Dont let the WGLF changes go live.

Options
Andreyu44
Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

I understand that this change has been made for farmers,but sometimes you dont even know if the killer is near (a cloacked Wraith,a crouched Pig) and you cant know if the unhooked person will last 10 seconds.

Its the same problem I have with Deliverence.

If these changes will go through,please let us gain stacks by healing other people, WGLF needs a buff not a nerf.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

That's what body blocks and borrowed time are for. A clean save is nice but if you have to risk it then be prepared.

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    Options

@DemonDaddy BT will not trigger in the cases he statet.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

@PunL

True if they wait for after the unhook, but you can still body block and try to gain their focus. But not every killer can hide tr so that's situational and your choices should reflect your knowledge.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

u think that's gonna stop me from farming my teammates? I have borrowed time!

• Andreyu44
    Options
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited April 2019
    Options

WGLF changes are perfect. Its how the perk should have functioned in the first place.

Healing tokens would be nice but currently it, kind of, promotes an annoying playstyle to farm those BP. Its only going to be slightly harder now to get the stacks, don't act like its a huge nerf to it or something.

• Andreyu44
    Options

I know thats not gonna stop farming at all.

But people have a low IQ so they cant understand that.

• Andreyu44
    Options
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

You have 2 min time to u hook someone. Just do gens and wait until someone is in the chase with the killer if you cannot be sure!

How do you know the killer is in a chase?

Either use your eyes or look on the mini survivor icon. If one survivor gets injured he is probably in a chase...

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    Options

its a QOL change, not a nerf. Chill out

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

This is a needed change

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

I don't really like the idea of heals giving a token. In my opinion, a better idea is to have the unhook reveal where the killer is to all survivors for the same amount of time the BBQ&C shows where the survivors are when the killer gets a hook.

In addition to that, remove the safe hook option. Killers tunnel.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

where can i see what changes are being made?

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

That change was totally needed and it came much too late tbh.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

*heard the changes 2 minutes ago*

Sounded to me like they need to be actually careful now instead of getting EZ unhook Tokens.

Which is more than fine to me as a Killer main.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I'm okay with this change if...

...they fix Protection events giving credit for tokens. I've eaten so many hits and not gotten tokens it's ridiculous. Either, this needs to be a looser, more oft-rewarded occurrence, or there needs to be another way to get tokens. I end a lot of matches using WGLF with 0 tokens because I'm unable to get to the hooks, or are not in an optimal position to do so.

This perk is a wasted slot in more games than people think, whereas BBQ & Chili/Distressing will be universally rewarding and effective. (Unsure about Thrill's BP contribution, as I rarely use it.)

• KillorRun
    KillorRun Member Posts: 35
    Options

It would be nice if you can get 25% bloodpoints if that survivor have borrow time when being hit.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Nailed it. Getting farmed is worse than just not getting a token.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

having WGLF only activate on safe unhooks is great! Now to see what else they added as another constructive alternate method to get more stacks.

....oh.

Its a perk that involves sacrificing utility (as it has absolutely zero outside of helping with The Grind) and thats a fine tradeoff. but its so amazingly finicky that you have to play like a toxic piece of crap to get more than 1-2 stacks in a match on top of that, and stuff like bodyblocking only procs sometimes (unless you're running into the killer to take a hit while they're already carrying the person, thus removing your ability to go for a save and hurting your team even MORE)

It should feel like you're taking a handicap (one less perk) for a guaranteed bonus to your BP for the match, not "I have to screw over both the killer and my team to make this handicap worth it." The change has the right idea, but its a half measure.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Yeah it takes up a slot and most of the time, when I'm standing right next to an injured survivor and take a hit, I don't get a stack. In fact, I only ever see the counter increase on an unhook, which you don't always get to do.

But Chili shows aura, so it has utility and BP, which killers get more of anyway. Survivors need more BP gains, as you can escape a match with around 12k, only enough for 2-3 nodes on the Bloodweb. It's frustrating.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

BT doesn't always trigger. For example, the Wraith, while cloaked and standing in front of a hooked survivor, will not trigger BT.

So, using your logic, killers that want extra blood should also have to run another perk. Since BBQ&C is already one of the best, it would have to be something like Monstrous Shrine, and then only get stacks if they hook you in the basement.

I hate being farmed off the hook, but adding safe hook events to WGLF will NOT change anything. Bad players will still grab a hooked survivor just to get the camping killer off their tail.

Nobody should be accepting a nerf of WGLF while it is already not in line with the comparative killer perk BBQ&C.

Balance it first, then add quality of life.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

@not_Queen

I think one of the problems is that stacks were already less common to get than with BBQ, with BP already being less playing survivor than killer it makes it a strange change to not add another way to get stacks.

While it is a good QOL change for survivors on the hook means a killer is in control of your stacks, if they want to camp and down the unhooked person that risky save is no longer rewarded for even trying.

People who dont run WGLF also farm people off the hook as its still points and instead run BT, BT agaisnt a lot of killers guarantees a save unhook a lot of the times but it also doesnt stop the person being downed again and in essense farmed.

Why not instead put this healing idea into WGLF, keep the unsafe hooks and also allow stacks to be earned for taking hits while someone else is being chased, this means each side has more of a chance to get the extra BP and it may also slow the game down if more players run it, it is afterall a perk to gain more points so adding more ways to gain instead of removing them makes it more viable and may even helpt to change the meta up a bit.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

I don't see how it's fair that killers get 100% extra BP for completing their main objective (yes, it promotes hooking every survivor and not tunneling, but that's already the most effective way to play in most cases) yet survivors have to go out of their way to stop doing their main objective and compete for those unhooks with 3 others. That is on top of the fact that killers already make more BP than survivors in a typical game. There are also plenty of times I take hits for injured survivors and don't get the token.

I agree that tokens should be dependent on a safe unhook, but I'm not sure why there can't be another way to gain tokens, like heals.

Furthermore, there is 0 gameplay benefit to bringing this perk. You sacrifice a perk slot, which is A LOT, to hopefully get extra BP. Half the time I do not get more than 1 or 2 stacks unless I am going out of my way to ignore gens and focus on unhooks and taking hits.

Killers, who, as said before, already make more BP, get 100% more for doing what they already need to do and get a very powerful tracking perk. Not just on first hook when you get the stack, but every hook.

I just don't see the logic behind how much better of a perk BBQ is when compared to WGLF. I'm not saying it needs to be as powerful, but I don't understand why it has never gotten any love at all.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Options

Didnt know this was being changed. At least fix the protection token rewards. I take hits for survivors im taking a hit for and dont get a token for it but I get a token for taking a hit next to a hooked survivor.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I agree that BBQ is far easier to gain stacks on.

Your issue is seeing your only objective as getting YOU out. Like it or not, solo or not, this is a team game and you're rewarded for playing as a team through benevolence and altruism, as well as the ability to escape due to the actions of teammates keeping the killer busy or doing generators.

This is a HEALTHY change for the game as all it changes is the mentality of "Screw my teammate who I'm throwing onto the killer's weapon, I get more points!"

There are outlier cases where you won't get a stack cos a killer uses a power or perk to camp and tunnel, but those are far less frequent than cases where players lose a LOT of points because a greedy teammate got them killed for stacks.

The solution would be to find another event to add WGLF stacks to, NOT to revert this change.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

I am not saying no other changes will ever come to WGLF but for now, we have no plans to change the perk further.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

I don't think the risk vs reward is balanced. To promote teamwork, I would grant the following to the perk.

"After performing a safe hook rescue, healing the rescued survivor to 100% reveals the killers aura for 4 seconds."