The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

fix death zone before making another bloodpoints event

Nightsong
Nightsong Member Posts: 14

title

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Death zone? We have a zone for this? Do you mean the hitboxes or something?

• Kiskashi
    edited May 2019

@Nightsong Okay thank you for clarifying, that makes much more sense. Depends on the map, which one did you have a problem with? Otherwise it's sometimes just teammates throwing down pallets too much early match.

• Nightsong
    edited May 2019

nah it did happen to me a few times and it was at the beginning of the game, found first then running for 30~50 meters looking for any pallets or window to find nothing .

i don't remember exactly which map on( being unfunny to play like that so i took a time away of that awesome game) but i think it did happen to me a lot on the cornfield map.

• Kiskashi

Hmm generally the corn in the cornfields can be enough of a defence if used well with the right perks. Could just be a bad random map generation as this sometimes happens? I generally find that map to be okay. But certain maps are known for frequent dead zones. This was sort of discussed in this recent-ish thread

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/448477#Comment_448477

• Nightsong

ye hope they will do something against that, i don't even want to play the game with all those dead zones even if the double bloodpoint is out

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited May 2019

If theres only 1, best to use it wisely. They are a resource you have to manage after all.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

The corn IS your defense. That map actually has a pretty high escape rate for survivors. But if you prefer a more traditional chase with pallets and windows then your best chance is running the perimeter. Regardless, the entire premise of your argument is ridiculous. You are assuming that there is a problem where there isn't and you are also assuming that somehow a double bloodpoint event is draining resources that could be used toward fixing your non-existent problem. Adding double bloodpoints is more like flicking a light switch than remodeling a house.

• Nightsong

someone who didn't read

sure dude, being in a dead zone with no pallet/ windows in whatever map is fine when the game just started and you're the first one found ( are you a killer main?) oh yes btw a killer with half a brain and who don't rely on scratch marks but rather look at the corn can still follow you through that corn, second fact: do stealth reward you any points? nah

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I read and don't see the issue. Dead zone are something to maneuver around and the pallets that are nearby shouldn't be used lightly.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

if you mean the corn in coldwind farm maps. i must disagree with you because they already work as a great vision blockers for most of killers. and if you had lightweight. it's possible to lose the killer easily.

but if you mean in random generated maps. yep. it's a bit bad when big dead zones are created in corners of the map. and especially in swamp maps when you're searching for the hatch. high chance of spawning in that tower right. but most of times if not in the tower. it'll be in the corners. and there's nothing in the corners. just a long dead zone

• Nightsong
    edited May 2019

i don't know if you act stupid or you are? a dead zone is a area with nothing to juke the killer: no pallets, no windows, you can just stand still and wait for him to down you.

@Heroiq yes i'm talking about those big dead zones that appear near the corners of the map, with nothing to hold the chase, nothing to hide and juke, those dead zones spawn more near the corners of the map.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Dead zones exist which is intended just like some generators are supposed to be in more risky places for instance so you can choose wether to go for a high priority generator or a generator that's in a safe spot but won't split up the remaining generators just to name a sample.

As for general dead zones with no generators: You're quite simply not supposed to stay there for longer than necessary and you can always run sprint burst so you have some sort of "dead zone protection".

If maps consisted of 100% safe zones - who'd want to play killer then?

If survivors play optimally you have to go through pallets and stuff till you catch them. If they had a whole map of pallets and windows with absolutely no dead zones good survivors could win without giving the killer a single hook.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2019

You mean something like this? Only one pallet and one loop spawned in this area. This is half the map filled with nothing.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited May 2019

That's ironworks of misery (correct me if I'm wrong) which has an infinite loop to left side of this picture (not visible in the picture), usually a strong pallet loop behind the player who took the picture, a jungle gym or even two to the right of this picture etc.

This picture merely shows the mid section of the map which can be easily avoided.

Also in that picture it's 2 gens left and 3 survivors so the game couldn't have been one sided due to that dead zone.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@Yamaoka It doesn't matter what the rest of the map looks like. What you have listed is generally on this map (the window loop is not an infinite either) regardless of the generation.

Besides, it's not just things like this that bother me. It's the inconsistency. We still have double pallet loops spawning on other maps.

And you weren't in the game so don't make assumptions from a screenshot.

• Nightsong
    edited May 2019

i mean like an area empty of pallets and window, that even with sprint burst you couldn't find a safe spot to go to either hold the killer or juke him and disappear.

You know, it happened to me quite recently being the first one found, going through 3 place where pallet do usually spawn, and seeing no pallet spawned on those 3 spots, the first window being too far away to be able to make it without taking at least one hit, even with sprint burst.

• Nightsong

even unsafe generators do have something near them to allow survivors to juke the kill for a period of time, dead zones have nothing

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

You get that ironworks spawns a particular way every time, right? It's not assumptions, it's map knowledge.