Plague is just..

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Legion with extra steps, literally do not cleanse your illness and you will be fine

Comments

• Hoodied

@SmokePotion Current legion in PTB moves same pace, not a threat, run literally by a pallet, and corrupt means nothing

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Only reason i dont like the Plag is b/c she makes all healing perks such as we'll make it almost completely useless. Medkits? lol no.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

That's why you want to run Spirit fury/Enduring/Bamboozle combo with her. Works like a charm and punishes non-healers pretty hard.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I find her very boring and uninteresting regardless of role I play.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

This is true actually, you can just not cleanse if you want to do well against her, however this makes her a slightly stronger version of the new Legion

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2019

it's not even slightly. against legion you still heal in the endgame to get the gates and to rescue people after the gates are open. Or you risk being m1 and slugged.

If you cleanse at any time, you are giving her a huge power boost.

And again, that's if she didn't plan ahead and take the only 2 good add-ons she has.

Already corrupted pools, and more pukier puke.

All that being said, i don't really like her gameplay.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

This needs to be base on all m1 killers. As it is right now most m1 killers only have one perk at their leisure *cough* BBQ *cough*

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136

Plague is super, i mean which other killer counters Iron Will, Adrenalin and Self Care? I found that alot of people just can´t play her.

People don´t heal? Then have you ever tried to play Thanatophobia? Also her power can be used as a weaker version of Surveilance (that also applies to your totems). And it does not stop here. Have you ever searched hours for an infected survivor on the ground because you didn´t run deerstalker? Probably not, because infected survivor emmit bright green particles all the time.

I really love the Plague!

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I usually don't risk not healing against her: too worried about the addon that makes your aura visible to her every time you puke. Which is all the time.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@George_Soros Also she has 115% speed. Players don't heal against the old 110% Legion but will probably start to do so after the changes with the midchapter update.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Another Killer that makes me go absolutely crazy as Survivor - not because of the Plague or her abilities but because of the way she showcases all the braindead players, just like the Legion does.

Constantly being reminded of the incompetence of your teammates has got to be one of the most frustrating things in this game.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
  • GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

If you stay broken, she can't get the Corrupt Purge, but ends up you're getting one shot, and she's a 115% Killer, you think everyone was pro at looping? And if she runs Thanatophobia, or runs Apple add-ons/Iridescent Seal, good luck with that with your smarty pants tactic~

If you used the fountain, you'll get insta-healed and removed the infections, but ends up giving her Corrupt Purge.

No matter you used the fountain or not, she still get benefits! So stop thinking not using fountain is the only way to counter her!

Oh, wait! I remember something!

This forum: Noed op, pls nerf

Also this forum: Dun use the fountain and stay broken, useless power LOL

Oof, Fckin' genius!

Post edited by GhostrickSpecter on
  • PiiFree

@GhostrickSpecter

You don't get it, do you? You can loop a 115% Killer for minutes relatively easy, depending on the map.

You can't loop a Plague with corrupted purge for more than 20 seconds regardless if you're injured or healthy. It's almost as if you give The Clowns gas the ability to damage Survivors.

Not to mention that it takes her 1 second to put you back into the infected state. You gotta be F-Tier if you really think using fountains doesn't make a difference for her. She can puke on me all she wants as long as it does nothing but infect me. Give her the corrupted perk and no chase will last longer than a few seconds.

• Hoodied

@PiiFree Actually, you can loop a Plague by Pallets when she has corrupt purge, there is a place on the Macmillan estate, Trappers map, that by shack there is a loop their where she cannot throw up through the boxes, so you can avoid her vomit and loop it

• PiiFree

@Hoodedfengm1n

Dude obviously there are places where you can still loop her, stop nitpicking. You did get the point or didn't you?

I can loop a 115% Killer on any existing loop, all I need is a pallet or window. I can also loop a Nurse on certain maps in certain areas, that doesn't mean the Nurse is now all of a sudden loopable, does it? Of course there are exceptions. No Killer is 100% loop-proof, not even Nurse.

• Hoodied

@PiiFree I know about how easy it is to loop nurse on select maps, I just said that you can avoid her corrupt on certain maps and areas as well

• PiiFree

@Hoodedfengm1n

Thanks for that input, however the discussion was about how wise it is to use the fountains when infected.

No harm meant but your statement made it look as if you support people that use fountains because "the Plague is still loopable even with the corrupted purge". While this might be true in some situations, that doesn't justify using the fountains ;-)

• Hoodied

@PiiFree Yeah, I guess I can follow on the 50/50 side, I am used to being in the broken state

• Hoodied

@Heroiq What if she does not have thanatophobia, I usually only cleanse myself if either

A) I am playing Solo survivor or

B) ThanatoPhobia

If its not on the list, the fountain will stay pure

• PiiFree
    edited April 2019

@Heroiq

No, an infinite tier 3 Myers has an increased lunge range and an increased vaulting speed, two advantages of big impact when it comes to the loopability of a Killer. Looping a Plague while injured is a lot easier than looping an EW3 Myers while healthy, I hope you are aware of that.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Then she gets to use the fountain and its much harder to loop her.

Are we seriously saying she is weak to SWF now? Like, I dunno, all killers?

• Hoodied

@GodDamn_Angela Everybody is different, I am just mentioning that she gets no usage out of her "totally real hit" purge if you don't use fountains

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@PiiFree Being reminded of the incompetence of your teammates is unfortunately true of every game that requires heavy teamwork. It's why they've all fallen apart once they hit the general public of the average gamer. They really only work as intended in a controlled environment, such as playing with a consistent team of friends, or in an eSports team.

Typically, you would balance around the higher end of the skill-rank spectrum. Except here you can't even do that, since their ranking system looks like something that a first-year design student would have put together.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2019

Looks like you're the one who don't get it! You're just getting yourself being one-shot which makes her chase a lot shorter! You don't know that Map also have RNG (sometime pallets/windows didn't spawn in a place where you think it's there)? I dun think you do! If there is no pallets or windows around you, you're over!

If she have perks like Enduring+Spirit Fury, or runs Add-Ons like Blessed Apple/Ashen Apple, Irediscent Seal, you just get fcked! Don't think everything will be as easy as what you're thinking!

Post edited by GhostrickSpecter on
  • Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103

My biggest issue with the Plague's power is it doesn't encourage the survivors to cleanse on it's own. What do I mean by that? It's mechanic effects are no worse than taking No Mither and it's drawbacks can leisurely be dealt with _when the survivor wants to_. Bad at loops? Go cleanse. Good at loops? Don't bother. It also doesn't help that many of her add-ons are cross purpose with each other, buffing only one aspect of her power and the ones that buff Corrupted Purge are completely controlled by the survivor team's willingness to cleanse.

Here is what I would do to help the Plague -

Vile Purge - Infected also causes Exhaustion after being in the Broken status for 30 seconds.

Add-ons -

--- Black Incense - Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 5 seconds when they vomit. Corrupted Purge now applies Infection.

--- Severed Toe - The Infection time on objects does not have a duration. When a survivor Cleanses themselves at a Pool of Devotion all Infection on objects is removed.

--- Limestone Seal - Slightly increases the infection time on objects. Infected Survivors cause an action speed penalty of 1.5% per a survivor.

--- Haematite Seal - Moderately increases the infection time on objects. Infected Survivors cause an action speed penalty of 3.0% per a survivor.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

You can easily loop her vile purge, then by the time she finishes breaking you she then has to hit you, which you then follow up with a Dead Hard, then she has to loop you a third time. by the time any competent survivor goes down, 2 gens were completed and totems have been cleansed