So. Licensed DLC Killers which ones are worth it?

GenSim12345
GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Which one of them are worth buying for what reasons? More specifically. Pig, Leatherface, and Myers. I am genuienly curious for all three of them and am patient enough to wait for a steam sale or something similar to save money for all of them.

Edit: I shoulda specified. I have Freddy already ;^^

Post edited by GenSim12345 on

Comments

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Leatherface for BBQ if you missed it in the last shrine.

Pig for Surveillance and MYC.

Myers is a solid killer with a variety of playstyle and some strong perks.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited April 2019

I enjoy playing all four license killers because I'm a big fan of the movies they're in. Although if we're talking most viable I'd say it's a matchup between The Pig and The Shape. Then it's a matchup between what I consider the worst two killers in the entire game which is Leatherface / Freddy. Although Freddy does have a power curve in some situations where he's strong but he's super exploitable.

If you like stealth both The Shape and The Pig are great options. The Shape also has a lot of ways to be played because of his diverse set of addons. Although he's probably the more difficult of the two killers to play because good teams will prevent you from managing to get EW3 by constantly abusing your line of sight. The Pig is probably the most balanced licensed killer atm and can sneak up on survivors as well as use RBT's to slow the game down.

If everything goes right Freddy is one of the best at stalling in DBD but there's also a lot that could go wrong during a game. Also he's pretty addon dependent.

Leatherface is pretty consistent on what you can achieve. He's mindless fun with good perks but past that unless you're using fast charge addons you'll rarely pull off good chainsaw sweeps against anything past careless survivors.

Even with some potential nerfs in the PTB I'd say between the current 4 licensed killers The Pig is probably the most viable and consistent in terms of fun. Although all four killers have their niche satisfying moments.

Best mori probably is a tossup between The Shape and The Cannibal though.

Regarding learning curve The Pig is the easiest to get into and has the most potential for mindgames. Once mastered is also the most rewarding if you are looking to one trick as a killer.

----

Unrelated is there a reason my post looks like it's bolded or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

Edit - Also relating to your edit OP. I assumed you owned Freddy but I listed him anyway because someone lurking the forums may read this thread and I figured it would be best just to mention what he's good at.

Post edited by Dustin on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Michael is powerful

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I like playing Myers most.

Others have some good perks but If you want to get killer to play him/her and not just perks go for Myers. Others are weaker.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Myers is the most viable. I don't see them randomly nerfing him his power is pretty straight forward and balanced.

But that's what I thought about Pig when I bought her.

• littlejohnny
    littlejohnny Member Posts: 42

I feel that a good Halloween video game is long overdue. Its time that Michael and company had their own game. 11 and likely counting movies worth of material would definitely make for an interesting game.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Totally agree. Could have all the different versions of Michael, and different movie locations, etc. Would be awesome, and I'd buy it in a heart beat.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

i think they got laurie's scream down too!

halloween dlc is prob the best over all but i really like leatherface too even tho he's not too strong. except for camping. bbq is also very good for the bp and it would be the first dlc i say to get if u plan on playing mainly killer.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

Michael Myers by a long shot.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Myers. Playing with hardly any terror radius is as close as a ninja killer you'll get. Leatherface has a fun mori, particularly in the face of other survivors.

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

Pig is fun to play regardless of the upcoming nerfs. She is the only killer that can t-bag survivors who also tbag. Use that as you please. also her perks are good.

Myers is probably the one with the most playstyles because his add ons allow it. His perks are alright.

LF I honestly don’t have him so I can’t say much about him but his perks are all cool.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Michael Myers in my opinion is an S tier killer, better than any Hillbilly or Nurse, if you can master him, you will get constant 4Ks and at least 3Ks, he has multiple variations of playstyles and perks and add ons do change that, I say he should be your first choice for DLC.

Leatherface is cheap and he takes a lot of time to learn but I like playing him, he can frustrate you time to time, fun all and all, all his perks are OP, top tier. He is rewarding for good gameplay but he punishes for failing, I don't M1 with him much unless I'm using Franklin's or on hit perks.

Pig is nice to play, I have no negative opinions about her, good to slow the game down at 115% and with her lunge and stealth too.

• littlejohnny
    littlejohnny Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2019

I would love to see that. Between the two younger clown versions, the few attires he had when he was institutionalized and his normal outfit with all the mask variants would be cool. Then all the variants of Laurie, Loomis and many others from the movies over the years would provide tons of possibilities on the survivor side. The maps would definitely be incredible. The town of Haddonfield, HMH, the cemetery, Smith's Grove, the schools, the neighborhood and all the variations of Myers' house through the years. I would hope it would also have a really good single player story mode, which DBD lacks and F13 only minimumally has. Lots of content there on killer and survivor sides to make interesting content in a single player campaign. I too would buy it in a second. It would be an awesome game, especially if a AAA developer did it with the proper resources to pull it off properly.

Post edited by littlejohnny on
  • drekin
    drekin Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2019

If you're a fan of the specific film, you should enjoy the killer.

I am a big fan of all the licenced killers' franchises and believe, contrary to popular opinion, that all have been done justice. The killers are all represented well.

The Pig is my personal favourite licenced killer...but would rather it was Hoffman and not Amanda.

• Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103

I don't suggest any of them. Hillbilly and Nurse are all you really need.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

Freddy or Bubba they're op

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Michael is the first that comes to mind, Leatherface for BBQ and Spirit because overall she's decent.