The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So I tried Soul at Stake....

2»

Comments

• TydeTyme
    TydeTyme Member Posts: 10

@JammyJewels said:
    TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

And TydeTyme called this game the "new Dead by Daylight" lmao

I KNOW! Like seriously? Tyde must be losing it or something lol

TydeTyme also thinks Shape is on the same tier level as Nurse, so its not like he had it in the first place.

Oh my I do? Tell me how you come to this conclusion because I don't remember saying that. Ever. Man in one thread I've seen some children place words in my mouth left and right. Wonder if I'll get a reply

I believe they are referring to your Tier List for the patch 1.9.something. You placed Hillbilly, Nurse and Myers on the top row and explained how Myers has the best potential with add-ons and perks. I think that's where he's being mistaken.
    I actually watch your content, so I'd remember something like that. Will re-watch the video just in case though.

Oh that's a shame. Well if we're looking at pictures I can see how that'd happen but we all known Nurse is a level all on her own. Silly to think otherwise.

• TydeTyme

@Orion said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:
    Tyde didn't say [BAD WORD] ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how [BAD WORD] hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.

Now that that is out of the way, yes, it is a bad game. Probably another example of an Eastern dev team just trying to get in on the success of a previous game.

Such is the problem with clickbait titles.

The title isn't really a clickbait. It shows you a game that could potentially replace DBD. The problem is it sucks and the title actually asks you since you know... its a ? at the the end. So since you can answer the question yourself the title fits perfectly.

That IS how clickbait works. The idea is to get you interested in the content even if the title does not accurately describe it. There's even a law for news headlines with question marks. Namely, that the answer is most often "No", because the person who wrote it knows they have nothing and just want to get people to read the article.

You're right as to how clickbait works but clickbait also typically leads you to click and leads you to content that is otherwise not what you would expect. From the title "The New Dead by Daylight?" you take in a question, is this game the new Dead by Daylight and the content should answer that.

Well fortunately the content does answer that and shows a game that nearly copies Dead by Daylight down to their values with minimal changes. This would then mean the title was not clickbait just otherwise an attractive title.

Real clickbait would be "GAME DOMINATES DEAD BY DAYLIGHT" to which you'd watch the video and see content that does not support the claim. That is clickbait.

• TydeTyme
    edited July 2018

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    still love your videos, Tyde :D

:O Got caught lying!

• Absolute_Zero
    Absolute_Zero Member Posts: 56

Where is the popcorn when I need it?
    It is funny to see peoples asses getting kicked because Tyde is using ACTUAL logic and intelligence.
    While i don't agree with everything Tyde says, he always has a point and can back his claims up (unlike most people here...)

Tyde, if you read this, sorry. Intelligent people are getting laughed at many times because the "not that intelligent" people simply can't understand it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018

@TydeTyme said:
    Real clickbait would be "GAME DOMINATES DEAD BY DAYLIGHT" to which you'd watch the video and see content that does not support the claim. That is clickbait.

... Christ, you're ridiculous. Are you really using the term "REAL" clickbait? What is yours? FAKE clickbait? It doesn't need to be a lie, which is what you are trying to say. It's in the name. It's to lure people in to click it. The content doesn't need to be unsatisfactory, misleading, or a lie.

Where is there the need for mental gymnastics? If the video title wasn't clickbait, it would be: Soul At Stake - DBD Inspired, But Far From Perfect.

Your title was trash, even if your content was good. Your title had no information, it was merely a question that needed a click to fulfill it. It also apparently misled OP and others to believe you made a statement. The conclusion isn't that people are stupid, the conclusion is that your title is intentionally garbage. If you don't want people to call your YT video clickbait, then don't use clickbait techniques.

Example of a clickbait title for those apparently unaware, desperately circlejerking over an 'intellectual argument': ARE GMOs CAUSING CANCER? linking to an article/video explaining why GMOs are or are not causing cancer.

@Absolute_Zero said:
    It is funny to see peoples asses getting kicked because Tyde is using ACTUAL logic and intelligence.

You mean watching Tyde jump through hoops because he's upset people called him out for using a clickbait title... because he used a clickbait title. My god, you people are daft.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    @Visionmaker
    I am not really sure what's the problem with it. The title itself is pretty nicely made, because:
    1) It predicts content: The viewer knows it's going to be about a game similar to Dead by Daylight.
    2) It (- yes, it does) encourages them to watch it.
    3) Viewers are able to answer the question.

Why do you have the need to act so agressively towards everybody in this thread?
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018

@popoles said:
    @Visionmaker
    I am not really sure what's the problem with it. The title itself is pretty nicely made, because:
    1) It predicts content: The viewer knows it's going to be about a game similar to Dead by Daylight.
    2) It (- yes, it does) encourages them to watch it.
    3) Viewers are able to answer the question.

Why do you have the need to act so agressively towards everybody in this thread?

1. Predicting content is not a plus. All titles are expected to do that. Should I give him a medal for proper grammar?
    2. To BAIT viewers into CLICKING on the video.
    3. Viewers shouldn't need to answer any question when the title could easily provide that information. Tyde CHOSE not do to that so he garners more views.

The title is ######### because it provides unneeded ambiguity for the sake of reeling in views. People have even confused the meaning of his title. If you need to know what's wrong with clickbait, you can feel free to just Google it. I shouldn't need to explain this to any "intellectuals" here.

Oh it's not REAL aggression. This isn't aggression. This is embarrassment. It's just my reaction to stupid people calling themselves smart. I didn't quote everybody, now did I?

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

"We have opinions, let us sing the opinion song! la la la la laaaaa!!!!!"

Wish there was a world where 1 person would go "This is my view of click bait" and the other person could just have a simple disagreement. Yet we always have to dominate each other like we're measuring our sexual organs. :(

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87

@TydeTyme said:

@Orion said:

@MineAntoiya said:
    Tyde didn't say [BAD WORD] ALL ABOUT IT BEING BETTER THAN DBD. We were talking in Discord and he said how [BAD WORD] hilariously stupid that people assumed he was saying "Come play this game it's better!". He's said many times on stream while playing the game that it wasn't as good as DBD and it had even more problems. Straw-manning is the stupidest thing ever.

Now that that is out of the way, yes, it is a bad game. Probably another example of an Eastern dev team just trying to get in on the success of a previous game.

Such is the problem with clickbait titles.

The title isn't really a clickbait. It shows you a game that could potentially replace DBD. The problem is it sucks and the title actually asks you since you know... its a ? at the the end. So since you can answer the question yourself the title fits perfectly.

Please shave, a lot of us that watch you need this in our life.

• VESSEL

Dude watch his older videos. CleanTyme is w e i r d

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

He lost it long ago. He's beyond moronic now

• deathdoer1

I think he looks better shaved. Me and my gf both agree, nope to the weird beard thing.

• deathdoer1

Killer - Micheal Myers
    Perks - Distressing, Unrelenting, Fire Up, Shadowborn
    Add ons- Judith's Tombstone and Scratched Mirror
    Offering - Ebony Mori
    No stalking until 1 person is alive

Survivor - David King (Yes all 4 people)
    Perks - Empathy, No Mither, Resilience, Spine Chill
    Item - Winter Party Starter
    Offering - Shiny Coin
    Only 1 survivor can live and MUST escape through hatch

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    edited July 2018

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

TydeTyme also thinks Shape is on the same tier level as Nurse, so its not like he had it in the first place.

Oh my I do? Tell me how you come to this conclusion because I don't remember saying that. Ever. Man in one thread I've seen some children place words in my mouth left and right. Wonder if I'll get a reply

Mate. In your own tier list video you list the Top Tier being Nurse/Billy/Shape.
    Thats putting Shape on the same tier level as Nurse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NWIcSj8oI

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Mate. In your own tier list video you list the Top Tier being Nurse/Billy/Shape.

TFW you forget your own beliefs and opinions

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

Seriously, can't we all just get along? Soul at Stake is like Dead By Daylight. Tyde put Myers in the Top Tier with Nurse (should have put Nurse in all tiers as it is all dependent on the player, to being unstoppable to psychologically scarred from the bullying) and we are all living a pointless existence. Everyone cool now?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Almost like the videos don't matter and everything is just for views.

• VESSEL

The same line doesn't mean they're the "same". It goes right to left, with Shape being the worst of top tier and nurse being the best overall.

Tyde's fair belief is that Myers has much more devastating potential with both add-ons and his ability in general - A smaller terror radius and potential to insta down is pretty terrifying, no?

Personally I count them as same with different circumstances need to have a good game. Especially add-ons and perks that work into this.

Tyde isn't stupid. And no, he really cares for this game. Don't think otherwise. He has hated seeing where it went recently, and the new perk changes have given him some actual hope. He really doesn't want this game to go the same way as Smite did for him.

• popoles
    Orion said:

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Almost like the videos don't matter and everything is just for views.

Why would it be for views only though? I think that Tyde is really interested in this game.
  • VESSEL

It's to be expected. Only consistent viewers in both youtube and twitch know his passion, and can understand his reasoning better. It is a human trait to go against things you disagree with yet don't know the backing points or reasoning.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Is it really necessary to discuss about Tyde in a thread about Soul at Stake? It really feels like the discussion is derailing right now.

I've watched several gameplay of this game and I must say, that I think it's kinda ok, but has still a way to go.
    I think for DbD players it's a little bit hard to get into it, because this game is all about ambush than direct chase, which is kinda refreshing. On the other hand it has it's own balance issues.

• TydeTyme

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Oh my you referenced a video that clearly states that Nurse is on a level no other killer is on being the best killer in the game without a doubt. So you used evidence against yourself? You're not a smart one. Just because two characters are on a similar line, does not mean they're of similar power. They're actually listed from best to worst based on the position of that line. Myers being the WORST top tier. Sitting at the opposite end of the Nurse.

Almost as if you don't listen to what the video says.

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Oh my you referenced a video that clearly states that Nurse is on a level no other killer is on being the best killer in the game without a doubt. So you used evidence against yourself? You're not a smart one. Just because two characters are on a similar line, does not mean they're of similar power. They're actually listed from best to worst based on the position of that line. Myers being the WORST top tier. Sitting at the opposite end of the Nurse.

“Because I put two Killers on the same level of classification doesn’t mean I think they’re at the same level of classification.”

• JammyJewels

@Freudentrauma said:
    Is it really necessary to discuss about Tyde in a thread about Soul at Stake? It really feels like the discussion is derailing right now.

I've watched several gameplay of this game and I must say, that I think it's kinda ok, but has still a way to go.
    I think for DbD players it's a little bit hard to get into it, because this game is all about ambush than direct chase, which is kinda refreshing. On the other hand it has it's own balance issues.

Soul at Stake does seen fun, especially given never knowing where the killer is unless you put yourself in danger by turning and slowing down in a potential chase. If it comes to console the camera system will be tremendous due to the naturally lowered control over turning. Though Tyde being mentioned is only due to his video perhaps being the only one that actually attempts to analyse the game to the obvious comparisons that would be made (like those made between Friday and Dead By Daylight) and to see how it holds up, his video perhaps being the only one out so far to really analyse the game rather than simply play it. I will always enjoy listening to his explanations that inform even simpletons like me.

• popoles

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

“Because I put two Killers on the same level of classification doesn’t mean I think they’re at the same level of classification.”

He even stated in the video, that he knows the Nurse is better than others in the same classification, so it goes from left (the best in the classification) to right (the worst in the classification). What's so hard to understand it?
  • ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

Tyde Isn't Perfect just so you all know. He'll make mistakes just like any of you do. Is Myers truly on top tier? Maybe, maybe not. Some believe he is like tyde, some don't. it all goes down to the evidence and facts they provide in theory, and prove them in practice. This means any two opposing sides must play at least 100 games or so with the same circumstances and try out all different possibilities of any and all different variables . Simply, it's near impossible to do so. so the question remains truly unanswered : You make your own tier list, and share it. end of discussion.
    For souls at stake : The title grabs attention, but keeps true to the content ====> not clickbait
    The title grabs attention but isn't anywhere near the content, or just appeals to desires ( eros for example ) ====> click bait
    Did tyde use means of marketing by grabbing people's attention for the aim to widen his subscriber circle like every single person on youtube, and every company? yes. is that bad? not really. I mean....no one makes a youtube channel and doesn't try to widen his circle.
    Did tyde however try and appeal to desires? no. just no. He answered the question. some say that souls at stake is in fact a contender to DBD. Tyde gave his backed up opinion that it isn't.
    all in all, Tyde says some smart stuff, some dumb stuff. like me. like you. and he did not use clickbait. only natural means of grabbing attention.
    Not really a tyde fan, i just watch some of his videos every now and then.

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@popoles said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@TydeTyme said:

@Gibberish said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:

Oh my you referenced a video that clearly states that Nurse is on a level no other killer is on being the best killer in the game without a doubt.  So you used evidence against yourself? You're not a smart one. Just because two characters are on a similar line, does not mean they're of similar power. They're actually listed from best to worst based on the position of that line. Myers being the WORST top tier. Sitting at the opposite end of the Nurse.

He even stated in the video, that he knows the Nurse is better than others in the same classification, so it goes from left (the best in the classification) to right (the worst in the classification). What's so hard to understand it?

Ranking them within the same level classification is still putting them within the same level of classification.

"They're all in the same top-tier, oh but, this one's the BEST top-tier and this is the worst!"

Okay? You're still putting them all in the top-tier.

• popoles
    @No_Mither_No_Problem
    Don't forget, it's a video!
  • No_Mither_No_Problem

@popoles said:
    @No_Mither_No_Problem

Here, have a pencil sharpener.

It'll help give you a point.

• popoles

@popoles said:
    @No_Mither_No_Problem

Here, have a brain. It'll feel strange after a longer usage, but don't worry, it's not dangerous!

With the video comment:
    I meant, that it is a video. So it is audiovisual. You keep forgetting, that it's not about the picture of the tier list (visual), it's also about the comments and arguments Tyde makes in the video (audio). You keep forgetting that.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem

Here, have a brain. It'll feel strange after a longer usage, but don't worry, it's not dangerous!

With the video comment:
    I meant, that it is a video. So it is audiovisual. You keep forgetting, that it's not about the picture of the tier list (visual), it's also about the comments and arguments Tyde makes in the video (audio). You keep forgetting that.

He still put Myers, Hillbilly, and Shape, all in the same tier.

• popoles

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem

With the video comment:

I know I sound rude, but have you tried turning my gift on? Myers, Hillbilly, Shape
  • No_Mither_No_Problem

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem

With the video comment:

I know I sound rude, but have you tried turning my gift on? Myers, Hillbilly, Shape

Oh dang, I chose the wrong word.

But hey, at least I'm presenting an argument with more substance than ad hominem and pointing out errors in word choice.

• popoles
    edited July 2018

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem

With the video comment:

But hey, at least I'm presenting an argument with more substance than ad hominem and pointing out errors in word choice.

I just said that you have a typo in your comment. Sorry that I hurt you.
    Anyway. Show me any of my arguments that are not with "substance".
  • No_Mither_No_Problem

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said: @No_Mither_No_Problem Don't forget, it's a video! Here, have a pencil sharpener. It'll help give you a point. Here, have a brain. It'll feel strange after a longer usage, but don't worry, it's not dangerous! With the video comment:

Uh, the one you just made that I was literally pointing out with that post?

• popoles

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said:

@popoles said: @No_Mither_No_Problem Don't forget, it's a video! Here, have a pencil sharpener. It'll help give you a point. Here, have a brain. It'll feel strange after a longer usage, but don't worry, it's not dangerous! With the video comment:

Uh, the one you just made that I was literally pointing out with that post?

I haven't said that this is an argument. I just said, in a different way, that you have a typo in your comment.
  • Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103
    edited July 2018

Tried it as well. Even without the infinite dead hard it would still be extremely difficult for killer. The game is basically jumpscare myers only mode except you now have a directional heartbeat. Refunded it

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2018

Now, I would like to take a moment to just bring up one thing here.
    @No_Mither_No_Problem

Now obviously I don't want to derail the post but after looking at the whole argument I think this just needs to be said, what's even the point?
    Truth is, everyone has their own opinion on things such as clickbait or even something as silly as a tier list. Obviously clickbait I guess generally comes in at basically the same definition with the difference being in more or less things defining it but the thing about a tier list is that no matter what they will always be opinionated and you can't take that out of what a tier list is. So what if a person puts Myers nearly at the top of their tier list? Rank 20's put Freddy and doctor on the top of their tier list (obviously a joke here but some people do genuinely think that), some people actually think leatherface is better than hillbilly, some actually somehow think nurse is the worst based off of their opinion of the game. No single tier list will be perfect and if anything it makes it interesting to see what is placed where and why by the person because that means that some people agree or disagree on the strength of a character. There is nothing in the code (I would hope) that says "no matter what this is how good the killer is and always will be!", they're just made and the community learns how to use them and then it gets judged, all opinionated at the end of the day. What does it matter how someone rates something, sooner or later you will find a list you disagree with. All I'm seeing here if I'm being completely honest is a pointless argument that's derailing the topic of this thread itself only for one person to want to prove their point more than the other. I'll just end this off with saying that everyone has an opinion (a tier list being one of them), you aren't forced to agree with it and it doesn't need to be a big deal especially considering that not everyone will share your opinion of how things should be.

As for the actual game itself, didn't really seem too appealing. It's an interesting idea being tried out but it just simply looks too unbalanced and it seems like you're really just relying on jumpscares to catch people off as otherwise any player will just avoid you forever due to lack of speed and well...a button to dodge any attack made and then some ridiculous things like the bell. Not exactly the most appealing game in the world in its current state ;p

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234
    The worst of DBD + F13= soul at stake
    Fuckery of epic proportions.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

@ShesArebel88 said:

I do not understand why this made laugh so much XD.

• JammyJewels

You can literally kill Jason. Hell, sometimes it causes Jason to run from the survivors if he spots you with Tommy and the sweater girl. You can't fight back against the Killer in Soul at Stake, from what I've seen, and the only problem is the dodging of attacks and the movement speed. It looks more scary than Dead By Daylight, I'll say that much.
  • TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

......This is why we can’t have nice things. I’ve been playing soul at stake for a long time and this game isn’t about chasing them. You’re supposed to use strategy, it’s nothing like DBD so don’t treat it like it.

This discussion has been closed.