Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anti- altruism survivor idea, Jude White

Cinder
Cinder Member Posts: 2

Just a survivor concept I was tossing around the last few days. Right now altruism seems to be the default action of most survivors, but I think that's kinda downplaying the horror element of the game a bit. It seems fair to think there would be a survivor who is out for themselves at the cost of all others, and adding that insecurity about who to trust with selfish perks might bring back some of that fear in higher level gameplay, where most survivor players play with very very similar strategies.

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Trustworthy Patches says "look there's treasure down that cliff!".

I like the concept but i think the first and second perks are too strong.
    It shouldnt be possible to spawn the hatch with all people alive, even if you only could sabotage if the generator is not at 0%.

I think the "traitor"-perks should have negative effects once more than 1 person takes such a perk or shouldnt work as strong on other "traitors"
    Slap some more BP-% one one / all of those and let the lobby survivor mindgames begin.
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The concept is cool but I feel like it wouldn't be used well. As in, it would encourage illegal things like survivor/killer teaming, and also increase toxicity between survivors which, let's face it, is already ridiculously high.

In a perfect world, this could be cool, but I feel like this community would ruin it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Fibijean said:

The concept is cool but I feel like it wouldn't be used well. As in, it would encourage illegal things like survivor/killer teaming, and also increase toxicity between survivors which, let's face it, is already ridiculously high.

In a perfect world, this could be cool, but I feel like this community would ruin it.

I think the concept would finally break the "we are all a team/bffs"- mentality.
    Let's be honest anyone would like a strong perk at the expense of randoms.

But your argumentationnof teaming with the killer is a legit point of concern. The core of these perks HAS to be that theyre not helping zhe killer.
  • JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@BillyBoiMain said:
    No. Just no.

IKR, How is this supposed to do any good in the game? If this was ever added in the game and became meta, I would quit the game

• I would not be ashamed to run hard knock. I have no friends so my survival is the only thing that actually helps me get through the game. The other perks are total dick moves to run but they could still be interesting if not quite as powerful. For Hand of the Entiry, perhaps reward going nowhere near the hook instead of actively screwing over other survivors.
  • JoyfulLeader
    edited January 2019

@Steamtastic_Vagabond said:
    I would not be ashamed to run hard knock. I have no friends so my survival is the only thing that actually helps me get through the game. The other perks are total dick moves to run but they could still be interesting if not quite as powerful. For Hand of the Entiry, perhaps reward going nowhere near the hook instead of actively screwing over other survivors.

I don't think they should implement perks like these in the game, the devs even said that this is a game about teamwork and not survivors killing each other and helping the killer win the match, and I mostly play killer.

Post edited by JoyfulLeader on
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I love the idea! Some of these perks are too much, but a selfish survivor with selfish perks is very much needed. Hard Knock is great, the others... maybe. But the concept is very nice.
  • BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164
    Oh this killer looks very nice.
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I like the idea of betraying your team but I don't think the other survivors would like it

• JoyfulLeader

@BillyBoiMain said:
    Oh this killer looks very nice.

LOL

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

You do know that working with the killer is against the rules, right? Having perks to actively sabotage people on your team, what makes you think that would be enjoyable? Coming across someone who farms you right next to the killer, leaves you on the hook to never get off, or sandbags and works with the killer to kill you off isn't pleasant. Some of these would help benefit that type of play, too, which isn't a good thing.

The second one is way too strong, too. Regardless of the amount of gens done, the hatch will show itself. It's survivor's goal to get out and a killer's job to slow down that process. Having a survivor sabotaging the team wouldn't be a good thing.

Also if you run past an injured person with a killer on your tail (working with the killer and sandbagging them), that would make it highly unpleasant.

TL;DR This isn't a good idea; there's already rules against working with the killer to sabotage your own team and this would just encourage and benefit that sort of playstyle. Many of the perks are way to strong for both killer and survivor sided events.

• BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164

Seriously, how is this a good idea?

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317

i like the last one but the first two can be exploited