BBQ & WGLF as a 5th special farming perk

Options
zimer
zimer Member Posts: 119

98% of this population uses them, the last 2% don't have them yet

why not add a "special farming perk slot" for them, this being the 5th perk?

i think it'd be cool af

Comments

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136
    Options

BBQ is much more than a farming perk^^

i guess it is ok as it is.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Bbq its farning points but also gives aura reading so no

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,642
    Options

While BBQ has Aura Reading, it is not that useful on many Killers. Killers like Nurse, Billy, Spirit can make something out of it, Hag or Trapper not so much.

But I would not consider WGLF really that often used. People use it, but not as frequently as BBQ is being used. Besides that, if you want to have more BPs, you should have to sacrifice a Perk Slot for this.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Or we could buff the BP offerings so they're more worth using in addition to BBQ and WGLF?

Made a thread with suggestions for BP offering rework, ways back. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46827/a-rework-of-bloodpoint-offerings

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Making a 5th perk slot would better be for the character's own teachables than just 2 randomly chosen perks from 2 different dlc.

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294
    edited April 2019
    Options

I suggested this countless times and nobody even cared -_-

And tbh when they say that BBQ op and stuff... yes it's annoying but it also makes it more likely for the killer not to camp if he knows where to go next.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,642
    Options

This would just create a Meta. Some Characters would not be played anymore. Like, there is no reason to play Ace or Kate, because their own teachable are mediocre at best.

And even male characters would suffer. I mean, you enjoy playing Iron Will? Jake would be your man. But wait, you also run Adrenaline? Then go for Meg instead, she is smaller and you have an advantage.

Like for me, I am playing Nea and I use Balanced Landing. So I would have an advantage out of this, I would simply need to push BL to the 5th Perkslot and can put something else into my build.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited April 2019
    Options

This change would inflate the BP economy. If everyone started earning more BP per trial then the developers would simply increase the prices of each item in the Bloodweb.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

@Aven_Fallen

I didnt say that the other 4 slots would be redtricted in any kind. Claudette would be able to pick 4 perks of her choosing, plus one of her own teachables. Obviously she wouldnt be able to equip the same perk twice.

A 4 perk meta could be used on any character even with such a system. I am aware there'd be meta characters but i guess there'd be no big difference since claudette and meg slready are at the top.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

@Raptorrotas If anything instead of a perk I'd give each survivor a small buff that fits their character. Using Claudette as an example, she gets plus 5% to healing speeds. Something small like that wouldn't unbalance the game, and would make each survivor unique.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

What a load of crap. Every killer can make great use of BBQ.