps several times

- changed the setting trap indicator to no longer match where the trapper actually sets his traps (twice)*

- removed the trapper's ability to be able to place traps on the hatch

- decreased the time it takes to disable a trap from 5 seconds to 2 seconds

- removed the ability to be able to set traps through staircases and certain floors*

- changed the trapper's traps to get stuck into walls or other objects when the traps were disabled or the killer would grab someone out of a trap near a wall or object*

Hillbilly:

- increased the duration of the stun when bumping into an object

- removed the ability to flick*

- removed bloodlust from when using his chainsaw*

- reduced the effectiveness of the addons which reduce the volume of the chainsaw

- increased the cooldown on the hillbilly's chainsaw

- removed the ability to be able to instantly break a pallet with the hillbilly's chainsaw within a 3 second window when the hillbilly had revved up his chainsaw and afterwards didn't hit anything at any given point after the last time he broke a pallet*

- removed the hillbilly's ability to be able to put a survivor into the dying state while simultaneously breaking a pallet when a survivor slides over a pallet as the pallet is being chainsawed*

Wraith:

- added an increased cloaking time on the windstorm addons (white and blood)

- increased the rarity of the blink (previously mud, now blood) addon without changing it's qualities

- removed the ability to be able to gain deviousness points by cloaking and decloaking in front of a hooked survivor*

- removed the ability to be able to appear as cloaked for survivors while not being cloaked*

Nurse:

- reduced the ammount of default blinks from 3 to 2

- reduced the nurse's movement speed from being the same as trapper, wraith, hillbilly etc. to being even slower than the movement speed of survivors (while running)

- nerfed every single addon she has

- nerfed the range of her lunge after a blink (three times)

- removed the ability to be able to look up during her fatigue*

- removed the ability to be able to break pallets, interact and grab during the nurse's fatigue*

- added an attack slowdown when swinging while carrying a survivor*

- removed the nurse's ability to be able to blink on top of the shack

- added the ability to be able to lightburn the nurse while she is charging up a blink

- changed the way the nurse's blink works to make it so that the nurse would always blink into the basement when blinking near it*

- added the weapon swipe animation after hitting someone after a blink before going into fatigue*

- added the ability to be able to pallet stun a nurse (although they removed the ability to be able to stun her mid blink and not just after a blink, it has been confirmed that this will be brought back in the future)

Shape:

- removed the ability to be able to stalk multiple survivors at once

- reduced the movement speed on the vanity mirror

- reduced the point generation on the vanity mirror and the scratched mirror

- removed bloodlust from evil within 1*

- added the vulnerable indicator for survivors when the shape goes into evil within 3

- reduced the ammount of bloodpoints the shape gets in the deviousness category from stalking

- removed the shape's hitbox while stalking

- removed the ability to be able to end a chase instantly by stalking to gain tokens on PWYF rapidly*

- removed the ability to be able to stalk survivors in lockers*

- removed the ability to be able to stalk survivors who have left the level*

Hag:

- added the ability to not trigger any traps when crouching over them

- removed the hag's ability to be able to recover from decisive strike and a wiggle out instantly*

- added an indicator for survivors to tell them when they are affected by the waterlogged shoe addon

- removed the terror radius from the hag phantasms*

- removed bloodlust from using the scarred hand

- changed the scarred hand to no longer bodyblock the moment the trap triggers, and can also no longer trap survivors when a survivor is stuck between a phantasm and an object*

- removed the ability to be able to have traps triggered by dying survivors

- changed the hag's pallet breaking animation in such a way that it makes the hag look downwards when she breaks a pallet, instead of forwards

- removed the outline of the hag phantasm when a trap is triggered*

Doctor:

- added an attack slowdown when swinging while carrying a survivor*

- removed the doctor's ability to be able to shock injured survivors from a massive distance*

- snapping out of it no longer counts as healing (thus perks that affect healing no longer affect snapping out of it)

Huntress:

- changed the iridescent head to remove 4 hatchets from your inventory, instead of removing only 2 hatchets from your inventory

- removed the ability to be able to throw hatchets without losing any tokens on play with your food*

- added that the huntress slows down massively when she puts away her hatchet after she pulled it out*

- Reduced the effectiveness of the addons which reduce the huntress' windup time.

Cannibal:

- removed bloodlust from when using his chainsaw*

Nightmare:

- added an indicator to tell survivors when someone is asleep

- increased the size of the nightmare's terror radius from 16m to 24m

- added a 3 second slowdown after putting someone to sleep

- added that you wake up when you recover from the dying state

- removed the ability to be able to rapidly put multiple survivors to sleep (this has recently been re-added again)*

- changed adrenaline to make it wake up the survivor who is using it when it activates

- removed the ability to be able to put survivors to sleep who are in lockers*

Pig:

- Removed the ability to be able to kill someone with a reverse bear trap by dropping them behind an exit gate*

This list is ike a year old. Theres probably even more.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Yes, this post of yours for sure doesn't illustrate your ignorance perfectly.

Oh how I've been zinged.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    edited April 2019

Double post, ignore

Post edited by CaptainCastle on
  • Cali

Waiting for your reply @powerbats