Poor Piggy! Is she the worst killer now?

Acesthetiic
Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Who’s the worst killer if this PTB goes through (which it shouldn’t)? To me is has to be Legion or Pig at this point. Both of their powers are now completely useless. We knew Legion was going to be #########, but this Pig nerf was not necessary.

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I don't think pig is useless but she certainly didn't get any upper hand here. I'd say Legion though. They could have made him balanced but frankly they went overboard with the nerfs (and gave very little to compensate)

• Acesthetiic

Her RBTs are so restricted now that it will really hurt the play style of her. End game is no longer existent and the terror radius hurts her tracking and slowing the game down. Her crouching is already abysmal. Legion and pig are the same killers essentially with their abilities to slow the game down. Pig just has a bit more potential because of RNG, so I agree @ClogWench.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I addressed her, Legion and Spirit. Spirit was shadownerfed btw. Right here.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59229/killer-tierlist-patch-2-7-0#latest

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited April 2019

It really hurts her playstyle.. Looks like we will have to use the traps as soon as we down someone instead of saving it for the late end game..

A very stupid change. Looks like the devs wants to give survivors more advantages than ever in this ptb update.. what a surprise... not really..

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Acesthetiic Doesn't Pig get a free 4(5) usage of Whisper tho?

• ClogWench

See the difference is that she puts on a lot more time pressure than Legion does, while also having a stealth ability that can really help shorten chases if used well. She's also not so drastically punished for using her power. I agree she lost a lot of endgame potential but I don't think it hurts her quite as much as people are acting.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm saying this as someone who can't play the PTB, so all I have to go on is just my thoughts, but I think she lost nearly all of her Endgame potential. Her Ambush is not helpful during the Endgame, and with her Traps being neutered, she's basically stuck as an M1 killer with effectively no power during the Endgame. I think that's probably when she was at her best (and she wasn't really great otherwise), so I think it does hurt her significantly.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

What have they changed?

• TAG

1) Traps now only become active when a Generator is finished; they no longer automatically become active once all the gens are finished.

2) Traps no longer automatically kill the Survivor when they cross through the Exit Gate unless the timer is active.

3) Timers now pause when within the Pig's Terror Radius (in addition to while being downed or on a hook) instead of while in a chase.

• ClogWench

I'm aware of all that. I'm trying to say that she wasn't exclusively endgame oriented. Her abilities are solid at stopping the endgame from coming. Yeah this patch was an unnecessary nerf to her, and I think she should get some form of compensation buff at least, but I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say she's the worst now.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

That means you have to use the RBT right before the last gen had finished, that's it :3

Somebody: Her RBT is useless now cuz it doesn't click when the Survivors within her TR...

Me: Ever heard of Pig's crouch?

• TAG

Ehhh, I'm gonna have to disagree with that. I think they CAN be useful at stalling the endgame, but I think that's kind of a crapshoot at best (and now made worse with the timers pausing within the Terror Radius). Sometimes you just get crap RNG and don't do anything meaningful in stalling, which just means lose the gens faster and you risk losing unused traps. Absolute worst in the game? Not so sure about that. Bottom tier? I could see a case being made for that now.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,855

I hate when people start topics without linking what they are referring to. It's incredibly rude to assume everyone has seen the same things you've seen imho. This is the relevant part for this thread:

"The Pig

• RBTs only become active whenever a generator is completed. Inactive RBTs will no longer trigger when attempting to leave via an exit gate. *NOTE: Initiating the End Game Collapse will not complete generators, but will block them. This means that any inactive RBTs will remain inactive.
    • The RBT timer now stops if the Survivor is within the Terror Radius, as opposed to when in a Chase."

I don't think any of this is necessary. End game collapse isn't a good enough reason to make these changes.

• TAG

That's a bad strategy that's only really going to be useful for griefing, IMO. Three people bumrush the gens while the fourth is basically screwed.

• Milo

@TAG Again, gonna repeat myself, doesn't she basically get 4,5 uses of Whispers? Just a downgraded version?

• TAG

To do what? Tunnel the Survivor with the RBT? How is that a good idea?

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Pig got nerfed but its balanced ive seen alot of pigs in the ptb with blood warden her change its ok ppl just want to be toxic to the survivor in the endgame

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

This prevents her from just following the survivor till their RBT goes off now.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Not as bad as the new Legion. At least she can still benefit from her ambush and traps in the early and mid game. While legion can only chase and expect to get an m1 hit, and hope they don't have MoM or DH.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

@Milo Pig cant see the progress on the RBTs. So no, she doesn't.

• Incirion

@powerbats no it doesn't. You can still follow them while crouching.

The major issue with Pigs nerf isnt the terror radius nerf. It's the fact that the traps are no longer immediately activated when placed after all the gens are done. Used to be, you could hook someone, and ACTUALLY LEAVE THE HOOK, to go look for other people, because they were trapped so it was safe, they couldn't just get unhooked and leave immediately. Now she has absolutely zero end game potential, and if she gets a hook end game, she has to camp that hook to secure a kill, just like every other killer.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

While I understand that with the new end game collapse it had to be changed since otherwise she could just ensure they died. The one change they could make it that they apply the blindness effect or say the exhausted effect for 60 seconds.

• Incirion

If they get caught and go down and get trapped AFTER one of the doors is ALREADY OPEN then they deserve to die anyway.

• ClogWench

I imagine either a) they're people who don't realize she got nerfed, or b) you're just blatantly lying.

She's not ruined, but there's certainly no point in running an endgame build with her.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Not lying they were trying blood warden while i was looking the new kill in the end game collapse

• TAG

I accept that it probably could not be left as was, but I think (again, can't test it myself due to PS4, so I freely admit I could be wrong) that the changes to her endgame go well beyond preventing her from being too problematic during the Endgame Collapse and instead just makes her bad during that point. I think something else has to change in her favor if this is going to stay.

• LilBit
    LilBit Member Posts: 60

They put on the stop timer thing so it deters the piggie from chasing survivors from jigsaw box to jigsaw box or downing them while using the jigsaw box.

Honestly when I played piggie I was unsure most of the time of when the timer actually started on a bear trap. I thought it already started when a gen finished. But I have been in games and seen the timer start in different ways so I wasn't sure.

I knew they were going to nerf her a bit due to the end game. Was just hoping it wasn't major.

• 55gojappe
    55gojappe Member Posts: 931

I do not know why the Pig nerf.

From the first,the Pig is not the most overpowered killer.

>The RBT timer now stops if the Survivor is within the Terror Radius, as opposed to when in a Chase.

In the ver.2.5.0,increased the Terror Radius of Pig from 28 metres to 32 metres.

At least decrease the Terror Radius.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

The nerfs to Piggy are big but she is still better than Legion. And Freddy is still a tad weaker than Legion.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

This is bad. I hope the changes to Amanda come with some compensation.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I'm gonna miss being able to play Piggywiggy. The timer nerf isn't so bad, but the endgame nerf is just ridiculous imo.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited April 2019

Freddy is the worst killer in the game again (YAY!), Pig got heavely nerfed and Legion create their own separate tier AKA "out of the game"...

Low Tiers: Clown, Leatherface, Wraith, Freddy

Trash Tier: Legion

• Milo

@Incirion

From watchinf panda's stream yesterday i saw you can see it being active and stopping

• TAG

"They put on the stop timer thing so it deters the piggie from chasing survivors from jigsaw box to jigsaw box or downing them while using the jigsaw box."

Assuming the actual gameplay reflects the patch notes properly, it actually incentivizes crouching to run down the clock because Pig having 0 Terror Radius will mean she will never cause the timer to pause.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    edited April 2019

This is exactly why I am getting annoyed people don't understand why pig is so bad now.

Do you know the rng on removing traps are stupid it's very easy! the pressure comes from the pig chasing people off jigsaw boxes now she can't unless she crouch chases which is slow and trust me being chased off a jigsaw box is not a huge thing! it's just added pressure and to be honest I ignore people with traps a majority of the time as they are off gens and that's good. I might hurt them to give pressure and only will get people off boxes if I come across them it's just added pressure. Plus this is Amanda she doesn't play fair lol This is something she needs as her power in its self is not powerful but now it's none existent power.

It takes alot to annoy me but people saying oh it's not that bad shows they have no understanding of pig.

Any pig mains that can explain why this isn't bad I will love to listen to understand I guess when something you love gets done dirty it's easy to be lost in the anger. 🐷

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Literally not a single person in existence:

Devs: "Ok since a lot of players asked for Pig nerf..."

• GhostrickSpecter
    edited April 2019

Good luck getting yourself RBT'ed right before the last gen were done! You're just gonna waste a lot of your time to travel the map to find a Jigsaw Box or get yourself killed by your stupid teammates for popping the last gen+open the exit gate!

Many people thinks her RBT is useless due to EGC but ignores the fact that the RBT still activates right after the last gen were done, and if someone opened the exit gate and triggers the EGC, you just get fcked! If you don't put RBT on their head right before the last gen were popped, I'm sorry, but you're the one who's bad, not The Pig!

Most of you think the timer stopped when they're within Pig's TR fcked her up too, but didn't realized that the RBTs is used for stall the game, not for kill! When a Survivor has a RBT on their head, they will doing nothing except looking for Jigsaw Boxes most of the time. That means that's one less Survivor doing gens. Less Survivors on gens means more time for you to down and hook Survivors. If you used RBT just for kill, or tunnel/camp the fck out of the one with RBT, again, you're bad, not The Pig!

• GhostrickSpecter

And, this is just a PTB! They probably do some changes right before it's live!

• Acesthetiic

@GhostrickSpecter Have you actually played Pig? It’s all RNG baby. Of course Pig becomes a lot better and slows the game more when they fail multiple boxes. Do you always get that luxury though? How often can you expect it to happen? What happens if they get it off first try? Ask yourself these questions man. As for the RBT last second before the last gen... LOL. That’s so damn situational it’s too ######### funny. And it’s especially non existent against SWF. And how much is that going to help? Even you plan a gen ahead, you can’t just slug and stay by that survivor and expect to win.

a lot of people aren’t happy because the pig was already not very strong.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

If the change goes trough, i'd say Legion because he's essentialy a M1 killer with a power that hurts him more than it helps him, it will makes him on equal footing with addonless freddy but a freddy with full addon outclass PTB legion by far.

Piggy is far better than even current Legion imo, and on the PTB she's weaker in the endgame but still far more competent, Ambush is very good at mindgaming people if you know how to use it.

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2019

@GhostrickSpecter They probaly will make changes, but say that people are bad just because they cant get a bear trap on before the last gen. The whole reason this logic doesnt work is it is ao situationally you may get lucky and get the all the survivor trap, but then they. can get lucky get the trap of first time because of rng. Also Easy counter quickly gen rush and even if aperson gets one trap after one gen there are still 3 survivors left. There is not enough time for you to trap every aurvivor before the gates open making the leftover traps useless. As a pig main i really think if your going to say that people suck if they can't adapt to huge and devstating changes its like you want people to play nurse and billy. Ifinally challenge you with going on the ptb and play her because i played her and so have other streams who agree with what im saying.

• GhostrickSpecter
    edited April 2019

And do you think everyone can get it off on their first try? You think everyone were that lucky with that 25% rate? Ha! You think so, didn't you? And what if she brings Gear addons, or addons that increases the Jigsaw Boxes?

SWF? Ha, even if your teammates don't pop the last gen + open the gate, and even you can get it off, at that that moment some of your teammates already have a RBT on their head! Funny? no, you're the one who is!

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

At least she can hit a survivor right away. Freddy still has to wait for seven seconds.

• Acesthetiic

@GhostrickSpecter .... is this just bait at this point? Did you even read what I said about the RNG for RBT? Nah you didn’t. You were being very selective in what you wanted to read and reply to because you’re ignorant.

And again that is so situational and very unlikely to happen. You’re just playing all of this in your head man. It’s not as simple as you think it is lol.

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34

@Acesthetiic If RNG was the whole reason that made the killer bad, why don't you just play other killer with no RNG mechanics and stop complain about it?

I'm tired of people like these in.this forum.

• Sentry

@GhostrickSpecter plz answer the question off have you play the pig. Also, Not everyone can get it of first time, but his point is its rng and there is always that chance even if its small and it increase each time.

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34

I'm a Pig main since her release and I do understand about her! Yeah, the changes may sound like it killed her, but think about it!

What if they don't do something on her and she tried to tried to open the gate by herself, hook the trapped guy and triggers Blood Warden, and patrol the jigsaw boxes? How were you suppose to get the trap off in time if she do so?

• Sentry

I know what you me but being so severe with the nerf was totally unneccessary

• Acesthetiic

@PedoleonSpaceBeast Well, there goes more of my brain cells. I wasn’t saying that was the whole reason she was bad or not good. I was explaining RNG plays a big factor into what @GhostrickSpecter was saying about slowing the game down. So you’re another person just being ignorant choosing what YOU want to here. Also, that’s just a stupid thing to say, “...play a killer with no RNG mechanics...” LMFAO. Tired of people like YOU in the forum.