The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So I tried Soul at Stake....

CallMeRusty420
CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

And it's complete garbage! Another bully the killer simulator and this time, you're slower than the survi... I mean Gamblers so if they find that sweet tree or grouped up tables, you'l never catch them! Btw did you know that the gamblers can go invisible? >.> What is up with asymmetrical horror games and making the killer a joke? I don't understand this at all. But at least teh devs of this game are beginning to balance it out so yay I guess lol

Comments

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    And TydeTyme called this game the "new Dead by Daylight" lmao
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    What's the game about? I haven't heard of it.
  • CallMeRusty420

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

I KNOW! Like seriously? Tyde must be losing it or something lol

• CallMeRusty420
    edited July 2018

@popoles said:

Basically the same thing as DbD except the Killers are actually worse. Although the only thing it does better are the moris but that's only if that survivor is a complete noob or idiot that you even get to do the mori lol

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

It's a pretty bad game honestly looks like it's from the early 00's.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@popoles said:

Chinese copy of DbD that throws in some F13th elements and makes Killers total #########.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

That's probably because he has long been fed up with DbD and is just looking for something similar to jump ship to.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053
    edited July 2018

I haven't played it, just saw some videos and I have to say I like the idea that people take inspiration of DbD and try to make their own take on it. That's quite normal within the games industry and necessary for development.
    Sadly it seems very unbalanced in it's current state. Looks like a lot of work has to be done to balance it out.

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

The title had a question mark at the end. And he even talked about the flaws of the game and how obviously it's inspired by DbD. Besides that explaining it's gameplay elements

• Orion

From what I heard, the game isn't so much "inspired by" DbD as it is "stolen from" DbD.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

TydeTyme also thinks Shape is on the same tier level as Nurse, so its not like he had it in the first place.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053
    edited July 2018

@Orion said:
    From what I heard, the game isn't so much "inspired by" DbD as it is "stolen from" DbD.

What did they stole? The unbalance? DbD still has it. So it can't be stolen.

Really, taking game mechanics, gameplay mechanics from other games is quite common. Just look into the online shooter genre. Or into Mobas, Soulslikes etc.
    Like said. It's obviously inspired by DbD. But it isn't a blant copy like certain mobile games. Gameplay is quite different in the way kills, the gen objective work, it's gamble theme, etc. Even the base kit of killers is different.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Basically, survivors do have infinite dead hard, are faster than the killer and can turn invisible/insta-heal with items.

The whole point of the killer is to use some surprise factors to get survivors. If they ever introduce Gamble with Friends in the game, it will be done.

It actually already looks very clunky and not very satisfying. Only the character "designs" are great, but the animations and sounds are rather terrible.

• Orion

@Freudentrauma said:

@Orion said:

What did they stole? The unbalance? DbD still has it. So it can't be stolen.

Really, taking game mechanics, gameplay mechanics from other games is quite common. Just look into the online shooter genre. Or into Mobas, Soulslikes etc.
    Like said. It's obviously inspired by DbD. But it isn't a blant copy like certain mobile games. Gameplay is quite different in the way kills, the gen objective work, it's gamble theme, etc. Even the base kit of killers is different.

I haven't played it myself, I'm just stating what I've heard. I'm glad it's not the case.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2018

Honestly I don't like it. It incorporates too many F13 mechanics into what is essentially a DbD clone, and overall the gameplay seems really slow.
    The only thing I like is how the cardholders are filled, since it doesn't require just to hold m1 and hit a skillcheck/qte, but you need to find the right parts/cards. If something similar was introduced for gens in DbD (like it was asked since a lot of time, actually) it could spice things up.

• popoles
    White_Owl said:

Honestly I don't like it. It incorporates too many F13 mechanics into what is essentially a DbD clone, and overall the gameplay seems really slow.
    The only thing I like is how the cardholders are filled, since it doesn't require just to hold m1 and hit a skillcheck/qte, but you need to find the right parts/cards. If something similar was introduced for gens in DbD (like it was asked since a lot of time, actually) it could spice things up.

Like some parts of a generator or finding tools? That would be interesting!
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    edited July 2018
    It's wayyyy easier to win in SaS as killer, especially with Bear Traps + Bells both guaranteeing free hits. 

Certain streamers are on literal 100+ game win streaks, but they probably have an inkling as to how the game and its mechanics work. 
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited July 2018

I'm not a big fan of the theme the game Soul At Stake has but admittedly I like how killers can execute survivors when they are below a certain bleedout percentage. Also all killers have the option to teleport to shrines which is another thing I thought was interesting with how they executed it.

Aside from that I liked how everyone is in third person and survivors camera position always stayed to where their character is facing. Not saying anything about the state of the game but seeing these mechanics in another very similar game makes me wonder what DBD would be with these features. Specially the mori thing.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    It is really early in it's life span. Tyde was most likely teasing the question as to whether it could be as good as dead by daylight eventually. Its a interesting gane but needs tons of balance other than that Soul at Stake looks decent.
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Tyde didn't say ######### ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how ######### hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.

Now that that is out of the way, yes, it is a bad game. Probably another example of an Eastern dev team just trying to get in on the success of a previous game.

• VESSEL

One shot killer potential? Yeah, totally underwhelming.

Even Huntress is ######### when you combat her with DS, SB, BT and WMI. Seriously.

• Orion

@MineAntoiya said:
    Tyde didn't say [BAD WORD] ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how [BAD WORD] hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.

Now that that is out of the way, yes, it is a bad game. Probably another example of an Eastern dev team just trying to get in on the success of a previous game.

Such is the problem with clickbait titles.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    No need to get so angry. Just a discussion.
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

That's probably because he has long been fed up with DbD and is just looking for something similar to jump ship to.

I watched Marth's stream yesterday (I like Marth quite a bit and enjoy watching killer streams) but since the whole Hatch fiasco it seems that he just really want's to ######### on DBD. They won't let it go, can't accept their mistake. He seemed to say how great the game was as well etc.. I think they just want to push anything but DBD at the moment.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    If you watched the video, he shits on Soul at Stake for most of it.

But the title was just clickbait for his audience.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    IT certainly looks interesting though... It might be more team oriented and objective-based due to no Self-heal without earning one 
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@Visionmaker said:
    If you watched the video, he shits on Soul at Stake for most of it.

But the title was just clickbait for his audience.

Hmmm I heard him say he would be streaming a lot more of it. I had it on in the background so maybe he was being sarcastic. My mistake then.

• TydeTyme
    TydeTyme Member Posts: 10

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Oh did I? I don't remember saying that what so ever.

• TydeTyme

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:
    Tyde didn't say [BAD WORD] ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how [BAD WORD] hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.

The title isn't really a clickbait. It shows you a game that could potentially replace DBD. The problem is it sucks and the title actually asks you since you know... its a ? at the the end. So since you can answer the question yourself the title fits perfectly.

• Donnary21st
    Donnary21st Mod Posts: 58
    edited July 2018

This thread has been moved to Off topic forum.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

The title isn't really a clickbait. It shows you a game that could potentially replace DBD. The problem is it sucks and the title actually asks you since you know... its a ? at the the end. So since you can answer the question yourself the title fits perfectly.

Excellently answered.

• VESSEL

I do aplogise. I am too passionate an individual. I'll try and remember to say my thoughts more calmly and less anatgonisingly in the future :)

• TydeTyme

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

TydeTyme also thinks Shape is on the same tier level as Nurse, so its not like he had it in the first place.

Oh my I do? Tell me how you come to this conclusion because I don't remember saying that. Ever. Man in one thread I've seen some children place words in my mouth left and right. Wonder if I'll get a reply

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Oh my I do? Tell me how you come to this conclusion because I don't remember saying that. Ever. Man in one thread I've seen some children place words in my mouth left and right. Wonder if I'll get a reply

still love your videos, Tyde :D
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

still love your videos, Tyde :D

Rebound OP, PLS nerf!

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

thats how they market games now.... whichever side requires the most players (survivors/gamblers/whatever), they make it fun and easy to play.... whichever side requires fewer players, they make them weaker and more difficult to generate less interest.... if killer was fun and easy, there would be less lobbies.... as it stands, there will always be 4 survivors laughing and ready to play and there will always be one killer thats not quite miserable enough to throw in the towel....

• Orion

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

That IS how clickbait works. The idea is to get you interested in the content even if the title does not accurately describe it. There's even a law for news headlines with question marks. Namely, that the answer is most often "No", because the person who wrote it knows they have nothing and just want to get people to read the article.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    edited July 2018
    TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

I believe they are referring to your Tier List for the patch 1.9.something. You placed Hillbilly, Nurse and Myers on the top row and explained how Myers has the best potential with add-ons and perks. I think that's where he's being mistaken.
    I actually watch your content, so I'd remember something like that. Will re-watch the video just in case though.
  • popoles
    @Orion
    But the title of his video is asking a question and the actual video is answering it. (Or people are answering it by themselves). Therefore, it's not a clickbait.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

Insecure much?
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@TydeTyme @JammyJewels

yes. i remember it to be add-on related as well.... not as a base killer but with a proper loadout and map....

• Orion

@popoles said:
    @Orion
    But the title of his video is asking a question and the actual video is answering it. (Or people are answering it by themselves). Therefore, it's not a clickbait.

Yes, it's only a title meant to pique people's curiosity to the point they'll feel compelled to watch his content.
    Tell me again how that's not the definition of "clickbait".

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Your mistake was thinking that Soul at Stake is like Dead by Daylight.

Bells are OP as ######### in that game.

In this one they're a meme.

• CallMeRusty420

@Mc_Harty said:
    Your mistake was thinking that Soul at Stake is like Dead by Daylight.

Bells are OP as ######### in that game.

In this one they're a meme.

I never tried to play it like DbD. It's supposed to be a sneak up and hit kind of game but the Gamblers have unlimited Dead Hard so screw that tactic too :D

• VESSEL

If someone was putting words in your mouth and misleading others to think of you as being an idiot wouldn't you get a bit miffed?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

I ######### hate that logic. "Oh, I put a question mark in the title, so that removes ANY and ALL traces of clickbait!" Like, no the hell it does not. If anything, it makes it more clickbait because it's screaming at you to click on a video with ninety-nine percent of the time no payoff or anything that actually provides an answer or even harbors discussion to the "question" in title.

FACE REVEAL?
    I SLEPT WITH MY MOM?
    1000 DEGREE KNIFE VS HUMAN SKIN?
    NEW DEAD BY DAYLIGHT?

• VESSEL

I mean, it technically is the newest Dead By Daylight, being almost a carbon copy with small differences, therefore new version :D

You may rip into me now

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@MineAntoiya said:

I mean, it technically is the newest Dead By Daylight, being almost a carbon copy with small differences, therefore new version :D

You may rip into me now

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

It's not a clickbait, it has some good mechanics that DBD could learn from it

Like the camera restrictions, playing survivors on this game is actually scary cuz you can't see things behind you. a true horror games

Dead by Daylight should have incorporated it from launch, it's such an amazing feature, the game is truly scary and thrilling

• TydeTyme

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

I [BAD WORD] hate that logic. "Oh, I put a question mark in the title, so that removes ANY and ALL traces of clickbait!" Like, no the hell it does not. If anything, it makes it more clickbait because it's screaming at you to click on a video with ninety-nine percent of the time no payoff or anything that actually provides an answer or even harbors discussion to the "question" in title.

FACE REVEAL?
    I SLEPT WITH MY MOM?
    1000 DEGREE KNIFE VS HUMAN SKIN?
    NEW DEAD BY DAYLIGHT?

You hate basic logic? True shame. See this is where ignornace and arrogance steps in. You really can't change what something is to fit your personal ideal and agenda. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Clickbait is when the title/thumbnail contains material that is not necessarily in the content itself. Example would be a lady's breasts and you get Minecraft gameplay.

The content was absolutely in the video that answers the question. Because I made the title a question instead of a statement drastically alters what it means. So yes it does remove any and all traces of click bait since the title is answered in the video. That answer was No if you missed it lol.

TL:DR Yes that "?" absolutely changed it from a statement of clickbait to a question that is answered by the video itself.

• TydeTyme

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:

Insecure much?

Nope just clarifying misinformation. You're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.