The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 patch won't come anytime soon

Damaho
Damaho Member Posts: 44

At this point, we already know that the devs ######### up with the PS4 patch and are trying to cover their tracks and save their face in front of the public. If you think about it, they probably knew something like that was going to happen, given their track record with bugs and not working things in this game (thank goodness we had a PTR to find bugs! This really helped developement! /s) and therefore only gave us the timeframe "upcoming weeks" so nobody could blame them for missing a deadline (of course the PR genius that is Mr. McCote basically killed this argument, telling us on stream that the process should take around 2-3 weeks).

As most are already assuming, the patch probably failed the certification process at least once (probably more), if they even sent it in when they said they would. As we know from other developers, the certification for new games (which they apparently had to take for this huge update. I kind of doubt this but let's give them the benefit of the doubt here) takes 5 days for the game and another 5 days for the day 1 patch (which Behaviour wouldn't need) so we would have 10 days. Even if these were 10 business days and they sent the patch in on the same day the PC patch dropped, that time window is already over. So yeah, the patch failed.

But Behaviour won't admit it. Why would they? That would mean that the first big update they give us now that they are independet is such a train wreck that it can't get past Playstation certification (since it came through on Xbox with a "small" problem that had to be fixed, I'd assume they did "a pretty good job" on porting the patch). With the law suit from Bethesda also against them, the last thing they need is more bad publicity. What to do? Just blame the certification process and not the poor planning or coding. That is also the reason why they won't even bother entertaining the thought of giving us compensation for the time we waited (I'd even throw in the thought of giving the whole DbD community something so that nobody feels left out). If they would do that, they would admit that they ######### up.

The thing that really baffles me is why they wait for DLC confirmation on PS4, as if we would need the dlc for the patch. They could simply put the patch online before the DLC drops like they did on Xbox. But somehow they don't? Could it be that they lied to us about the positive feedback (yup guys, unpack your tin foils) just so that they can say "Hey, see? We communicate with you guys! We are obviously not trying to hide our big ######### up!". Even more interesting is that we get this confirmation the day before 4th of july and after a canadian holiday. This smells like they are stalling for time right now, hoping that their newest attempt at passing a simple certification will work, although I admit that sounds pretty weak but let's see what information we get tomorrow and see if my intuition is right (if we even hear something).

Like most PS4 players I'm fed up with the waiting. I love the game, I really do but the more time passes and the devs only give us their "we are waiting for confirmation"-bullshit, I get less and less motivated to even spend another cent for this game. At first I wanted to buy the dlc and get a couple of cosmetics but this slimmed down to "maybe just the dlc and doc cosmetic" then to "just the dlc" and I am almost at the point were I think "Why should I spend even one cent to support these incompetent devs?". Good thing Fortnite got released for Switch and therefore made me give it a chance. I don't like the gameplay as much as I like the gameplay of DbD but at least there we can get updates on all plattforms simultaneously (shocking, I know!) and you don't feel being lied to just because you play on a different plattform than the developers favorite plattform. And hey, I even did what Mr. McCote told us to do, although I am very sorry to say that I didn't go play Civilization.

tl;dr: PS4 patch won't come anytime soon, Devs lied, try to cover up their ######### up, will more likely spend money on games with competent development teams.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

PR game is OP, PLS nerf

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

I really thought that the excuse ''We met our timeline'' was so bullshit. I know they are French so maybe they don't understand that ''In the coming weeks'' is vague and means it isn't a timeline. Is that 1 week or 12 weeks? Who knows, that's not a real gauge of time.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

They have passed the certfication, why would they say it just to buy time?

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Hey most likely what is happening right now. Pretty sure they won’t say anything about it in the next days. There shouldn’t be a stream tomorrow because it’s YouTube week. We can just hope that we will get it within the next week at least. 
    They should reopen the shrine for the rest of the community it’s pointless to hold it back.
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

This entire situation is so stupid.

Why get everyone's hopes up if nothing is changed? We still have an indefinite amount of time we have to wait.

We are probably going to miss the double bloodpoint event being the only platform that will have it delayed...

At least I get to read the shitstorm when they announce 2x BP is live and PS4 isn't mentioned I guess?

• Jack11803

@BoxingRouge said:

Why didn’t they release the patch Tuesday if all was a go? They did it for Xbox.

• Boxohobo
    Boxohobo Member Posts: 50

I'm making a bet this thread will be deleted before the end of the day.
    Noticing them taking down ps4 threads on the reddit and a couple here the other day.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    This post, word to word, is one-hundred percent comprehensive of the blunder and cover-up by BHVR. 
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

Why didn’t they release the patch Tuesday if all was a go? They did it for Xbox.

I'm not sure, XBOX maybe has store updates daily.

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2018

@BoxingRouge said:

Because I think (and I kinda hope that I am wrong here) that they haven't passed it and will tell us in the following days that it is not possible to release the patch without the dlc and they are waiting for confirmation on that one.

• Kasies
    Kasies Member Posts: 66
    It's so sad that i actually think this is true. 
  • Jack11803

@BoxingRouge said:

@Jack11803 said:

@BoxingRouge said:

I'm not sure, XBOX maybe has store updates daily.

So does Sony. They’re releasing stuff on their blog, which includes release dates for dlc, which are on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. If it doesn’t come today or tomorrow, BHVR messed up

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i heard they were a week late submitting the patch to sony. its not a huge deal to me since i'm not interested in the dlc or the store. i main billy and i've no intention of dropping 10 bucks on a coonskin hat.... ******* ridiculous.... BUT i'm maxed on shards because the shrine is down and i'm really wanting the unlimited shard storage....

• Jack11803

Well, store batch today activated in about an hour or two, time will tell

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    I think you are probably right. I’m actually kind of glad SONY didn’t let them just put any old crap code on their system. I’ve lost all respect for BeH now and think this whole DLC is not even worth my investment or my time. 
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

PS4 won't miss the 2x BP Event. You just won't get it and it will be redone the following weekend (Or the weekend after the patch and DLC gets released). That's already been stated. I'm wondering if they said that to remove some of the salt when the patch doesn't get released this week. Just prepping the community for when it goes down like that.

I wouldn't put much hope in getting it this week, more likely Monday or Tuesday. It's a shame such a fantastic game has such poor Customer Relations. Although I am wondering now if they included the latest update that eliminated some of the speedhacking and had to resubmit because of that? Might be a reason for delay.

• Jack11803

@Mringasa said:
    PS4 won't miss the 2x BP Event. You just won't get it and it will be redone the following weekend (Or the weekend after the patch and DLC gets released). That's already been stated. I'm wondering if they said that to remove some of the salt when the patch doesn't get released this week. Just prepping the community for when it goes down like that.

I wouldn't put much hope in getting it this week, more likely Monday or Tuesday. It's a shame such a fantastic game has such poor Customer Relations. Although I am wondering now if they included the latest update that eliminated some of the speedhacking and had to resubmit because of that? Might be a reason for delay.

Speedhacking wouldn’t even be a problem on console.

• Shipthebread

@Mringasa said:

>

I wouldn't put much hope in getting it this week, more likely Monday or Tuesday. It's a shame such a fantastic game has such poor** Customer Relations. **Although I am wondering now if they included the

They should hire someone to manage the community. Maybe communicate and try to be empathetic to the people.

• Kasies
    edited July 2018

@Mringasa said:

>

I wouldn't put much hope in getting it this week, more likely Monday or Tuesday. It's a shame such a fantastic game has such poor** Customer Relations. **Although I am wondering now if they included the

They should hire someone to manage the community. Maybe communicate and try to be empathetic to the people.

Isnt there a community Manager or something like that? 
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

When the patch eventually comes speak with your wallet. People complaining on forums means nothing if everyone gives them money anyways.

• Jack11803
    edited July 2018

@Might_Oakk said:
    When the patch eventually comes speak with your wallet. People complaining on forums means nothing if everyone gives them money anyways.

They’ve had over 2,000 console players quit, damage is done

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

@Kasies said:
    Shipthebread said:

@Mringasa said:

>

Yes, but they've already shown a lack of communication in the various Forums. When it was just Steam, trying to get answers to legitimate questions was difficult. Now they just ignore that Forum. I don't think they've posted updated News or anything there in a month or more. They laid out a plan for more transparency in patches and updates, but while we are seeing more for stuff like PTBs, they are already starting to ignore the things that are important to the Community.

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138

Why would they lie? It would only make everyone angrier so I see no point in lying to us as it would make the situation worse.

• KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE Member Posts: 402
    Kasies said:

@Mringasa said:

>

They did but said person is doing a below average job
  • KING_DEDE

@Mringasa said:

>

They did but said person is doing a below average job
  • Shipthebread

@Might_Oakk said:

Yup, saw lot of big talk from Xbox players and when it dropped, non stop how do I buy cells, how do I buy DLC threads.

• Shipthebread

@Kasies said:
    Shipthebread said:

@Mringasa said:

>

They have someone with that as their title, but I don't think they know what a community manager does. It's not show up and post news that's already posted or that people already know, it's giving updates, yes having to answer 100 threads about PS4 update seems tedious, but seems to me that's your job??

• aztyn
    aztyn Member Posts: 22
    You know the best part they just announced it coming tomorrow and the clown kate and cells between sunday and monday
  • Kasies
    Funny how news drop just when people believe they are lying. Wow. 
  • Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 228

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you people are so impatient.
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

:'(
  • KING_DEDE
    2000 huh I’m impressed 
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Get the tinhats out

• Jack11803

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Being a member of the biggest ps community, and moderating the second biggest, I watch the numbers drop. I AM THE SOURCE!

• Kuris

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Being a member of the biggest ps community, and moderating the second biggest, I watch the numbers drop. I AM THE SOURCE!

Your logical fallacy is Anecdote.

• Lowbei
    P1 kate, P2 clown so far. clowns pretty decent.
  • Jack11803

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Sorry, was joking around. There is numbers on them of how many people are playing, how many are in a community etc.

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87

@Lowbei said:

I’m disappointed that you haven’t done more so far =(

• Kuris

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Sorry, was joking around. There is numbers on them of how many people are playing, how many are in a community etc.

Ye but where XD, i wanna see them XD

• Jack11803

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Oh, it’s just math, I’ll show you the number where it is currently.

• Kuris

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Kuris said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

do you have a source?

Oh, it’s just math, I’ll show you the number where it is currently.

Is that PS4 active players? I wonder what they define as an active player

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i sit on the couch and play.... personally, i wouldn't consider myself to be an 'active' player....

• Lowbei
    Sam00077 said:

@Lowbei said:

I’m disappointed that you haven’t done more so far =(

sorry. havent played that much this month. all my other killers are p3 50 tho :)
  • Sinister_Fury
    Sinister_Fury Member Posts: 27
     Im surprised this has not been locked like other Ps4 related threads