The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lets Talk About Legion...

Hello my dear friends of the Fog,

After the last few days, Legion received necessary and unnecessary changes, altering a little its game mechanics. But the only thing that was not changed, was what really makes Legion a boring killer: the Deep Wound status effect.

Deep Wound is by far the worst effect for a killer to apply in its current form, even more so after the change where the bar will no longer deplete within the killer's terror radius, so I suggest a rework in this effect.

My suggestion for the Legion and Deep Wound is something that I believe will make them more viable, fun and with more potential to slow the game without being too unfair.

Feral Frenzy would be a skill with ranks (such as Meyer's skill), where every successful hit on survivors while in Feral Frenzy would give a Token and apply Deep Wound. Every four tokens, the skill would rank uo and improve Deep Wound. Deep Wound could only be applied while in Feral Frenzy, and only grants a token when hitting survivors not affected by Deep Wound.

Deep Wound would be an effect that instead of causing a bleed that if not mended could put you in the dying state, would be an effect that would reduce the speed of the actions of the survivors based on the rank of Feral Frenzy.

In Feral Frenzy's rank 1: Deep Wound would reduce healing, repair, sabotage, and cleasing by 5%.

In rank 2 of Feral Frenzy: Deep Wound would reduce the actions of healing, repair, sabotage and cleasing by 7.5%.

In Feral Frenzy's rank 3: Deep Wound would reduce healing, repair, sabotage and cleasing by 10%.

Deep Wound would work just like the Mangled Status effect, only affecting survivors in the injured state (working just like the Mangled Status Effect), being removed after the survivor is fully healed. Deep Wound could only be applied while in Feral Frenzy, and only grants token when hitting survivors not affected by Deep Wound.

Some addons could guarantee extra effects like blindness, exhaustion, mangled for a short duration or even reduce the survivor's vaulting speed, based on the rank of Feral Frenzy.

Let me know what you guys think of my sugestion, and also leave your own sugestion

P.S.: About Borrowed Time, its could work as it is, just change the name of the bleeding effect.

Comments

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

ANOTHER Legion post, my guy.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited April 2019

Let's not talk about Legion. I swear, there's at least 10 new discussions about him every single day.

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on
  • holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

with the current changes to legion, their power will be to get an fast first hit and then proceed into a normal chase for the second hit

if they find a group of survivors they will get to hit each of them and then pick one 1 to chase down

the deep wounds is just a bonus to keep the ones who get away off gens a little longer

• Petraaahh
    Petraaahh Member Posts: 208

This wont happen.

A similar argument was made for the plague that whenever she made a survivor sick they should have their action speed inhibited, however the devs response was that having your action speed inhibited by a killer ability is not fun, if they wouldn't do it with her I doubt they'd do it now with legion.

• Mithandris
    Mithandris Member Posts: 10

I know that, but mending is a terrible mechanic for the killer, at least in it's current state. It doesn't give survivors any sort of pressure, they just waste 15s, and than they can simply keep doing the gens. Even with the new legion, you still see generators being done very fast. And players dont stay close to each other playing against legion. And lets not forget that most of the perks dont work with mending (Nurse's Calling, Coulrophobia....) leaving Legion with very few builds to work with. And with those 4s fatigue (3,4s with cold dirty) its very easy to escape from a chase, especially now that they dont see blood pools.

But this is just me and my opinion. I just dont think Legion is fun to play right now.

• Mithandris

The plague is a very strong killer, if you dont cleanse for her vomit, you will stay broken for the rest of the trial, and she is a very fast killer, with perks like play with your food and thanatophobia she can get very scarry. And if you cleanse from the disease, well, the red vomit will put someone on the hook. Legion is not this strong right now, its very easy to punish him. IMO he is just a very weak version of the Spirit.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    edited April 2019

I think if you keep the Mending action but make the DW decrease Survivors movement speed, keep the bloody visual effects, make them bleed more, and make more noise, that could work even better.

Slower Action speed is great and all but an ability that also stacks with Thana, with someone who injures Survivors 99% of the time seems too much.

If the DW makes Survivors move slower, make them bleed more, make more noise, and have the bloody FX this will entice Survivors to want to get rid of the effect, and if they don't want to then you can track easier than before and catch up even faster. Basically it'll be an ability that makes hunting Survivors easier when you decide to hunt them. You can't loop for very long when your speed is cut by a quarter.

Also, it'll give the illusion that Survivors are bleeding out without actually doing it.

• Mithandris

this would make him impossible to counter. If they put deep wound to work with the injured state, they can heal and get rid of deep wound and the slow action status, together with thanathophobia, he would still have to chase the survivors and hit them with the M1, wich means, they can get some time by looping legion.

• Mithandris

there are a lot of posts about legion, because a lot of people its not please with his changes. He is weak and not fun to play anymore

• Petraaahh
    Petraaahh Member Posts: 208

Plague being a strong killer or not (in comparison to legion) isn't the point. The point is that devs have said they think that abilities that inhibited action speeds are not fun and therefore probably aren't going to to be added to the game in this case legion