Can we do something about Claudette/Adam?

Andreyu44
Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

One of the reasons you see so many bad players in the red ranks is due to these two characters.

Spotting a black clothes Claduette/Adam is really hard (especially on specific maps) ,but red ranks killers know how to predict specific hiding spots for these two characters which leads them to being found and downed after two seconds because guess what,

Black clothes Claudettes/Adams dont know how to loop/juke the killer properly,but they managed to get to red ranks because those players took advantage of the clothes/skin color. (Of course,not ALL of them are noobs,but the majority is)

Im tired of getting braindead Claudettes at red ranks who die after 2 seconds they have been found,because they took advantage of this ""exploit""(Idk how to call it) or they just crouch around the map with Urban Immersion because "the killer can not spot me because Im a black character with black clothes in a dark map,OMG Im so skillfull xdxdxdxd1!1!1!" While I am on the fricking hook.

This is insulting for people who reached red ranks with ACTUAL skill.

Not to mention this is unfair for killers too.

Comments

• zeldor711
    zeldor711 Member Posts: 3

I don't think hiding itself is the problem, just that even a bad hider can climb quite high by just wearing dark clothing. I prefer hiding over looping, but I'm good enough at it that I hardly ever get seen by the killer and even if I do I can buy my team probably about 30 seconds looping.

• drekin
    drekin Member Posts: 16

I like Adam because he seems like a model citizen...but don't get me started on his default big flappy white coat!

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Look, I don’t think that stealth play should be trashed - I actually think it adds to the fun of dbd - and neither should running around be considered the be all, end all of survivor skill.

I do think that Claudette and Adam, but Claudette in particular, do need to have a brighter and more vibrant change in color palette and blood splatter. The problem is that Adam’s dark clothes and Claudette’s clothes in general (because they’re very earthy to match her botanist personality) blend in too well with the maps. If Adam’s slate blue or grey coat was lighter, he wouldn’t be able to hide as well on Lery’s, same as if Claudette’s earthy pinks became more floral and vibrant to stick out more on Coldwind.

Even their prestige blood could use a little toning down. I think Adam could get a slight pass considering he’s a big guy in a white coat but he and Claudette are both unnecessarily drenched in dark blood, meanwhile Jane BARELY has any on her.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126

sadly it really is true though. only on certain maps though

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637

That's not true at all, it's only certain types of players that do that and it's nowhere near the majority, usually the tell tale sign of those players is they run urban evasion and Sprint burst while someone who's more active and in chase will run something more like balanced landing because it has a use even when exhausted if in a chase

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Are you blaming the stealthy player for you getting hooked because you ran around the map like a chicken with your head chopped off?

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I agree they are hard to find but if they only hid they wouldn't pip even with the old system.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Adam's color pallets aren't that dark Sure he's got some black, but they always have brighter colors mixed in. In fact, most of his dark color choices are blue, which stand out at close range.

Claudette on the other hand, has a lot of color pallets with no bright spots, including her default clothing. And p3 claudette is camo.

So yes, Claudette needs color pallet changes, we all know this. Not sure why you mentioned Adam... You going to suggest changing Tapp too?

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73

I just load a Mori for Blendettes. Cull the herd...

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

You mean nerf something for survivor? Nah, won't happen bub. This is the new meta where it's only for survivors escaping.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Pure design failure, choose skin and Gratz your chance to survive skyrocket.

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149

So hiding is bad now?

• Andreyu44

Ehm... no (?)

Where did I say that is the player's fault?

Its a design's problem.

• Andreyu44
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

So you pick a character to hide better and people ######### that you are staying off the killers radar. If you wear what you want and try to loop as needed you're toxic. Maybe just play how you want and not worry about others?

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited April 2019

This is an incredibly weak argument. Juking has more to do with you reading the killer's movements. I've played Claudette as my main survivor, and it's entirely map dependent. She used to blend in very well on MacMillan (though now nobody does), but Bill, David, and Jake could vanish into the ether in Azarov's or Red Forest just as effectively. Even then, you have to pick your outfit for the map, and you magically have to roll that map or burn an offering for it. Claudette isn't as stealthy as you think, especially if you've been looking at one in virtually every match.

You can rank up almost entirely by attrition (it's been nerfed now, but single pips are still very easy to get if you aren't tunneled from the beginning), so your survivor aesthetic isn't what's going to keep you in reds.

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

uhm... and you insulted black people. nothing to do for these characters. they're ok. if you're upset because you lost a pip , just because you had a "baby claudette" who disapeared ... well , that's your problem.