Have you ever played against someone from the forum?

Options
PunL
PunL Member Posts: 136
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Like the title says:

Have you ever knowingly played against someone from the forum and thought like "hey i know this guy, he is the one from the forum".

Sadly i haven´t, but thats maybe because i am not long part of the forum.

Also: are you using the same name in the forum as in your steam account? I do, so if you see a PunL either as survivor or as killer its most likely me :D

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Not sure...I am curious if anyone has ran into me MettleOfLegion on PS4.

🤔 I've been pretty toxic with my builds recently so i'd likely be memorable. Since i've been using up my good stuff on Legion. 😂

I do not use the same name! I did before PS4 name changes were introduced though.

• PunL
    Options

@MineAntoiya

I played against panda I guess two times now, both during his stream (but without intending it). The first game he actually payed me some respect for good hinding, the second one he was a huntress and I just catched every axe he threw^^

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Most players are on PC so I doubt I played against a forum user. I'm on XBOX ONE [EU].

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

I once played with a Survivor who is also on the Forum. That I know for sure.

Pretty sure I played with or against other people, but since the Forum Name does not have to equal the Steam Name, I dont know for sure. But it would be a weird to play like 1200hrs on DBD and not play with someone from the Forums.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Nah.

• Adonisadon234
    Adonisadon234 Member Posts: 147
    Options

i'm a PS4 player soo... highly unlikely

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@Andreyu44 And that only few hours after I replied to you here in the forum that the community isn't that big and players see familiar faces in the lobbies just by chance. 😀

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

@Andreyu44

Sorry about that match, I was burning my Frank's Mixtapes, otherwise It would've been a Billy match :)

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yes. Once against one who was a killer and another who was a random survivor on my team.

Became friends with the killer although we don't really talk anymore.

EDIT - This is on PS4 btw

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

@tt_ivi_99

Its okay ,I still had fun :)

Thanks for killing that Dwight tho,he was doing nothing the whole game.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yea I faced quite a few, also from the Steam forums.

But I guess many players use different names on the forum and in Steam so it can be hard to identify. If you've seen "Sw!zZ-Pii" or "Bubba the Security Guard" (more recently) then congrats - you had the pleasure to spend your time with my presence.

Also:

Post edited by PiiFree on
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

If I got destroyed by someone from the forum I'd think that they owned me and I wouldn't be able to argue against any of their points.

I did play as a random in the same team as Mrs JawsIsTheNextKiller's toxic swf squad immediately after she stopped playing which was wierd. I made a point of not rescuing any of them on principle.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yes I have, Speshul_Kitten and another legion on here

EDIT: GT_Legend, Speshul, and I am trying to remember the legion

Post edited by Hoodied on
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Not to my knowledge, no, my name on Steam is Susie tho.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I have no clue. Maybe?

I play on PS4 tho, so probably not.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

I play mostly with asian players so no. Whenever i get message as to why im bad at killer i know that i played with european brats.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

Yes.. quite a few.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

@TheBean You play PC?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

@Plu

Then I played at least two times vs you. One time you were moonwalking me ( :( ) and the other time you let us farm because it was a 3man (and 2 BPS were burned, lol).

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Yes I have run into some peeps on xbox from the forum but on PC not really surprisingly

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yes, I did

Post edited by Groxiverde on
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@Hoodedfengm1n  I do. I seen some from the Steam Forums.. cause they got the same names.. some from here.. but not sure all the time cause the names could be different from steam.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I don't moonwalk people @Aven_Fallen , as for the farming, maybe, there's alot of Susies on Steam sooooo...

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Not that I've seen. I change my Steam name fairly often to fit whatever I'm doing at the moment, so hard to tell if anybody has played with me from here, as well. But no, I don't ever use this forum name in-game... still wish I could change it, honestly.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited April 2019
    Options

I played against someone named Ophelias on PS4 one time. I’m not sure if they’re on the forum or not, but it sounded familiar. I was Spirit on Torment Creek.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

ive seen a streamer facing someone i know from these forums, but i cant recall an event where i knew it was a forum member.

btw, if you find Mr.xD to be your Killer / a Survivor its probaply me.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I played with @Cake1100 once and it was a fun game.

Then I had a Billy daily after I turned #########, and someone recognised me.. I'm never touching Billy again, I've gone too bad with him to get good without losing my skill as Hag and Spirit that I've worked so hard to make. It was a daily luckily, so I wasn't too mad.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

i very very nealy had a match with Ochido!

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited April 2019
    Options

Someone from the forum just had the pleasure to meet "Bubba the Security Guard" :-D @PunL

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

Not that I'm aware of

• PunL
    Options

Wow, you want to hear smth funny?

Today i made this thread just for fun and because i was bored. I followed the answers with intrest but so far noone has ever played with or against me it seems.

Then just a minute ago i play against a Leatherface with the name "Bubba the Security Guard" and was like

"hey i know this name!" and yeah, now i played against someone from the game :D

gg @PiiFree

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Idk if I have outside of kyf. Btw if you’ve ran into TreemanXD on PS4 you were playing with me.

• TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    Options

I played with Not Queen once. I was in a 3 swf and she was our random. I played against her as nurse a very very long time ago though.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

No.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178
    edited April 2019
    Options

pc player and i have play against a few of the red rank forum killers here. not sure i should say those names bc it could be name and shame? but others i played with and against are detective johnson, scottjund, marth. marth is a "toxic" survivor but he's a good sport too either way. theyre all good opponents.

oh and powerbats too. from the steam forums i played w and against more bc their steam names are their forum name.

Post edited by benzos on
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I've played WITH people from the forums. But I have havent really come across anyone randomly. I have faced @Dabrownman1812 twice in the same day though.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

@Mushwin

Really? Why didn’t it happen? I think you would have beat him (unless both of you were Survivors).

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101
    Options

Y'all are some red ranked folk..hells to the no!

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 104
    Options

I was in a lobby with Detective Jonathan once, but the lobby got dodged so I didn't actually get to play with him.

I did get to play a game with Samination (not sure if he is on the forum or not) when Legion first came out though, and that was nice. We were both Jeff, and I'm pretty sure we both died. Good times.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

we was both in the lobby together, yes both surv...but the Killer decided to leave the lobby :(

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

@Mushwin - Can't really blame the killer for lobby dodging with TWO toxic survivors in his lobby. 😉

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

No sadly, I think I saw one that was familiar but might have been from a previous match years ago. Play Ps4 but as above not everyone here uses their in game names so??? I hope I run into some one day though 😉