Licensed cosmestics

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Is there any chance we'll ever get cosmetics for licensed characters? Being a Leatherface main I'm glad they went with the original Leatherface when they added him to the game and I'd really like to get his black suit that he wore during his famous chainsaw tantrum:

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

They'd have to get the rights in order to do so. They can't outright make cosmetics for the licensed killers without having the legal ability to do so, but since they managed to create content for Ash, it shouldn't be too hard to get the process done, it just...Might take a long time in order to do so.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I mean... He's decent with the right build and I enjoy playing him even though he's a joke compared to Hillbilly soooo... Yeah... 😂

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

They could make the Pretty Lady cosmetic for Leatherface as well, fellow Leatherface main.

They could make different movie version of Michael, like 2018 Michael or Rob Zombie Michael.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Switch between a few killers, one is LF, so am down for a Tom Savini TCM2 cosmetic!!!

As far as Mikey, isn't his look the same from movie to movie? Blue boilersuit and a white Shatner mask?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2019

We will get licensed cosmetics for Halloween and Saw stuff when DbD's 3rd year anniversary and the Scream chapter arrives in June. Lionsgate owns the Saw franchise, some Halloween movies, Ash vs Evil Dead and the Scream franchise. The entire Halloween IP is currently owned by the Akkad family. The latest movie was financed by Universal and Miramax.

As for the others they're owned by separate companies. Legendary Pictures owns the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise while Warner Brothers owns the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise . Valve owns the L4D games.

So who knows for them but considering Leatherface had costumes in Mortal Kombat X why couldn't he have some in DbD?

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

I am still waiting for shirtless Michael

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

Sorry to burst your bubble but that will never happen. Unless Behaviour are master negotiators I don't see them getting approval from the Halloween owners for a clearly non-cannon costume. One that goes against the image of Myers. Yes the DbD fanbase has turned Myers into 'daddy' and sexed him up but I doubt his owners want to give their official approval for that.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

lol have the knife in his pants instead of his hand.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

For the most part, yes, Michael's appearance is largely the same in each movie. But each movie, the mask is totally different, except for the second movie, which used the same mask as the original film. Also, the only movies to use a Shatner mask were Halloweens 1, 2, and 4. The rest just made their own masks. Secondly, the coveralls are different in each film as well, in terms of how the fit the different actor who plays him in each movie, color, and details.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

All licensed survivors have alternative cosmetics it's just that Ash was the first licensed character since they added the cosmetics store. I'd love to see them get the rights to put more licensed cosmetics into the game though!

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I'll be honest I saw rob zombie halloween in this post and cried a little, just a little...

• Laurie_IsLife
    Laurie_IsLife Member Posts: 15

Laurie is deserving of them at this point, I mean she's been through a lot so shouldn't she get something that makes her look more decent to be fair she is the oldest licensed survivor on both platforms

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited May 2019

@Laurie_IsLife She's also the most iconic.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

Sucks that we never got Sally added to the game alongside Leatherface. I would've loved to have her as a survivor

• bradys44
    bradys44 Member Posts: 105

As far as I know, there is a great deal of negotiating that needs to happen with any of the licensed characters. Agreement to be in the game and get a percentage of sales or an upfront purchase to the rights of the character, to be portrayed in a specific manner and usually everything has to be approved by the license owner before it's made public. In terms of cosmetics, again there would have to be an agreement added to the original license agreement that allows for the sale of extra items. This has to be negotiated too, whether they can be purchased with ingame currency; whether BHVR has to pay upfront for the rights to sell cosmetics or they give a percentage of sales; whether the percentage of sales fee is sliding scale or not, etc. In some cases the license owner is very lenient and all for having their character featured for fun (Ash Williams), but other producing companies will be very strict with the usage of their characters since they want the money. General rule of thumb: bigger producers and companies are harder to get approval from. If they had a license with a smaller producing company cosmetics would be more easily available.

TL;DR let's hope BHVR has a good legal team to negotiate for licensed cosmetics.

• EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 159

If i remember right, they had said (sometime last year) that they had just got off the phone with one of the license holders and they were excited about the idea. But we haven't heard back about it since.

I'd love to see some licensed cosmetics added. But everyone should expect them ALL to be auric cell purchases only like Ash's.

• Dwight_Fairfield
  • samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

They have mentioned in a stream a while back that Leatherface cosmetics were a possibility, but we haven't seen any yet.

As for old Myers/Strode they were turned down. While Myers mask and clothing changes in each film, it's not very noticeable and would make for awful cosmetics.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Yeah, I never understood that. Why only release Leatherface, but no survivor and map from the movie to go with him? They did it with Michael Myers and Freddy, so why not Leatherface? Don't get me wrong, it's great to have him, but it's a bit underwhelming, especially when he's considered a cash grab for being a Hillybilly reskin.

• Dwight_Fairfield

They were turned down for older Strode/Myers? That sucks.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I'd love to play as the older Laurie. I hope they can still get it somehow. I'm sure JLC wouldn't mind! Why not ask her on Twitter or something?

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

@Coriander pretty sure she would mind, I mean we couldn't even get the rights for her likeness so...

• kaio_stk
    kaio_stk Member Posts: 92

It would be my dream cosmetics for Laurie

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@SinfulHarlot I am not an expert or knowledgeable but it might be that they didn't ask for it.

It must be already expensive to get the Halloween license, I don't think they wanted to spend extra money on the Laurie. Keep in mind that the game wasn't really popular in those days too.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I want my new nightmare freddy

• GreyCat
    GreyCat Member Posts: 33

As a Bubba main, I would love the Pretty Woman outfit!

I'd also like the 2003 and 2006 movie outfits for him. <3